Author Topic: Setlist: 2009-04-10 - Iron Horse Music Hall; Northampton, MA  (Read 15854 times)

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
Setlist: 2009-04-10 - Iron Horse Music Hall; Northampton, MA
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2009, 01:40:24 pm »
Epic show and one of the best nights of my life.

Thank you guys who made it over for being so awesome......
so much to say but it\'s all been said

Breakfast needs to keep bringing it to Northampton, I can\'t speak for all venues and places but mad new kids and people coming back into the scene are starting to rage it and figuring out whats up.

Weekly shows @ my place between IH (Pearl St?) gigs we\'ll have thousands of people by the end of the summer :lol:
« Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 01:46:23 pm by bdfreetuna »
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2009, 01:51:45 pm »
Quote from: sąikidélik;226201
Quote from: simpletwistupdon;226193
Quote from: zuke583;226188
i think it was a zelda tease. yeah awesome crowd. bunch of young\'ns too

Defintely a Zelda tease in Doughboy

Did anyone else figure out the JA was that threw the cup of water up onto the stage?  That was my first experience with tB @ the Iron Horse.  Granted I love that venue... I defintely like the separataion that Toads provides to keep the younglings apart.

Its was more like a full on Zelda jam, made me want to go home and play Ocarina of Time. I do enjoy seeing lots of little guys at the show, but these kids were ignorant. def on some hard drugs because no one in there right mind would a) throw anything on stage at a breakfast show, or b) burn a series of glow stick to cover them self in poisonous glowing liquid. The smell of burnt plastic def overwhelmed any wook smell that the place is normally bump\'n. I am gonna have to say if TB can find any other venue in that town to play it would be highly advised. Beer was ridiculous (high price, bad taste), the guy at the door couldn\'t make change, they knew it was raining and still kept people outside, they dramatically limit the ability of the breakfast and give an overall terrible morale. I was glad to see the balcony was open. The entire band was on a level of there own. I was seeing things that made me stop dancing and stare in awe. :wah:

Well fucking put... oh yeah and who charges excatly $6.30 for a beer?
Where to next?

Vassillios

• straight from the gutter
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2009, 01:53:07 pm »
that setlist looks awful.
i think it\'s turning back on me / i\'m down on the upside

Ren

• what?
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2009, 02:11:29 pm »
yeah i wish i never went.  whenever i hear ep 3, i think of "the taints," and sure as shit, peaches walks in, i then told him, "yo, as soon as this song started i saw your head in my face."  yes, i was doing quite well last night, thank you.
"...someone\'s toying with us, Mr. Bravo, and no one makes a Sit N\' Spin out of Adam West..."

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2009, 02:21:17 pm »
i changed my mind that was no fun at all last night
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

Bret

• Sin-ser Breakfasthead
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2009, 02:37:47 pm »
Quote from: simpletwistupdon;226204
... oh yeah and who charges exactly $6.30 for a beer?

The Iron Horse and only the Iron Horse...  They do what they want! :cartman:

I gotta say... no real problems with the staff last night (besides the blatantly overpriced beverages, if I hadn\'t been rushing in the door late I would\'ve brought in my own flask, always next time!), and the show... well, absolutely GREAT!  I\'m still hearing Gladys Pimp in my head... and I LOVE IT!
Lois: What the hell?  Marilyn Manson?  Is that who\'s causing all this?  Peter: Yeah, it\'s all him or hers fault.  Who does he or she think he or she is?  Look, you can totally see his or her nipples.  That\'s obscene... maybe.  Lois: There\'s only one thing to do.  Peter: You\'re right.  We got to find this Marilyn Manson and I\'ve got to give that bastard or bitch a piece of my mind or penis.

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2009, 02:53:46 pm »
Quote from: Ren;226197
definitely one for the ages.  they played like they had something to prove.  
yea, it was almost as if someone demanded a more electronica  breakfast show and they decided to answer that person specifically by opening with a queb. weird.

Quote from: bdfreetuna;226203
Weekly shows @ my place between IH (Pearl St?) gigs we\'ll have thousands of people by the end of the summer :lol:
good luck keeping 1000 people in your attic quiet. :lol: :shh:
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

Gfunk

• Papa^
    • http://www.myspace.com/weaksauce603
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2009, 03:32:22 pm »
TRIBAL>EP 3 MADNESS PWNED N00bS HARD. GOT A BLOODY NOSE DURING LIT CAUSE IT WAS TOO SER! (therefore i am n00bert?)

p.s. stealth tape= ser fuckin biz. I heart taperz
« Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 03:32:59 pm by Gfunk »
Facial Hair Would Be So Nice

ulee

• Psygned in
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2009, 04:30:14 pm »
looks awesome, can\'t wait to hear alleged tape

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
    • http://www.myspace.com/klout
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2009, 04:41:28 pm »
Looks like a good set. STL has been of fire lately. Def taking that song to new heights in 2009.

Mark

• Ser PB Fan
    • http://
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2009, 04:52:02 pm »
$6.30 for a beer="plus tax" what a croc.

Thanks bd and pb for your hospitality. If 7 people in your attic make that much noise, you def don\'t want 1000!

Can\'t believe someone felt the need to douse the band with water or beer or whatever. sad.

Walking in with Matt\'s clamp stuck up my ass and then waiting 5 minutes for doordick to make change=not fun!

Special thanks to Eric for driving and Zuke for the tasty HIPA, wich saved me from having to drink that awful golden bullet Matt was forcing on me!
« Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 06:52:16 pm by Mark »
"Anyone who knows a god damn thing about this band and has been there as long as some of us have, know god damn well that this show was something special." Ren re: Toads 8/23/07

FrankZappa

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2009, 05:07:54 pm »
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

FreeSpirit

• Mrs. Tickler
    • http://www.myspace.com/robynsegali
« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2009, 05:07:55 pm »
Quote from: Mark;226227

Walking in with Matt\'s clamp stuck up my ass and then waiting 5 minutes for doordick to make change=not fun!

:lol: thanks for taking one for the team! :) your ass pain is much appreciated... hope it was good for you too! ;)
“Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings. ”[/color]

FrankZappa

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2009, 05:11:05 pm »
Quote from: Mark;226227

Specail thanks to Eric for driving and Zuke for the tasty HIPA, wich saved me from having to drink that awful golden bullet Matt was forcing on me!

"Vallo, at the coors banquet, you\'re the only banqueter!" - gencs

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2009, 01:11:59 am »
Quote from: zuke583;226188
i think it was a zelda tease. yeah awesome crowd. bunch of young\'ns too

Yes, it was a full-on Zelda jam.  It was the normal above-ground music from The Legend Of Zelda.

Quote from: sąikidélik;226201
I do enjoy seeing lots of little guys at the show, but these kids were ignorant. def on some hard drugs because no one in there right mind would a) throw anything on stage at a breakfast show, or b) burn a series of glow stick to cover them self in poisonous glowing liquid.

To your point, this was by far the most spun Breakfast show I\'ve seen in a long time, probably since the ridiculous Beardslee Castle Halloween show, and that was the most spun non-Butterfield show I\'ve ever seen.   This show was crooked and wooked.  Mad kidz was trippin on crazy shit yo.  Did anyone go down to the bathroom "lobby" at one point when there were 25 kids down there NOT in line for the bathroom?  They were all just hanging on to the wall or wooking out on the floor TRIPPIN.  Back upstairs, 2 different kidz asked to buy drugs from me, and this one girl with pupils the size of flying saucers sat on the couch next to me and started talking to me about Jesus.  I asked her what she was on, and she just told me she had eaten a bunch of something but didn\'t know what it was.  Place was insane.  

It\'s all good, I\'m down with having more drugs on scene.  Heck, I could\'ve made some money last night if only I kept drugs to sell on me at Breakfast shows.  Next Iron Horse show I\'m totally bringing my colitis meds and being like, "Yo, I got Asacol, this shit is the sick pharmies yo.  $10 a pill."  Actually, I\'m gonna do even better and do this on lot at Phenway and Great Woods, should be able to easily make enough money to buy a 4-day Rod Rocks pass.    

Oh yeah, The Breakfast played a very lovely sounding concert at the Iron Horse. :)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2009, 01:13:11 am by Wolfman »