Author Topic: Setlist: 2009-05-16 - Toad\'s Place; New Haven, CT  (Read 9325 times)

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
Setlist: 2009-05-16 - Toad\'s Place; New Haven, CT
« Reply #45 on: May 20, 2009, 12:54:36 pm »
Last time I was @ Toads there were some real nannies going on in the guy\'s bathroom. I took a piss and got the fuck outta there asap as soon as it dwelled on me what was going on. \'nuff said.
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
« Reply #46 on: May 20, 2009, 01:28:45 pm »
I\'m sittin at work listenin to the show doin some paperwork... but did anyone else notice the what sounded like Jordan teasing Jessica right before they went into VT Song?  I thought I heard it that night but attributed to my mind hearing something it wanted to, but on second listen I think I was actually right.
Where to next?

Mark

• Ser PB Fan
    • http://
« Reply #47 on: May 20, 2009, 04:06:03 pm »
The 2 woman sucking face and grinding on the monitor front and center was interesting.
"Anyone who knows a god damn thing about this band and has been there as long as some of us have, know god damn well that this show was something special." Ren re: Toads 8/23/07

SkyePrizm

• separator
« Reply #48 on: May 20, 2009, 08:55:53 pm »
Quote from: lilblondie;231116
Tracey I am as old as you are :)

no candy necklaces or ufo pants...that would have been a real flashback...but they were kinda cute..in the bathroom smoking cigs...talking about going to college in colorado in the fall and how much fun prom will be...haha....and of course how totally sick the breakfast was and how they couldnt wait to tell everyone in school on monday :)

Shaune, you have good jeans...i swear i pegged you for younger than me like mid 20s... (23-26) looking good, sister...:)

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #49 on: May 20, 2009, 09:12:24 pm »
Quote from: SkyePrizm;231172

no candy necklaces or ufo pants...that would have been a real flashback...but they were kinda cute..in the bathroom smoking cigs...talking about going to college in colorado in the fall and how much fun prom will be...haha....and of course how totally sick the breakfast was and how they couldnt wait to tell everyone in school on monday :)

Shaune, you have good jeans...i swear i pegged you for younger than me like mid 20s... (23-26) looking good, sister...:)

Damn those are good jeans. I have never heard of jeans that make you look younger, slimmer yes but younger no.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #50 on: May 20, 2009, 09:16:37 pm »
Quote from: leith;231177

Damn those are good jeans. I have never heard of jeans that make you look younger, slimmer yes but younger no.

Owned!!!
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

galenas

• Global Moderator
« Reply #51 on: May 20, 2009, 10:14:10 pm »

but they were kinda cute..in the bathroom smoking cigs...talking about going to college in colorado in the fall and how much fun prom will be...haha....and of course how totally sick the breakfast was and how they couldnt wait to tell everyone in school on monday :)

that\'s awesome! breakfast needs some fresh blood. and slutty chics. sounds like there were a few of those there, so all good. lol.

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
« Reply #52 on: May 21, 2009, 12:01:11 am »
Quote from: galenas;231190

but they were kinda cute..in the bathroom smoking cigs...talking about going to college in colorado in the fall and how much fun prom will be...haha....and of course how totally sick the breakfast was and how they couldnt wait to tell everyone in school on monday :)

that\'s awesome! breakfast needs some fresh blood. and slutty chics. sounds like there were a few of those there, so all good. lol.

leave it to diana (or todd) for a comment like that
DS Newbers

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #53 on: May 21, 2009, 08:21:55 am »
and where were you diana??????????
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

lilblondie

• the FU queen
« Reply #54 on: May 21, 2009, 08:46:50 am »

thanks homegirl! ;)
maybe the sun will shine today...
the clouds will roll away..
maybe i wont be so afraid..
i will understand that everything has its plan...
either way...

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
« Reply #55 on: May 21, 2009, 09:16:14 am »
Quote from: lilblondie;231206

thanks homegirl! ;)

get a room
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor

jking

• thanks!!
    • http://
« Reply #56 on: May 21, 2009, 10:56:32 am »
with a webcam!!

lilblondie

• the FU queen
« Reply #57 on: May 21, 2009, 12:05:53 pm »
keep dreaming jerks!
maybe the sun will shine today...
the clouds will roll away..
maybe i wont be so afraid..
i will understand that everything has its plan...
either way...

inthewhitelodge

« Reply #58 on: May 21, 2009, 01:02:16 pm »
So far...The Tunage> Bouree> Tunage section is is hot! The intro to The Sound is minimized but fitting, then the initial jam out flows well...

About 8 minutes and change into The Sound, there is a great looped effect of the guitar run. Delightful floaty key notes and  swishy drumming!
« Last Edit: May 21, 2009, 01:02:16 pm by inthewhitelodge »
"When I hold you, I hold everything that is-- swans, volcanoes, river rocks, maple trees drinking the fragrance of the moon, bread that the fire adores. In your life I see everything that lives."- Pablo Neruda:wave:

inthewhitelodge

« Reply #59 on: May 24, 2009, 11:07:02 pm »
Quote from: Gfunk;230785
Quote from: inthewhitelodge;230782
Quote from: Vassillios;230780
who did the run? which night was better?

Friday was stellar, but the Saturday show may have been better sound quality? Just guessing because I wasn\'t there.

i doubt it. toads is not the best sounding room in my opinion.

Now that I hear it more, I can agree, but at least it was taped!

I\'m enjoying TLATG>OE
"When I hold you, I hold everything that is-- swans, volcanoes, river rocks, maple trees drinking the fragrance of the moon, bread that the fire adores. In your life I see everything that lives."- Pablo Neruda:wave: