Author Topic: Adrian Responds to Questions Regarding the Future of The Breakfast  (Read 45634 times)

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
Adrian Responds to Questions Regarding the Future of The Breakfast
« Reply #45 on: May 16, 2009, 05:12:50 pm »
I think another kool-aid is in order, whaddya say Papa? :beerban:
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

wiredchicken

• teamCosmicSpacewayRhyme
« Reply #46 on: May 16, 2009, 06:21:37 pm »
i wonder how big the guest list is to Toads.  i bet its like 15deep or so....

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #47 on: May 16, 2009, 06:34:03 pm »
Quote from: Gfunk;230697
Quote from: leith;230688
Quote from: bdfreetuna;230686
Quote from: leith;230681

This idea is so fucking ridiculous. At least that is what I was told by a whole lot of people years ago.

http://www.thebreakfast.info/forum/showthread.php?t=5157&highlight=touring+fund

Yeah but that was a fund so they could go play out where you live. :lol:

Slightly different concept :shrug:

Whatever. Enjoy the slow death of a great band.

Sorry you\'re bitter that you don\'t get to see The Breakfast out there on the west cost but this post is uncalled for. The negativity is not helping anything. Your whole "I told you so," attitude as of late really sucks. Yeah I\'m sure if we all just listened to you over all these years The band would be at least as big as TLG right :rolleyes:? Since you are so wise and prolific, why don\'t you just enlighten us all and tell us what needs to happen now to save the band instead of posting shit like "enjoy the slow death of a great band." It\'s obviously all us kool-aid drinking northeasterners faults that the band is in this position, right. We should never have tried to support the band and what ever decisions they felt were the right ones to make. we all shouldve listened to leith :banghead:

Yeah well that thread was not even abt just the West Coast. You see as most of you fucking think I do not just desire things to go well so they tour out here. I want things to go well so they can just tour. Even if that means up and down the east coast and only the east coast.
If my suggestion was welcomed back then and followed through with maybe they would have gotten more exposure because they were touring.

Maybe due to the efforts of the fans the band would have been able to concentrate on touring and since they would have been around maybe someone would have seen the potential to manage them and .....
You see? THAT is what that thread was about.

That is all this band can really do to get visibility. TOUR

As it seems this fund raising idea is welcome now because it\'s a do or die feeling which it should have been years ago. But noooo all of you wanted to just let the band do what they want.

These guys have proven over and over that they should just be playing music and someone else should be running their business affairs.
No one seems to understand this and so the prevailing feeling is well just support them whatever they want to do as you posted.
Well you did and the decisions you all supported led them here.

As far as what needs to happen now?
Prayer is your best answer.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

Gfunk

• Papa^
    • http://www.myspace.com/weaksauce603
« Reply #48 on: May 16, 2009, 06:46:41 pm »
Quote from: bdfreetuna;230709

Quote from: leith;230721
This idea is so fucking ridiculous. At least that is what I was told by a whole lot of people years ago.

Sorry you\'re bitter that you don\'t get to see The Breakfast out there on the west cost but this post is uncalled for. The negativity is not helping anything. Your whole "I told you so," attitude as of late really sucks. Yeah I\'m sure if we all just listened to you over all these years The band would be at least as big as TLG right :rolleyes:? Since you are so wise and prolific, why don\'t you just enlighten us all and tell us what needs to happen now to save the band instead of posting shit like "enjoy the slow death of a great band." It\'s obviously all us kool-aid drinking northeasterners faults that the band is in this position, right. We should never have tried to support the band and what ever decisions they felt were the right ones to make. we all shouldve listened to leith :banghead:

Yeah well that thread was not even abt just the West Coast. You see as most of you fucking think I do not just desire things to go well so they tour out here. I want things to go well so they can just tour. Even if that means up and down the east coast and only the east coast.
If my suggestion was welcomed back then and followed through with maybe they would have gotten more exposure because they were touring.

Maybe due to the efforts of the fans the band would have been able to concentrate on touring and since they would have been around maybe someone would have seen the potential to manage them and .....

As it seems this fund raising idea is welcome now because it\'s a do or die feeling which it should have been years ago. But noooo all of you wanted to just let the band do what they want.

These guys have proven over and over that they should just be playing music and someone else should be running their business affairs.
No one seems to understand this and so the prevailing feeling is well just support them whatever they want to do as you posted.

Leith I don\'t disagree with the premise of that thread. In fact you often say smart things and you have turned out to be right in the past many times. I guess the "enjoy watching a great band die a slow death" comment just cut deep. I for one am not ready to give up on this band. It seems like more and more folks around here already have. p.s. i think we all have reached that consensus (including the band themselves) that someone else should be doing the business side of things. the problem is (and has been for a long time) finding those people and getting them interested in the band. It just seems like there are no competant managers/booking agents/promoters out there who want to be involved in The Breakfast and the band can\'t afford to pay anyone to do that shit at this point anyways. On a happier note, I heard some of the rough draft of Adrian\'s solo album last night and let me tell you, this shit is going to fucking pwn everyone who hears it.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2009, 06:53:56 pm by Gfunk »
Facial Hair Would Be So Nice

obsession600

• The Duke Of NY A#1
    • http://
« Reply #49 on: May 16, 2009, 07:02:42 pm »

Yeah, I mean it is only their band. Maybe we should have them declared incompetent in business affairs and take over the management through legal means.  

Granted the intent is to slam the fans but this is the closest I have ever seen Leith come to laying the blame for the band\'s limited success on the band itself. Has Hell frozen over?
"I taught them everything they know, but not everything I know."
"The one thing that can solve most of our problems is dancing."
-James Brown

leith

« Reply #50 on: May 16, 2009, 07:49:22 pm »
Quote from: Gfunk;230722
Quote from: bdfreetuna;230709

Leith I don\'t disagree with the premise of that thread. In fact you often say smart things and you have turned out to be right in the past many times. I guess the "enjoy watching a great band die a slow death" comment just cut deep. I for one am not ready to give up on this band. It seems like more and more folks around here already have. p.s. i think we all have reached that consensus (including the band themselves) that someone else should be doing the business side of things. the problem is (and has been for a long time) finding those people and getting them interested in the band. It just seems like there are no competant managers/booking agents/promoters out there who want to be involved in The Breakfast and the band can\'t afford to pay anyone to do that shit at this point anyways. On a happier note, I heard some of the rough draft of Adrian\'s solo album last night and let me tell you, this shit is going to fucking pwn everyone who hears it.

Yeah that was a shitty comment posted in despair and anger. Of course I hope it\'s not the end.

Quote from: obsession600;230723

Yeah, I mean it is only their band. Maybe we should have them declared incompetent in business affairs and take over the management through legal means.

How? :wink:  

Quote from: obsession600;230723

Granted the intent is to slam the fans but this is the closest I have ever seen Leith come to laying the blame for the band\'s limited success on the band itself. Has Hell frozen over?

I\'ve never posted all of my true feelings on how they handled moe.down and certain things they could have taken advantage of directly after the Jammy but that\'s def. old news and has no real bearing on now.

So Hell is still doing just fine I\'m sure. :lol:

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
« Reply #51 on: May 16, 2009, 07:53:35 pm »
ya leith that post did hurt.  think before you post brah !!  (callin kettle black here i spose)
*Gia*

boombox

• SER Euro Fan
    • http://
« Reply #52 on: May 16, 2009, 08:27:36 pm »

Shit! Haven\'t checked in for a few days and I see this news. Can\'t say I didn\'t see it coming, but even so, seeing Adrian have to lay that on us, has ruined my weekend, week, month and possibly year. Gotta hope something turns up soon.

My vote for a fundraiser goes to the "fans fund the next album up front" method, like the Strawbs have just done with their new album out in July. Everyone pays $30 up front in return for a credit on the new album when it comes out. If only 100 fans did it (or the less brassic could do two donations), that would clear $3000. In addition, somebody with the right connections could get a decent campaign going on jambands etc and you might find bigger investors or the raised profile might land the band a big support slot. Cheap and tacky tactic I know, but why not - if it works...

In the meantime, you guys make the most of the best band around as long as it lasts.
Originally posted by leith
Our overseas grassroots coordinator boombox!!! The Breakfast is spreading worldwide :)

stublatt

« Reply #53 on: May 17, 2009, 12:59:18 am »
Quote from: boombox;230736
Shit! Haven\'t checked in for a few days and I see this news. Can\'t say I didn\'t see it coming, but even so, seeing Adrian have to lay that on us, has ruined my weekend, week, month and possibly year. Gotta hope something turns up soon.

My vote for a fundraiser goes to the "fans fund the next album up front" method, like the Strawbs have just done with their new album out in July. Everyone pays $30 up front in return for a credit on the new album when it comes out. If only 100 fans did it (or the less brassic could do two donations), that would clear $3000. In addition, somebody with the right connections could get a decent campaign going on jambands etc and you might find bigger investors or the raised profile might land the band a big support slot. Cheap and tacky tactic I know, but why not - if it works...

In the meantime, you guys make the most of the best band around as long as it lasts.

100 @ $30  = win/win!!  Access to a new album and/or some killer live video on DVD - past and fairly current.

Gfunk

• Papa^
    • http://www.myspace.com/weaksauce603
« Reply #54 on: May 17, 2009, 11:46:00 am »
I would def throw down at least 30 beans.
Sidenote: people need to hear Adj\'s solo work stat. (although I know it\'s not ready to be released) shit it epic
Facial Hair Would Be So Nice

Vassillios

• straight from the gutter
« Reply #55 on: May 17, 2009, 12:47:24 pm »
leith. debbie downer man.
i think it\'s turning back on me / i\'m down on the upside

leith

« Reply #56 on: May 17, 2009, 02:29:17 pm »
Quote from: Vassillios;230781
leith. Realist

fixed

kartoon42

• overexposed
« Reply #57 on: May 22, 2009, 10:38:15 pm »
in all honesty, i think the name change at the "peak" of their popularity hurt. i get why they did it, just bad timing. but ill continue to support these dudes in whatever they want to do, even if that is breaking up the band and persueing other interests. these guys have provided me with some of the best musical moments of my life. i was trying to tell a friend the other day why the breakfast is so great. the jams are so tight and just build and build until i reach musical euphoria and lose my mind. i catch myself looking around and looking to everyone like "is this really happening right now".

just got really nostalgic there....bottom line i wont ever stop rooting for the breakfast
break it down, simplify

inthewhitelodge

« Reply #58 on: May 22, 2009, 10:42:30 pm »
Quote from: kartoon42;231393
in all honesty, i think the name change at the "peak" of their popularity hurt. i get why they did it, just bad timing. but ill continue to support these dudes in whatever they want to do, even if that is breaking up the band and persueing other interests. these guys have provided me with some of the best musical moments of my life. i was trying to tell a friend the other day why the breakfast is so great. the jams are so tight and just build and build until i reach musical euphoria and lose my mind. i catch myself looking around and looking to everyone like "is this really happening right now".

just got really nostalgic there....bottom line i wont ever stop rooting for the breakfast

I especially agree with "is this happening right now?"
"When I hold you, I hold everything that is-- swans, volcanoes, river rocks, maple trees drinking the fragrance of the moon, bread that the fire adores. In your life I see everything that lives."- Pablo Neruda:wave:

Bret

• Sin-ser Breakfasthead
« Reply #59 on: May 24, 2009, 01:32:01 am »
Quote from: wiredchicken;230719
i wonder how big the guest list is to Toads.  i bet its like 15deep or so....

Doesn\'t everyone understand they can\'t and should not be doing a guest list as things stand now!!!  If your on the guest list how about requesting to get off the guest list and pay up (or better yet - stay on the guest list and give the ticket price directly to the band)!  We all know they are good fellas and would put most of us fans on the guest list every show if they could... BUT NOW\'S NOT THE TIME!!  Hopefully in the future things will change but for now pay the ticket price to help out the band... EVERYONE PLEASE!
Lois: What the hell?  Marilyn Manson?  Is that who\'s causing all this?  Peter: Yeah, it\'s all him or hers fault.  Who does he or she think he or she is?  Look, you can totally see his or her nipples.  That\'s obscene... maybe.  Lois: There\'s only one thing to do.  Peter: You\'re right.  We got to find this Marilyn Manson and I\'ve got to give that bastard or bitch a piece of my mind or penis.