Author Topic: Toad\'s Place; New Haven, CT  (Read 3724 times)

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
Toad\'s Place; New Haven, CT
« Reply #45 on: June 19, 2009, 12:16:45 pm »
jersey thursday?
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor

princesscaspian

• gemini tactics
« Reply #46 on: June 19, 2009, 02:02:03 pm »
Quote from: Stephengencs;234079
The venue is perfect for timmy tour.  even with a loud ass reggae band down stairs, you would never know when tim and adrian were playing........

Though Tim played a ton of old breakfast tunes as well as old timmy tour tunes, i stressed that those dont count as new.  Fresh Cut, Sundance, Jersey Thursday, to name a few.......

What adrian does with one congo would make tito puente look twice.....unreal.............

Let me just say what a pleasure it is to be at toad\'s place but not have to endure the dark, sticky depths of the downstairs! that upstairs bar is certainly perfect for timmy tour! nice little dance floor, places to sit, cute little bar thats a bit separate from the rest of the place.... its really very charming up there. I will most definitely be back for the next tim show!

I believe Attraction to Shady Ditty and Love Lake were among the list of old school breakfast tunes.... i cant believe i still remember there lyrics to attraction (i think even tpalms stumbled over the words at one point).... very heavy breakfast show, with no complaints on this end... highlight for myself was yelling "breakfast>phish>breakfast" and getting served a sick Future Peek>Harry Hood> Future Peek... glad we finally used that dance floor ;)

all in all a great night... plus an unexpected, but awesome latenight afterward.... thanks to my guests for being so great (also, someone left their ipod?)
and what CAN you do, when your world is invaded by a reggaejunkiejew?!?

galenas

• Global Moderator
« Reply #47 on: June 19, 2009, 03:32:18 pm »
Quote from: princesscaspian;234119
Quote from: Stephengencs;234079
The venue is perfect for timmy tour.  even with a loud ass reggae band down stairs, you would never know when tim and adrian were playing........

Though Tim played a ton of old breakfast tunes as well as old timmy tour tunes, i stressed that those dont count as new.  Fresh Cut, Sundance, Jersey Thursday, to name a few.......

What adrian does with one congo would make tito puente look twice.....unreal.............

Let me just say what a pleasure it is to be at toad\'s place but not have to endure the dark, sticky depths of the downstairs! that upstairs bar is certainly perfect for timmy tour! nice little dance floor, places to sit, cute little bar thats a bit separate from the rest of the place.... its really very charming up there. I will most definitely be back for the next tim show!

I believe Attraction to Shady Ditty and Love Lake were among the list of old school breakfast tunes.... i cant believe i still remember there lyrics to attraction (i think even tpalms stumbled over the words at one point).... very heavy breakfast show, with no complaints on this end... highlight for myself was yelling "breakfast>phish>breakfast" and getting served a sick Future Peek>Harry Hood> Future Peek... glad we finally used that dance floor ;)

all in all a great night... plus an unexpected, but awesome latenight afterward.... thanks to my guests for being so great (also, someone left their ipod?)

nice!!!

Dyed_Tie

• Right There That\'s It Yes
    • http://
« Reply #48 on: June 19, 2009, 08:09:46 pm »
Here\'s a set that I kept on my phone.  Not the best method, but it worked out okay.

I:  Jam > Hush, Pygmy Twylyght > Love Lake > Heather > Airbag, Jam > Sundance* > Once in a Lifetime > Sundance, Jersey Thursday > Rain** > Fresh Cut

II:  Jam > Attraction to Shade Ditty > Kamera > Mooboo\'s Voodoo (Episode II) > Sexy Sadie > Good Things > Mooboo\'s Voodoo (Episode II), Shakedown Street^, Soul Sacrifice, Future Peek >Harry Hood^^ > Future Peek, Rainy Day Women #12 & 35 > When the Levee Breaks > Rainy Day Women #12 & 35> When the Levee Breaks% > Rainy Day Women #12 & 35

* Immigrant Song (Zeppelin) and Wanton Song (Zeppelin) teases
** Are You Experienced (Hendrix) teases
^ w/ Master of Ceremonies dude on bongo (I forget his name, sorry)
^^ Back On the Chain Gang (Pretenders) chorus tease
% Mommy What\'s a Funkadelic (Funkadelic) tease and Hard Luck Harry chorus tease
If trees could scream do you think we would be so cavalier to cut them down? Maybe if they screamed all the time for no good reason.

Probably the worst thing about having King Kong run rampant in your town would be the huge, monster genitalia.

I wish I had a kryptonite cross, because then I could keep Dracula and Superman away.
   :mario: :luigi: :yoshi:  :toad:

cannontrip

• breakfast greek
  • ʻāwikiwiki
    • b'fastin
« Reply #49 on: June 20, 2009, 11:47:01 am »
Timmy Tour has been rockin some really good sets recently, gotta make it to one of these shows soon...
♥♫∞