Author Topic: Setlist: 2009-04-10 - Iron Horse Music Hall; Northampton, MA  (Read 15856 times)

davepeck

• Administrator
Setlist: 2009-04-10 - Iron Horse Music Hall; Northampton, MA
« on: April 11, 2009, 04:21:18 am »
I: jam > Buquebus, The Late And The Great > See The Light*, Tribal Funk Affliction > Episode 3 (Awakening)** > Tribal Funk Affliction > Lit^ > Tribal Funk Affliction, Doughboy^^

E: Gladys Pimp And Kangaroos With Me# > Wake Up In A Coma

* inverted.
** with \'Metropolis\' tease.
^ with \'Run Like An Antelope\' (Phish) lyrics.
^^ with \'The Legend Of Zelda (Overworld theme)\' jam.
# with \'Ticket To Ride\' (The Beatles) and \'Row, Row, Row Your Boat\' teases.

Thanks to weekapaug19 and simpletwistupdon for the setlist!

Buquebus

• SER breakfast geek
    • http://
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2009, 08:30:38 am »
\'quebus opener!?!  TFA>eppyIII>TFA>Lit>TFA?!?! antelope lyrics?!? gladys encore into Coma!!! yowsers.. sounds like fun, and worth whatever wait on line there was to get inside
Not sure what is gonna transpire. Regardless, we ain\'t gonna forget the gravy.

bigmtskier

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2009, 08:42:59 am »
What happened to shows being recorded and put up? Has not been one for over a month it seems;  I survive; but am just curious; steve in montana

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2009, 10:04:23 am »
Quote from: bigmtskier;226183
What happened to shows being recorded and put up? Has not been one for over a month it seems;  I survive; but am just curious; steve in montana

no guarantees, but i\'m pretty sure the show was taped
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor

FieryBill

• People Party Coast2Coast
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2009, 10:06:01 am »
Wow what a show.... highlight for me was the Tribal with Eppy 3 and Lit in it! They teased something Ive heard before in Doughboy but I can\'t think of what it\'s called.... somebody will know it I\'m sure. It sounded like a Nintendo or cartoonage theme or something. Also, "Ticket to Ride" tease to start out Gladys, and again in the intro....  

I guess they were running late on time, because it seemed like they wanted to go into Over Exposure out of Gladys, and if not that I thought maybe they would do it after Coma... a la 4/18/08, but it didn\'t matter, the show was still sick! I don\'t think I\'ve ever seen Queeb open a show or Coma close one, I\'d have to check my stats on that....

They always play a great set at Noho, no debate about that!

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2009, 10:07:19 am »
i think it was a zelda tease. yeah awesome crowd. bunch of young\'ns too
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor

frolfer

• breakfast geek
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2009, 10:17:52 am »
Damn. This looks like a ser evening of tunes. If I had gotten my act together after work I might\'ve been able to make it to this one. But I have to be in Rochester later today so that would\'ve been a long ass drive.

I really hope this one got taped. Now that I am working again I am going to try and set up a fund and start saving for some gear. I am a total newb so any advice or recommendations are always appreciated.

Thanks guys for playing for us. We love you and appreciate all of the effort!!

Have a grate weekend!
Painted wind and sound, sun and all the clouds, oohooh

mvallo

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2009, 10:30:34 am »
I taped the show last night with difficulty as expected.  I got denied at the door, left venue and came back in "stealth mode".  I just was not going to hold the mic under my shirt all night so I clamped onto the subwoofer at the center font of stage and covered the gear with a jacket, except the mics.   Not the best recording mix, lots of bass and drums, low on the vocals, guitar and keys. It got the job done.  This is my first breakfast show that I has to "go stealth". Thanks you Paul, mark, and Eric for your assistance.  I should have this on archive later today.

frolfer

• breakfast geek
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2009, 10:35:23 am »
Wow mvallo, thanks for your efforts. Huge.
Painted wind and sound, sun and all the clouds, oohooh

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2009, 11:22:55 am »
Quote from: zuke583;226188

Defintely a Zelda tease in Doughboy

Did anyone else figure out the JA was that threw the cup of water up onto the stage?  That was my first experience with tB @ the Iron Horse.  Granted I love that venue... I defintely like the separataion that Toads provides to keep the younglings apart.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 11:22:55 am by simpletwistupdon »
Where to next?

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2009, 12:21:28 pm »
wow looks friggin insane!
DS Newbers

Todaysparkles

• The Breakfast Blondie
    • http://www.myspace.com/todaysparkles
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2009, 12:29:59 pm »
What a delicious mind fucking last night was!! Wacky awesomeness. All kinds of  tasty surprises. Was not expecting a (huge) Bq opener, certainly not Lit or another TFA after the one I got served at the Warehouse. Yes sir, it was fabulous.
Seasons don't fear the reaper

Ren

• what?
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2009, 01:00:45 pm »
definitely one for the ages.  they played like they had something to prove.  they fuckin\' ripped.  queeb dragged a bit for me but was great none the less.  tlatg>stl was beautiful and surprising.  i absolutely loved the slow, steadily building start to tribal, haven\'t seen it in a while, it perfectly slipped into ep 3 before most even knew what happened.  same with lit.  just those little kicks of adrians bass and i was like, "holy shit, lit!?!?"  and what a lit it was, talk about going waaaay the fuck out there, "set the gearshift for the high-gear of your soul,"  i don\'t know where that came from but who cares.  i didn\'t have much left in the tank when tribal came back around for it\'s spectacular finish.  pretty fuckin\' wild shit.

spent pretty much the entire doughboy in the bathroom line, but it sounded good to me, kinda annoying, but that\'s what happens.  gladys>coma was a nice way to close the book on this one.  i loved how coma was pretty much played the old fast way up until the end.  perfect.

well...ellis, if you\'re actually leaving, i\'ll miss ya.  obviously, best of luck on CO.

good times!
« Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 01:03:21 pm by Ren »
"...someone\'s toying with us, Mr. Bravo, and no one makes a Sit N\' Spin out of Adam West..."

peaches626

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2009, 01:14:00 pm »
got there in the middle of epi 3

very good playing goin on, definitely quick snippets of extra improv all over

my fav segment was the wackyness of lit

thanks to everyone who hit up the beards earlier!
taints rule, gypsies drool!

sąikidélik

• whateva will dangle do ya
    • http://www.myspace.com/bolofmanutoes
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2009, 01:30:28 pm »
Quote from: simpletwistupdon;226193
Quote from: zuke583;226188

Defintely a Zelda tease in Doughboy

Did anyone else figure out the JA was that threw the cup of water up onto the stage?  That was my first experience with tB @ the Iron Horse.  Granted I love that venue... I defintely like the separataion that Toads provides to keep the younglings apart.

Its was more like a full on Zelda jam, made me want to go home and play Ocarina of Time. I do enjoy seeing lots of little guys at the show, but these kids were ignorant. def on some hard drugs because no one in there right mind would a) throw anything on stage at a breakfast show, or b) burn a series of glow stick to cover them self in poisonous glowing liquid. The smell of burnt plastic def overwhelmed any wook smell that the place is normally bump\'n. I am gonna have to say if TB can find any other venue in that town to play it would be highly advised. Beer was ridiculous (high price, bad taste), the guy at the door couldn\'t make change, they knew it was raining and still kept people outside, they dramatically limit the ability of the breakfast and give an overall terrible morale. I was glad to see the balcony was open. The entire band was on a level of there own. I was seeing things that made me stop dancing and stare in awe. :wah: