Author Topic: Setlist: 2009-04-17 - Mill Street Brews; Southbridge; MA  (Read 8986 times)

LBoogie

Setlist: 2009-04-17 - Mill Street Brews; Southbridge; MA
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2009, 12:20:16 pm »
Quote from: ChrisPitch;227229
Tim injured his ankle on Wednesday while leisurely trotting into the house. Seems like a sprain.

i\'m glad tim stuck with the term "leisurely trotting" ...although i did let out quite the laugh after hearing his explanation.  not quite a run, not quite a gallop.  wait, is tim part horse now?  :)  if he turns into a centaur i\'ll be psyched!

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2009, 12:45:36 pm »
puppetry was fuckin sick.  pretty fun time.  tim def needs to heal up and stand up !!!!!
*Gia*

sąikidélik

• whateva will dangle do ya
    • http://www.myspace.com/bolofmanutoes
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2009, 02:18:10 pm »
I don\'t think the second set was too short, it just looks it on paper. I mean we got out at 1:45am, and yes, I don\'t recall seeing more then one cop on my drive home, and that was in Worcester. Hard Luck was crazy along with the Spunk and the Wild Pack was a perfect way to end it. The crowd was fine by me, i\'ll take them over the IH wooks any day. Did anyone see the fuckin Red Sox game?

Ren

• what?
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2009, 02:41:57 pm »
great show.
"...someone\'s toying with us, Mr. Bravo, and no one makes a Sit N\' Spin out of Adam West..."

tpalms4prez

• :banwpoa:
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2009, 03:25:48 pm »

Fun show...Nice to hear Episode 1 as an opener

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
    • http://www.myspace.com/klout
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2009, 03:31:06 pm »
shortest ren review ever

SkyePrizm

• separator
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2009, 04:49:18 pm »
Quote from: Klout;227265
shortest ren review ever

i was thinking the same thing.  we want a babbling rant!! C\'mon!!!!  ;)

Nermel9

• the nice girl
    • http://
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2009, 04:55:35 pm »
Quote from: SkyePrizm;227269
shortest ren review ever

Don\'t encourage him! :biggrin:

SkyePrizm

• separator
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2009, 05:22:53 pm »
Quote from: Nermel9;227270
Quote from: SkyePrizm;227269
shortest ren review ever

Don\'t encourage him! :biggrin:

I\'m sure you got the full review on the car ride home! :)

Ren

• what?
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2009, 06:03:05 pm »
what a retarded ride to the show.  

got on 91 just in time to see a sign that said there were major delays from like exits 23-27, took the berlin tpke, rode it for 20 mins or so, gained time, just to be merged from 4 lanes to 1 for a dwi check point.  lost almost 1/2 hour.  fitzy said show was starting at 11:30, great, we weren\'t even to 84 yet, yay.  

got on 84, heard a knocking noise under the car, got off in vernon, looked everywhere saw nothing.  noise was gone.  lost like 10 more mins.  drove like 10 more mi.  heard it again, got off, seemingly a piece of the plastic covering under the front of the car lost a screw and was free to bounce all over the place.  lost like 10 more mins.  

got back on, flew to exit 1.  got to the show, paid and walked in literally as ep 1 was starting.  perfect.  it was btw, not 11:30 it was more like 11:05.  good timing.

ep 1 for me was great, it\'s one of my favorites, nice bust out and i chose to tell my self that it was a reward to us for such a hassle filled ride.  

i don\'t know if there was confusion or what, but rust started off just awfully to me, maybe it was dare i say, a bit...rusty? (raises pinky to corner of mouth)  it was ok.  glad if they had to play it that they got it over with.

...it did however get the gears turning in peoples heads toward the end with a funky jam that sounded like a bunch of different things at once, saw a lot of whispering amongst people, probably trying to call the next one.

what the funk was NOT what i was thinking.  awesome to hear it.  was it the first time that jordan sang it since he\'s been back, fitz seems to think so.  i do too.  well, jammed, nicely stretched out and a strong finish.

the jam after it had the same kinda, "little bit of everything" theme like the one at the end of rust.  i swear it was somewhat of a subtle love lake jam and was hoping it was finally back...

nope.  a filthy puppetry would have to do in it\'s place.  pretty hard hittling.  pretty sick.

i don\'t remember a guitar solo leading up to hard luck, but whatever.  hard luck was one of those classic, "best ever" ever versions we\'ve all grown accostumed to, one that gets everyone going insane, lasts forever, goes all over the place, and makes ya almost forget that it was hard luck to begin with.  whew!

i absolutely LOVE escher\'s pt 4.  that to me is clearly one of their best songs, well played, great solo at the end too.  i was kinda hoping it would pick up and go back into hard luck at the end, but whatever.

once again i didn\'t know if the second set jam was gonna go into cut me some slack, taboot, or tunage, i figured since that was the first thing i heard that was were it was gonna end up.  it was fuckin\' ferocious too.  hard, great jam, great drum solo with clear "my name is mud" beat too.  

psygn was a good one, really well played.  thought it was gonna be something else, the prolonged sca style begining made me think otherwise.

the jam that lead into spunk was perfect.  what a great build up.  what a firey spunk.  it was great to hear and a really nice solo by dangles hit the spot.

i really like how they\'re going back to playing wake up in a coma fast again and waiting until the end to get slow again, how it should be, imo.  it had me thinking, ok hoping that it was gonna go into overexposure, but i\'ll take a wild pack any day.  

where the fuck were those filthy-ass wooks that were moshing for some reason at the begining of the show?  it would\'ve been a perfect opportunity to beat the shit out of them.  they bumped into everyone and spilled tons of beers.  i gotta say, the hard-ass, mr. t style look dave gave them when they bumped into holly and him was beautiful.  

i went to my car so chris could put something away, and when two of them walked up and all three circles broke up and went inside, i said, something like, "aw the wooks missed out," i think they heard me cuz one of them yelled something about me having "sand in my vagina" or something.  those wooks sure can throw out some witty zingers when they need to.

wooks.

see ya!
« Last Edit: April 18, 2009, 06:05:57 pm by Ren »
"...someone\'s toying with us, Mr. Bravo, and no one makes a Sit N\' Spin out of Adam West..."

SkyePrizm

• separator
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2009, 06:06:45 pm »
^^^that was more like it!

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2009, 06:21:11 pm »
ee 4 is way overplayed.  what happened to ee 3 ??  thats the best fuckin one
*Gia*

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2009, 06:42:59 pm »
EE4 rules you sandy vagina wook
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2009, 08:34:07 pm »
i like the 1>4 in its entirety
DS Newbers

Ren

• what?
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2009, 02:30:32 am »
yes it has been waaay to long since the dance party that is ee3 has been played.  way too long.  probably all the sand in their vaginas is preventing them from playing it.  yeah, that has to be why.