Author Topic: Setlist: 2009-05-16 - Toad\'s Place; New Haven, CT  (Read 9326 times)

Ren

• what?
Setlist: 2009-05-16 - Toad\'s Place; New Haven, CT
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2009, 02:10:09 am »
Michael Buerk on watching Phillipa Forrester cuddle up to a male astronomer for warmth during BBC\'s UK eclipse coverage remarked:

"They seem cold out there, they\'re rubbing each other and he\'s only come in his shorts."
"...someone\'s toying with us, Mr. Bravo, and no one makes a Sit N\' Spin out of Adam West..."

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2009, 09:09:14 am »
Quote from: NickNels;230873
Interwebs > Google > Gardening

try to keep it on the d/l...don\'t want it to blow up

I\'m guessing any kind of gardening Skye would be engaged in wouldn\'t really have to be kept on the down-low.

When some people say they are growing tomatoes, they really are ;)
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2009, 02:15:38 pm »
Pretty sure I haven\'t heard Bourée since 5-5-2001 @ Quadfest.

Any other notes from the show?  Not much said thus far for a hometown appearance.
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2009, 02:29:09 pm »
Quote from: alexanderzurflu;231039

Any other notes from the show?  Not much said thus far for a hometown appearance.

http://www.archive.org/details/break...-16.M-S.Matrix

Give it a listen, jot down some notes and get back to us.
TIA
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2009, 02:39:52 pm »
Quote from: leith;231040

TIA

I was looking for more specifics that I wouldn\'t necessarily be able to gather - attendance, crowd nannies, openers, "who spilled an entire beer on.....", "wanted to nail a high schooler on the all ages side", "how awesome the pizza was beforehand", "Best Red Square show ever" - the usual items that are posted about and cannot be experienced on LMA.  

If I don\'t have time to listen to an entire 2-3-hour show, it\'s nice to get pointed in the direction of the highlights if I feel like skipping ahead.

leith

« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2009, 03:02:00 pm »
Quote from: alexanderzurflu;231043
Quote from: leith;231040

TIA

I was looking for more specifics that I wouldn\'t necessarily be able to gather - attendance, crowd nannies, openers, "who spilled an entire beer on.....", "wanted to nail a high schooler on the all ages side", "how awesome the pizza was beforehand", "Best Red Square show ever" - the usual items that are posted about and cannot be experienced on LMA.  

If I don\'t have time to listen to an entire 2-3-hour show, it\'s nice to get pointed in the direction of the highlights if I feel like skipping ahead.

Come on it was a Toad\'s show and from the roll call you couldn\'t gather that Zuke spilled that beer all over Ren,
Drew was checking out the under 21 side and it\'s fucking New Haven of course the Pie was awesome?

As for skipping ahead you suck as a Breakfast fan. Every note this band plays is precious and special. How you could even consider skipping any of it is fucking ridiculous.
You been living in CA. waaaay too fucking long man. Next thing you know you\'ll be posting how cool it was seeing TLG at some freakin\' hippie fest in the mountains or something.
:sigh:

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2009, 03:09:56 pm »
Quote from: leith;231049
how cool it was seeing TLG at some freakin\' hippie fest in the mountains or something.
:sigh:

Tortugas or bust

Actually, all the Garden talk in this thread already pointed in the TLG direction.

leith

« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2009, 03:14:48 pm »
Totally :)

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2009, 04:56:55 pm »

I\'ve only listened to set 1 so far, but here are the highlights for me:

Bouree - nice homage to the past and a clean version
Vermont Song - it\'s nice to hear Jordan back on the vocals for this tune
Honey Butter - Jordan has a really sick synth jam
Rush - The jam actually reminds me a little of the intro to "Break the Ice" from the movie Rad
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

SkyePrizm

• separator
« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2009, 05:26:01 pm »
Quote from: bdfreetuna;230981
Quote from: NickNels;230873
Interwebs > Google > Gardening

try to keep it on the d/l...don\'t want it to blow up

I\'m guessing any kind of gardening Skye would be engaged in wouldn\'t really have to be kept on the down-low.

When some people say they are growing tomatoes, they really are ;)

You know....i probably could plant something else, and no one would ever notice or suspect me.........

Quote from: frolfer;230951
Quote from: SkyePrizm;230870

Someone needs to start a gardening thread.....cause i am so clueless.  I just started working in my yard after being here three years, i planted two rose bushes last year, so far they are living....but i really dont know what plants are good to plant...

There are many factors to consider when choosing plants. If you aren\'t careful, a plant that seems great at first totally takes over everything in a year or two.

There seems to be some buzz over native plants. That could be something to look into. There may be a cooperative extension or a nursery/garden center that could offer some suggestions.

You should look at how much light each area gets per day, and what the soil conditions are like. Some things will thrive in poor soils while others need a well prepared bed to grow well.

I could ramble on and on and am off topic, so to bring it all back around, this show looks ser on paper and I really wish I could\'ve made it. I look forward to hearing your recording Matt.

^^ i like it when someone actually tries to give me a serious answer. thank you.  i will definitely ask the local nursery.  :)
« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 05:26:01 pm by SkyePrizm »

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2009, 06:16:09 pm »

attendance continues to disappoint at toad\'s. i hate that venue. i heard 190 paid

there was some hot...no wait warm...no...tepid lesbian action going on directly in front of tim. so i heard. i refused to look.

i heard the openers sucked.

didn\'t see much spillage. except for the pint of jack that i was spilling into the large cup of coke that i bought.

there were several high school girls that looked like they had taken some ecstasy before the show. at least thats what the glow sticks and pacifiers (yes, pacifiers) suggested. i thought about it for about 2 seconds

went to original pepe\'s before hand. it was very good. half pepp half chee and three of us couldn\'t finish it until the drunken ride home
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor

lilblondie

• the FU queen
« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2009, 07:42:25 pm »
^^i saw those high school girls in the bathroom and they were hilarious....just hilarious....oh to be young again....
maybe the sun will shine today...
the clouds will roll away..
maybe i wont be so afraid..
i will understand that everything has its plan...
either way...

spance

• ride
    • http://
« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2009, 09:01:20 pm »
^^^ 29 is not old...even in sports years:)

Timmy throwing his stool at the end of the night and jumping up and down (probably re-injuring his ankle) like a crazy person was classic...I had forgotten about that untill I listened to the Taboot.
I\'m gonna break the speed of sound with my silver bullet!!

SkyePrizm

• separator
« Reply #43 on: May 19, 2009, 09:08:01 pm »
Quote from: lilblondie;231081
^^i saw those high school girls in the bathroom and they were hilarious....just hilarious....oh to be young again....

Ahem, Shaune. If you are old at 20, I\'m ancient at 30.

in any case, if i saw girls with pacifers rolling on e, i thinking i would have felt old also. especially if they were wearing UFO pants and candy necklaces........

lilblondie

• the FU queen
« Reply #44 on: May 20, 2009, 11:43:01 am »
Tracey I am as old as you are :)

no candy necklaces or ufo pants...that would have been a real flashback...but they were kinda cute..in the bathroom smoking cigs...talking about going to college in colorado in the fall and how much fun prom will be...haha....and of course how totally sick the breakfast was and how they couldnt wait to tell everyone in school on monday :)
maybe the sun will shine today...
the clouds will roll away..
maybe i wont be so afraid..
i will understand that everything has its plan...
either way...