Author Topic: 29th Annual Chaffee Gathering; Girard, PA  (Read 4463 times)

frolfer

• breakfast geek
29th Annual Chaffee Gathering; Girard, PA
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2009, 06:17:43 pm »
What a beautiful weekend! The Chaffee was one of the chillest festival experiences I have ever had. And the band was on total fire from note one.

Here\'s my full attempts at setlists:

7-17-09
~Set 1~
Jam > Doughboy, Beef Barley, Jam > Puppetry, Rufus > Peace Frog.

~Set 2~
The Chase > Tribal Funk Affliction > You Enjoy Myself > Vermont Song > Grand Scheme

~Encore~
Taboo or not Taboot

7-18-09
Jam > Rain(the Beatles, just the refrain) > Buquebus, Earache My Eye > Synergy, Escher\'s 1,2,4 > Tunage > Funky Bill\'s Circus Cliche, Overexposure.

Friday night raged from start to finish as we dodged the rain drops. Beef Barley was super ser, sounded so so good.

the setbreak was quick as the boys wanted to get back down to business and didn\'t let up until the end of Scheme.

I loved saturday. The opening jam sounded vaguely familiar and then Tim started with the "Rain, I don\'t mind..." line. It really was drizzling then but stoppped before the Queeb dropped.

Two cool stage highlights from saturday: Tim thrashing his head up and down so hard at the start of Synergy that his glasses came flying off. Secondly, near the end of Escher\'s 2 Jordan left the stage. Chris went into a sweet little bass interlude as the surge of Part 4 comes swelling up and the guys are looking around for Jordan with these expressions on their faces like, " Well, the wave is here, we have our boards, there\'s no turning back now." Jordan comes flying in out of nowhere and joins in perfectly, hitting the keys before landing in his seat. Nice.

Great freaking time. If this can happen again I think a bus trip may be in order.

I did look over to the soundboard near the end of saturday\'s set and noticed two tape decks running. Soooo, maybe someone got this down. Might just be the Chaffee deck so maybe someone in the know could track these down. Might just be for family only. Maybe it was the band\'s deck? Other than that, no other taping rigs in sight.

I am on a cloud today. Thanks guys for playing!! Best stuff I\'ve seen yet. These guys sound GOOD together! No joke. People were pwned after friday night. Mad dancing and smiles and good vibes all around.
Painted wind and sound, sun and all the clouds, oohooh

inthewhitelodge

« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2009, 06:23:04 pm »
Holyy frreakin\' weekend. I am so enthralled despite 14 total hrs. of driving. All we needed was exactly what they played. Thanks so much for a special weekend, boys! Hope to jam out w/ you late-night bonfire style again in Peru, NY! More details to come when I pick my face up off of the floor..............................

Quote from: Klout;236265
I counted myself out because of work but I am seriously considering calling in and doing this.

Wish I had known; next time get your digits to me and we can call it a day!

GO to Pondfest!
« Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 06:23:04 pm by inthewhitelodge »
"When I hold you, I hold everything that is-- swans, volcanoes, river rocks, maple trees drinking the fragrance of the moon, bread that the fire adores. In your life I see everything that lives."- Pablo Neruda:wave:

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2009, 07:19:57 pm »
wow what an epic looking weekend...wish i was there, cant wait for this weekend
DS Newbers

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
    • http://
« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2009, 09:38:13 am »
2nd year in a row that the breakfast brought down the rain.......I heard my boy Scott Medosis was in attendance, its been a while since i hung with him.....glad to hear he is still a fan of the boys.........
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph

galenas

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2009, 11:47:30 am »
Quote from: frolfer;236361

I am on a cloud today. Thanks guys for playing!! Best stuff I\'ve seen yet. These guys sound GOOD together! No joke. People were pwned after friday night. Mad dancing and smiles and good vibes all around.

awesome! thanks for the report. :)

frolfer

• breakfast geek
« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2009, 11:50:02 am »
This was an epic weekend for sure. The boys played very well and did us proud, as they always seem to do! I am still smiling about it :biggrin:

Keepin fingers and toes crossed that these sets make their way out to the masses.
Painted wind and sound, sun and all the clouds, oohooh

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
    • http://
« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2009, 01:04:39 pm »
Quote from: frolfer;236387
This was an epic weekend for sure. The boys played very well and did us proud, as they always seem to do! I am still smiling about it :biggrin:

Keepin fingers and toes crossed that these sets make their way out to the masses.

as long as ellis wasnt there to lose the discs like last year
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph