Author Topic: Old Yankee Stadium Memorabilia Prices Set  (Read 3412 times)

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
Old Yankee Stadium Memorabilia Prices Set
« on: May 13, 2009, 02:03:52 pm »
http://www.cnbc.com/id/30700106?__source=RSS*blog*&par=RSS

Published: Tuesday, 12 May 2009 | 11:00 AM ET Text Size By: Darren Rovell
Sports Business Reporter

We just got all the prices for the old Yankee Stadium memorabilia sale, which is starting today and is being conducted by the Yankees and Steiner Sports.

SEATS

Source: steinersports.com
Yankee Seat
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 bleacher seat (bench): $399

Your specific bleacher seat: $449

1 seat (chair): $749

Pair of seats: $1,499

Your specific pair of seats: $1,999

OTHER STUFF

Freeze-dried grass: $80

2008 Final Season Crystal w/dirt: $80

Sod package (1\' x 1\'): $120

Sod package (2\' x 2\'): $280

Monument Park bricks: $149

There will also be an online auction of items through something called the "Yankee Stadium Legends" auction. About 1,500 pieces will be part of the auction, including the bat rack from the Yankees dugout and various signs. We\'re told, at this point, the sale will not include the always popular urinals. The auction will conclude July 24.
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

Drew_Kingsley

• Your busted
    • http://www.goleopards.com
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2009, 02:11:10 pm »
I don\'t understand the thrill that people get from owning this stuff. Can someone explain it to me?

Are you a bigger fan than me because you can afford to spent $150 on a brick? Are you a part of history because you own dirt that was once in the same place as dirt that Lou Gehrig spit on?

I contend that you are not.
Go see your Breakfast, there are starving Leiths in California

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2009, 02:17:40 pm »
Quote from: Drew_Kingsley;230287
I don\'t understand the thrill that people get from owning this stuff. Can someone explain it to me?

Are you a bigger fan than me because you can afford to spent $150 on a brick? Are you a part of history because you own dirt that was once in the same place as dirt that Lou Gehrig spit on?

I don\'t think that it\'s about fandom, but personally, Yankee Stadium has always been a special place for me...  I have a lot of good memories there with my grandfather (who past away 3 years ago)...  My uncle owns a section of seats from the original stadium (before the renovations) and it\'s been in his apartment for as long as I can remember... I can\'t afford a seat or one of the bleacher seats, but I probably can afford a brick or some dirt if I combine birthday and christmas gifts... Do you save your concert tix?  Do you ever buy a shirt at a show?  Do you ever get a copy of a show so because it was one that you were at?  To me, it\'s the same thing...
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

tyzack

• http://
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2009, 03:09:03 pm »
Quote from: Drew_Kingsley;230287

No, but your toolage increases a bit.

Oh, wait, i have turf from Arrowhead...toolage++
Apartheid: A policy of segregation and political and economic discrimination.

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2009, 03:10:09 pm »
i was listening to WFAN this morning and i must agree with boomer\'s/carton\'s assessment that it\'s a total hosejob to charge people MORE for their personal seats. that\'s a hell of a reward for showing your loyalty over the years.
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2009, 03:13:54 pm »
Quote from: zuke583;230307
i was listening to WFAN this morning and i must agree with boomer\'s/carton\'s assessment that it\'s a total hosejob to charge people MORE for their personal seats. that\'s a hell of a reward for showing your loyalty over the years.

I can\'t take anything that Carton says seriously... He\'s a complete ass...

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2009, 03:16:00 pm »
Quote from: Yoda;230308

so you think that fans who paid for season tickets year after year should be penalized a $500 surcharge if they want the seats that they sat in?

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2009, 03:17:49 pm »
also, splitting this out since there\'s some discussion about it and it doesn\'t have anything to do with this baseball season.

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2009, 03:42:53 pm »
Quote from: davepeck;230309

so you think that fans who paid for season tickets year after year should be penalized a $500 surcharge if they want the seats that they sat in?

I didn\'t hear the whole show this morning, but it sounds like you\'re refering to the Jets and upper deck.  If that\'s the case, I was under the impression that the $500 was not a surcharge, but a deposit on their seats for the 2010 season...

If you\'re talking about the Yankees pricing structure, well then there\'s no question about whether or not I agree with him, I agree...

But for the most part, the things that come out of his mout are horse shit...  He claims that he\'s a met fan, yet divorces them half-way through the season when they hit the skids last year... He claims that he\'s a Jets fan, yet calls for all Jets fans to throw their backing behind the Giants during the playoffs last year...  His maddog imitation is funny, but he doesn\'t know when to stop and it starts to get annoying...

I really listen when Mike & Mike are on break...

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2009, 03:46:57 pm »
Quote from: Yoda;230316
Quote from: davepeck;230309

I didn\'t hear the whole show this morning, but it sounds like you\'re refering to the Jets and upper deck.  If that\'s the case, I was under the impression that the $500 was not a surcharge, but a deposit on their seats for the 2010 season...

If you\'re talking about the Yankees pricing structure, well then there\'s no question about whether or not I agree with him, I agree...

he was and we are talking about old yankee stadium memorabilia and the prices that you posted.

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2009, 03:56:36 pm »
I agree that the prices are high... Shea seats are high too, not as high, but $869 for a pair of seats and $395 for a bench... Unfortunately, these people are out to make a buck and that should be evident from the ticket prices...  The only thing that I\'d be willing to buy is a brick from monument park or the crystal with some dirt...

obsession600

• The Duke Of NY A#1
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2009, 05:00:55 pm »
I have my photos of my wife and I from the upper deck with the field laid out behind us. That\'s enough for me. But I\'m also a Mets fan:)

I do like the idea of having a set of seats but the newer seats don\'t appeal to me like the old wooden ones. The plastic is uncomfortable and they lack charm.
"I taught them everything they know, but not everything I know."
"The one thing that can solve most of our problems is dancing."
-James Brown

postom

• let\'s go pens
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2009, 10:05:43 pm »
it\'s better when they\'re free when someone you know works there. ;)

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2009, 10:52:38 pm »
While they\'re hosing their own season ticket holders for their seats, how come they don\'t hose Red Sox fans?  They totally should, I wouldn\'t blame them at all, I would think it was hilarious:

Seat where Johnny Damon\'s game 7 2004 ALCS grand slam landed: $50,000.  Some Sox fan would be all over this.

Babe Ruth plaque from Monument Park, with engraved update to acknowledge the end of the curse in 2004: $100,000.

Plastic tarp used to protect visitor\'s locker room after Game 7 2004 ALCS: $25,000.  (Might go for $50,000 if champagne stains are plainly evident.)

Locker-room-used champagne bottle from Game 7 2004 ALCS: $2,500
« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 10:56:54 pm by Wolfman »

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2009, 08:46:37 am »
Quote from: postom;230353
it\'s better when they\'re free when someone you know works there. ;)

Wanna be my friend.... Save me $150 and grab a brick...