Author Topic: Setlist: 2004-02-12 - Tribeca Rock Club; New York, NY  (Read 4004 times)

davepeck

• Administrator
Setlist: 2004-02-12 - Tribeca Rock Club; New York, NY
« on: February 13, 2004, 03:19:51 am »
I: Spunk, Great Big Fiery Ball In The Sky > Wake Up In A Coma,  Inner Glimpse, Drunk Monk Bar, Za, Tom Sawyer, Buquebus > Rufus* > Fire

* with \'Inca Roads\' (Frank Zappa) teases.

sleep first, comments later. \'night.

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2004, 03:27:34 am »
Thanx bro get some sleep yo

Oh yeah did they play on the 11th ? setlist?
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
Re: Setlist: 02/12/04 - Tribeca Rock Club; New York, NY
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2004, 05:17:33 am »
Originally posted by davepeck
Tom Sawyer, Buquebus > Rufus*
* with \'Inca Roads\' (Frank Zappa) teases.

damnit! I knew they were gonna play TS, but an inca roads tease? tim hasn\'t done that in a LOOONG time mabye year+.

What a hell of a show to miss. Sometimes it really sucks having to be into work at 4a.
Peck/Matt/Chris, when can I grab a copy?
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2004, 09:56:53 am »
ahh... so.. great show last night.. decent crowd (coulda been a little better).. nero was great. pb rocked.

spunk - great opener. a little slower than it has been in the past, but still rockin\' right outta the gates.. not a huge fan of TGBFBITS, but the jam out of it into WUIAC was great.. the end of the jam and the intro of WUIAC was very different.. VERY floydian.. good stuff. IG - like it. think \'Madness\' makes more sense though. :) kick ass DMB with a nice middle jam. Za - needs to be instrumental.. Tom Sawyer - don\'t like it, but i really gotta give it up to ron on this one. great vocal work. Buq > Ruf was tres ser, and the Inca tease was nice, but i still say Rufus will never be complete until there is a \'Material Girl\' tease at the end. chew on that. fire was a fun closer with messed up verses and ron & jordan barking at each other.. good stuff.

nice place. not tobacco road, but still good. hope to see pb there again. nice to finally meet galenas! huge thanks to matt for driving, or i wouldn\'t have been there..

only other thing i can offer, is don\'t go commando if you\'re gonna be walking around NYC in the winter... it\'s just not a good idea. and if you happen to nap in the car on the way home, and wake up with morning wood, well, see, just nothing good could come out of this situation.. or so i\'ve heard.   ;)

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2004, 11:59:08 am »
and if you happen to nap in the car on the way home, and wake up with morning wood, well, see, just nothing good could come out of this situation.. or so i\'ve heard.   ;)

:holyshit: WTF? Matt was driving, so that leaves Chis, Dave and Daves friend (mike?). Wow. Thats just wrong.
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2004, 12:11:53 pm »
commando was really tough last night!!ser show though.no complaints.serest of the most ser buquebus.see yaal soon enough
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

Mark

• Ser PB Fan
    • http://
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2004, 12:21:28 pm »
[ IG - like it. think \'Madness\' makes more sense though. :)   ;) [/B]

My 2 cents: I love this song and the title!
"Anyone who knows a god damn thing about this band and has been there as long as some of us have, know god damn well that this show was something special." Ren re: Toads 8/23/07

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2004, 12:40:49 pm »
i also realy really love this song too.i love it when tim,ron and jordan harmonize together.i think this tune will be around for  along time

galenas

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2004, 05:12:15 pm »
thanks to all you ct ppl for making it down to nyc last night! always good to see you guys and awsome to finally meet ya too dave! had a great time at the show, although i wish more ppl could have come so that pb could have played longer. definitely ser buquebus. i love that jam - it\'s got the best space-driven sound to it. definitely liked the new songs as well, it was my first time hearing both of em. i also am not a huge fan of gbfbis, however i love the jam that they play off of it. i think that they should cut out a lot of the lyrics and skip straight to the jam. tom s. was cool - ron\'s vocals were definitely on point. the verson of spunk was sweet - nice to hear it played a little differently to mix it up a bit.

as always, the kids i introduced to pb last night were blown away and will join the team of dedicated fans. slowly but surely pb will break into nyc - it\'s just a really tough thing to do b/c there\'s so much competition. in time tho, it\'ll be all good! we definitely need more grass roots down here tho. i did my best to flyer and promote the show, but i\'m only one person. i promote pb b/c i love them and think they\'re the best band out there today, but i think it would be benefitial if there were some perks for ppl who flyer. no matter how small, i think it would be easier to get kids to help out if they knew their efforts weren\'t for nothing. it\'s tough for me to ask my friends to help out just for the hell of it. i mean, most of us are busy enough w/ school and jobs.  it\'s just a thought. i want pb to make it so badly, we gotta try to help them as much as possible.

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2004, 06:46:27 pm »
hey,good seein you last night.well wolfy is in the city now so well have our living breathing promotion machine workin in no time!

obsession600

• The Duke Of NY A#1
    • http://
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2004, 07:43:26 pm »
A note should be added to the setlist concerning the fact that Jordan had trouble with the B3 throughout the set. At the beginning he was not hot in the mix and wasn\'t brought up until about a minute in. After that from time to time portions of the B3 signal cut out.

I really felt this show came together with Buquebus. T. Sawyer was dead on. Not a fan of the song when Rush does it but I love to hear it done by TB.

I was disappointed in the turn out. It seemed to be about the same as what they got at Mercury but I had been hoping for a few more people.

Last note. Anybody notice that the merch table was severely lacking in selection. Just a single shirt and Deuce. I take it as a sign that the name transition has moved into the merchandising phase. Hot new stuff coming soon?
"I taught them everything they know, but not everything I know."
"The one thing that can solve most of our problems is dancing."
-James Brown

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2004, 08:38:58 pm »
new stuff comin for sure real soon.i also noticed that jordans rig was only fucking up at a coupla important changes.either way,great night was had by all im sure.6$guinness is tough as nails.

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2004, 10:53:03 am »
Originally posted by obsession600
A note should be added to the setlist concerning the fact that Jordan had trouble with the B3 throughout the set. At the beginning he was not hot in the mix and wasn\'t brought up until about a minute in. After that from time to time portions of the B3 signal cut out.

true, but not really something to note on a setlist.. but something to note on a recording, yes.