Author Topic: Phenway Pregaming...  (Read 1948 times)

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
Phenway Pregaming...
« on: May 19, 2009, 09:33:06 am »
Obviously there are a ton of places around Fenway to hit prior to the show/game... Just wondering where people might be to keep an eye out.  Always good to share good times with friends.
Where to next?

mvallo

Phenway Pregaming...
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2009, 10:20:10 am »
Quote from: simpletwistupdon;230987
Obviously there are a ton of places around Fenway to hit prior to the show/game... Just wondering where people might be to keep an eye out.  Always good to share good times with friends.

Good idea, my cousin is flying in for this show and I wanted to show him some Boston charm for a quick bite of food and drink.  I have done the Boston beerworks for baseball games. what else is out there?

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
Phenway Pregaming...
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2009, 10:39:33 am »
Quote from: mvallo;230994
Quote from: simpletwistupdon;230987

Good idea, my cousin is flying in for this show and I wanted to show him some Boston charm for a quick bite of food and drink.  I have done the Boston beerworks for baseball games. what else is out there?

There\'s the Cask n Flagon, Copperfields, Bill\'s Bar and I think they just opened up a new House of Blues, plus there\'s Game On, Beer Works... etc... I know there\'s a few more but thats what I remeber off hand.
Where to next?

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
Phenway Pregaming...
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2009, 10:44:48 am »
I think all those places right near the park are going to be absolutely mobbed...Im probably going to eat in the north end for lunch, its some of the most authentic best italian food youll find anywhere.
DS Newbers

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
Phenway Pregaming...
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2009, 10:50:25 am »
Holy crap ANOTHER Phenway thread?  .info=PT.  JK.

Your options for food and drink within eyesight of Fenway Park are:

-Boston Beer Works (chill brewpub...will be mobbed)
-Game On! (classy sports bar)
-Cask N Flagon (sports bar)
-Baseball Tavern (dive)
-Who\'s on First (dive)
-Jillian\'s (classy sports bar)

Your chances of actually getting a table after 1PM in less than an hour are pretty slim at any of these places except Jillian\'s which is enormous.  After 3PM, just physically getting in and getting to the bar will be possible but tough at any location, again except Jillian\'s which can hold thousands of people.  

Within a 5-minute walk of the park, your options are

-Cornwall\'s (Kenmore Square, English pub)
-Eastern Standard (Kenmore Square...a rather classy joint for pre-Phish but you know it will still be packed with heads)
-An Tua Nua (Beacon Street, Irish)
-Audobon Circle (Beacon Street, bistro)

all serve decent food and they won\'t be crowded as fast.

Just wanted to remind everyone that you have a friend in Boston, you never know when this might come in handy, especially on a truly epic night such as this.  If you need anything Boston-related from restaurant and bar recommendations to transportation and parking recommendations to sleeping arrangements or anything else, PM or call me @ 917 757 3680.  See ya!

Quote from: simpletwistupdon;231001

There\'s the Cask n Flagon, Copperfields, Bill\'s Bar and I think they just opened up a new House of Blues, plus there\'s Game On, Beer Works... etc... I know there\'s a few more but thats what I remeber off hand.

Bill\'s Bar is out of business.  Copperfields only opens when they feel like it and cannot be counted on.  HOB will not be open for pregame.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 03:32:07 pm by Wolfman »

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
Phenway Pregaming...
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2009, 11:38:21 am »
shouldn\'t this be in the phish \'09 thread ? !
*Gia*

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
Phenway Pregaming...
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2009, 01:11:32 pm »
Quote from: bezerker;231015
shouldn\'t this be in the phish \'09 thread ? !

I guess it could be... but because it had a specific purpose to it, I figured I\'d start one specifically to talk about this topic.  It\'s more about the pregaming than Phish...
Where to next?

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
Phenway Pregaming...
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2009, 01:28:57 pm »
I sort of expect to wander around a lot before the show. Meet old friends from tour, enjoy the scene, etc.

Alcohol\'s kind of a bummer when it comes to music so I doubt I\'ll be elbowing my way around to try to order a drink.
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

Buquebus

• SER breakfast geek
    • http://
Phenway Pregaming...
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2009, 03:20:04 pm »
def. not touching any b00ze til bfast... no need to be black3d 0ut for some s3r bizzz
Not sure what is gonna transpire. Regardless, we ain\'t gonna forget the gravy.

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
Phenway Pregaming...
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2009, 03:28:43 pm »
def gonna do some double fisting at harper\'s.  not sure about pregame, def don\'t plan on going anywhere bordering fenway.  those places will be a zoo.

derickw

• Drunken Garbage Can
Phenway Pregaming...
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2009, 03:59:37 pm »
pack a flask and take in the scenery
never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you

-. --- .-- / - .... .- - ... / -.. .. -.-. -.-

inthewhitelodge

Phenway Pregaming...
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2009, 03:04:24 pm »
Quote from: derickw;231060

Anyone know the MA law against open containers? What about public consumption of NY purchased beer?
"When I hold you, I hold everything that is-- swans, volcanoes, river rocks, maple trees drinking the fragrance of the moon, bread that the fire adores. In your life I see everything that lives."- Pablo Neruda:wave:

derickw

• Drunken Garbage Can
Phenway Pregaming...
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2009, 03:12:13 pm »
no blatantly visible open containers. just put it in something other than the obvious
never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you

-. --- .-- / - .... .- - ... / -.. .. -.-. -.-

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
Phenway Pregaming...
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2009, 09:04:36 pm »
Quote from: inthewhitelodge;231143

Anyone know the MA law against open containers? What about public consumption of NY purchased beer?

Of course it\'s illegal but you probably won\'t get in trouble.  However, Boston is kind of "mature" compared to most upstate NY cities, and by that I mean it\'s just generally frowned upon by society to, say, walk around drinking from a brown bag etc.  You NEVER see it happen, whereas behavior like this would seem much more normal in, say, Plattsburgh or Binghamton or Rochester.  This is a byproduct of Boston\'s relative plethora of educated people and wealth compared to those places.  I don\'t care what you do and it\'s unlikely you\'ll get caught, but given the context of the area you\'ll be in, I recommend drinking in an establishment where doing so is endorsed, like a normal member of the local society.  Then again, it\'s Phish, screw it, anything goes!
« Last Edit: May 20, 2009, 09:10:25 pm by Wolfman »

inthewhitelodge

Phenway Pregaming...
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2009, 09:38:47 pm »
Quote from: Wolfman;231174
Quote from: inthewhitelodge;231143

Of course it\'s illegal but you probably won\'t get in trouble.  However, Boston is kind of "mature" compared to most upstate NY cities, and by that I mean it\'s just generally frowned upon by society to, say, walk around drinking from a brown bag etc.  You NEVER see it happen, whereas behavior like this would seem much more normal in, say, Plattsburgh or Binghamton or Rochester.  This is a byproduct of Boston\'s relative plethora of educated people and wealth compared to those places.  I don\'t care what you do and it\'s unlikely you\'ll get caught, but given the context of the area you\'ll be in, I recommend drinking in an establishment where doing so is endorsed, like a normal member of the local society.  Then again, it\'s Phish, screw it, anything goes!

I\'m not one to pack flasks, but I figured I would bring it up because it was mentioned. It\'s a very good thing that Boston is this way, for satire reasons of course! ;o)
"When I hold you, I hold everything that is-- swans, volcanoes, river rocks, maple trees drinking the fragrance of the moon, bread that the fire adores. In your life I see everything that lives."- Pablo Neruda:wave: