Author Topic: Safari  (Read 3708 times)

Rujah

• team digest
    • http://
Safari
« on: June 16, 2009, 08:20:40 pm »
For those Mac users on board, just wondering if you\'ve been having trouble viewing the .info the past few weeks via Safari web browser? Sometimes I use Safari and other times I use Firefox. When I go to .info on Firefox everything works fine, but when I try to go there in Safari, nothing shows up. Not sure if it\'s just my Mac or what.
Merge futhermucker just you merge You futhermucker merge merge futhermucker now

You can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug, especially when its waving a razor sharp hunting knife in your eye - Raoul duke - Hunter S. Thompson, Fear&Loathing

Gimme breakfast..................

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
Safari
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2009, 08:43:35 pm »
google chrome or bust.
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
Safari
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2009, 09:36:37 pm »
Quote from: freddiewaht;233664
google chrome or bust.

I own a Mac and use Firefox. I never use Safari.

At work I use Google Chrome and enjoy it very much so.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

Vassillios

• straight from the gutter
Safari
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2009, 10:22:25 pm »
just tried .info on safari and it worked fine for me. i do notice that web pages load faster with the new safari. i still use firefox primarily though. is google chrome that cool? what about it is better?
i think it\'s turning back on me / i\'m down on the upside

stublatt

Safari
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2009, 10:57:04 pm »
Have not had any issues with Safari/MacBook Pro

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
Safari
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2009, 01:12:45 am »
making threads about macs on this site = pointless.  unless you got some ser titties or are a computer geek, mac threads are not going to get recognized.  good luck brah.   -  yoda\'d
*Gia*

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
Safari
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2009, 08:35:54 am »
Ruja, I been safari\'n since before you were born....
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
Safari
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2009, 08:39:17 am »
the nerd in me lolz @ you
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

SkyePrizm

• separator
Safari
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2009, 10:43:06 am »
Quote from: Rujah;233661
For those Mac users on board, just wondering if you\'ve been having trouble viewing the .info the past few weeks via Safari web browser? Sometimes I use Safari and other times I use Firefox. When I go to .info on Firefox everything works fine, but when I try to go there in Safari, nothing shows up. Not sure if it\'s just my Mac or what.

i\'ve never had a problem with safari with dot info....however safari has given me issues with other sites....so i use firefox or opera as a back up browser.  I honestly think Safari is going down the shitter and if Mac wants you to use this as your main browswer, they need to work out the kinks.

I\'ve been a Mac User since the 90s...this the first complaint i\'ve had about them. I usually rave on and on.

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
Safari
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2009, 10:45:15 am »
Quote from: SkyePrizm;233736
Quote from: Rujah;233661

i\'ve never had a problem with safari with dot info....however safari has given me issues with other sites....so i use firefox or opera as a back up browser.  I honestly think Safari is going down the shitter and if Mac wants you to use this as your main browswer, they need to work out the kinks.

I\'ve been a Mac User since the 90s...this the first complaint i\'ve had about them. I usually rave on and on.

I agree. My father has always used MAC in business and personal. I showed him the power of FF and he has never gone back.

I could be bias but I enjoy FF on my Mac for the comfortability and easiness of use.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

snwckgtr

• aka snickerdoodle
Safari
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2009, 11:32:20 am »
did you just upgrade to the new safari?  i havent had any problems so far and like everyone else i use firefox mostly...but i checked and it does work fine on safari (the new one)....

Rujah

• team digest
Safari
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2009, 04:15:27 pm »
I did just upgrade to the new safari whenever they rolled it out. but I\'ve been noticing this on the previous version too. I usually use FF, but lately I\'ve had my Safari browser running so I just used that, but .info doesn\'t seem to want to work for me in Safari. Just wondered if it was my Mac or Safari. Looks like I\'ll just use FF from now on.

You can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug, especially when its waving a razor sharp hunting knife in your eye - Raoul duke - Hunter S. Thompson, Fear&Loathing

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
Safari
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2009, 04:43:02 pm »
Quote from: Rujah;233814
I did just upgrade to the new safari whenever they rolled it out. but I\'ve been noticing this on the previous version too. I usually use FF, but lately I\'ve had my Safari browser running so I just used that, but .info doesn\'t seem to want to work for me in Safari. Just wondered if it was my Mac or Safari. Looks like I\'ll just use FF from now on.

using Safari Version 3.2.3 (5525.28.3)

What are some of the things that seem weird to you ?
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

Rujah

• team digest
Safari
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2009, 10:49:07 am »
Quote from: kindm\'s;233821
Quote from: Rujah;233814

using Safari Version 3.2.3 (5525.28.3)

What are some of the things that seem weird to you ?

The page is not loading or something. When I try to visit .info in Safari all I see is a blank gray screen. Not sure the problem, must be my computer or something. I haven\'t noticed any other weirdness in other pages I visit. :wtf2:

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
Safari
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2009, 11:40:39 am »
Ubuntu works pretty well on Macs with Intel chips.

Works even better on cheap PCs ;)
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising