Author Topic: Vibes!!  (Read 1515 times)

psychjosh

Vibes!!
« on: April 05, 2009, 07:24:01 am »
This festival just got my vote!! I will be there will bells on! CSN and RAT DOG!!! and LEVON!!!!
I WISH!!! These friggin people would smarten up and add our boys.
Bring Back the Shotty Nasal!

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
Vibes!!
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2009, 12:10:41 pm »
Vibes is definitely not to be missed... Breakfast or no Breakfast (wish there was Breakfast though, especially with the return of late night stages)...
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

LBoogie

Vibes!!
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2009, 02:55:09 pm »
THERE CAN STILL BE BREAKFAST!!!  the solar stage hasn\'t even been booked yet!!!!  c\'mon people...has the band submitted an epk?  talked to anyone at terrapin??  this is not a difficult task.  i\'ve already done all i can do :(  i bet if we all work together we can make this happen :)  bob kennedy is a really cool guy, and happens to like the breakfast very much.....but he doesn\'t go out in search of bands to book.....bands go to him.....SO.  epk submission??  does the band even have an epk??

thatguy

Vibes!!
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2009, 03:02:47 pm »
yeah...mmmm been there done that lauren.they just don\'t want us!

oh yeah...fuck the solar stage.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2009, 03:02:47 pm by thatguy »

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
Vibes!!
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2009, 04:00:10 pm »
Vibes can\'t handle the heat that is The Breakfast.

But I do love me some Bobby.

If Breakfast got a gig @ Camp Bisco they\'d probably triple their fanbase instantly.
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

LBoogie

Vibes!!
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2009, 06:57:20 pm »
Quote from: thatguy;225495

oh come on brah!  the solar stage is fun as hell!  AND has some pretty sick bands as well....none that compare to the  breakfast of course, but hey....its a good time....every year :)  r u saying you tried this year already?  i thought the only reason you guys  didn\'t go back last year was cuz they didn\'t want the same bands two years in a row.....i don\'t think it\'s that they don\'t want you.  The Breakfast is one of the best bands to ever come out of CT.....SOMEBODY must know that down there.  didn\'t bisco do the same thing to you guys last year?  what can i say....festivals and their ridiculous rules.  i say try again.  its worth it.

Buquebus

• SER breakfast geek
    • http://
Vibes!!
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2009, 07:18:31 pm »
Quote from: bdfreetuna;225497

If Breakfast got a gig @ Camp Bisco they\'d probably triple their fanbase instantly.

been there. done that... they were even on the bill back when it was Bisco Nights
Not sure what is gonna transpire. Regardless, we ain\'t gonna forget the gravy.

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
Vibes!!
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2009, 07:18:36 pm »
Quote from: LBoogie;225503
Quote from: thatguy;225495

r u saying you tried this year already?  

[-]million[/-] fifty dollar question right there
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
Vibes!!
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2009, 10:42:21 pm »
Quote from: Buquebus;225505

been there. done that... they were even on the bill back when it was Bisco Nights

oh yeah. haha duh
My friends who were there said they heard and were impressed. But they\'re usually to lazy to go to shows even 15 minutes away.

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
Vibes!!
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2009, 11:58:10 pm »

Sorry, don\'t agree.  Breakfast are way too melodic for the serious untz crowd.  Too much composed music, too many vocals, way too many changes in dynamics.  Breakfast bring 0 untz and very little drugs on scene.  

I\'m curious why you think Bisco fans would be into the Breakfast?  In the 10-year history of PB/TB, how many serious untz-heads have been serious Breakfast fans?  To the best of my knowledge, the answer is four.  Maybe I\'m wrong and there have been 10, or even 20, but really, when\'s the last time you saw a posse of crooked hats at a Breakfast show?    

Well they\'ve already played there and they definitely did NOT triple their fanbase so we know what happens.  Still a great gig if you can get it, just not gonna gain a lot of fans from it.

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
Vibes!!
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2009, 04:16:43 am »
Speaking of Vibes, we can\'t forget the old Wolfman posting/review sign-off from the early 2000s:

"Peace and vibes, Wolfman"
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
Vibes!!
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2009, 09:13:57 am »
Quote from: Wolfman;225529

Sorry, don\'t agree.  Breakfast are way too melodic for the serious untz crowd.  Too much composed music, too many vocals, way too many changes in dynamics.  Breakfast bring 0 untz and very little drugs on scene.  

I\'m curious why you think Bisco fans would be into the Breakfast?  In the 10-year history of PB/TB, how many serious untz-heads have been serious Breakfast fans?  To the best of my knowledge, the answer is four.  Maybe I\'m wrong and there have been 10, or even 20, but really, when\'s the last time you saw a posse of crooked hats at a Breakfast show?    

Well they\'ve already played there and they definitely did NOT triple their fanbase so we know what happens.  Still a great gig if you can get it, just not gonna gain a lot of fans from it.

ok...where to start??

a) you\'re right -- they did play camp bisco in 2007. it was their second show with the new line up.  they didn\'t exactly TRIPLE their fan base, but they were well received and they had a better turnout than i would have expected at noon at camp bisco.

b) some biscuits fans would absolutely be into the breakfast. they have obviously made a turn for electronic music, but you might be surprised by the eclectic tastes of the fans and members of the biscuits. this scene isn\'t that big...many of the fans were once diehard phish fans. anyone who\'s been a diehard fan of phish can become a casual fan of the breakfast. and that\'s just an obvious influence. the band\'s early catalog is steeped in jazz and classical music. no, they don\'t play it much anymore, but many older biscuits fans long for the days of jazzy biscuits, believe me. hey, some of the younger fans might want it also, which brings me to my next point...

c) Q: "when\'s the last time you saw a posse of crooked hats at a Breakfast show"

A: umm, never. but you know what? that\'s not just a biscuits thing...it\'s a young person thing. don\'t blame young fans for not getting into the breakfast. it\'s not their fault. for some reason, the breakfast doesn\'t really cater to the younger crowds...not in CT anyway. just being in new haven doesn\'t mean you\'re going to draw the college kids. i\'m not sure what the solution is. if it were that easy, i\'m sure it would have been done by now. maybe the breakfast can open for kicking daisies and draw some younger fans that way

d) biscuits fans (who are not all "serious untz-heads" by the way) are certainly open to songs with composed music/vocals/changes in dynamics. have you even listened to the biscuits? i know you have. if you like, i\'d gladly link you to some examples of old/recent biscuits show that display this.  it\'s not as prevalent as it is at a breakfast show, but it rarely is with bands within this genre. plus, how else could you explain the fanbase crossover with umphrey\'s?

and as far as drugs: come now...to think that biscuits fans wouldn\'t like a band because their fans don\'t bring enough drugs is ridiculous. and it\'s not like the breakfast scene is exactly the most clean and sober fanbase ever

you going to the show on saturday wolfman? i think i may head up...we can discuss it over a beer while we wait in line outside the venue until 11

didn\'t mean to hijack the thread. i\'d love to see the breakfast at the vibes. particularly at the solar stage since there\'s no way i would buy a ticket to see that line up.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 09:13:57 am by zuke583 »
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
Vibes!!
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2009, 11:57:14 am »
RE: The Solar Stage

The solar stage was moved from where it was located when the Breakfast played the stage. It was located last year in the campgrounds in front of the stages. Back behind the baseball field. So it was in a better spot last year as far as folks not having to walk. My guess is this would also be where they would have the late night stage. But really I have no idea wht the setup will be like.

I think this year will mark the 1st time since 1998 that I will not be at vibes. Was a hell of a run and hope you all have a safe and happy time
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
Vibes!!
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2009, 03:22:27 pm »

Just gotta poke around.

I\'m curious why you think Bisco fans would be into the Breakfast?

Buquebus, Hard Luck Harry, Overexposure, Mooboo\'s.... Breakfast kicks DBs ass when it comes to livetronica grooves. Difference is, Breakfast ain\'t no one trick pony.

when\'s the last time you saw a posse of crooked hats at a Breakfast show?

Maybe next show I\'ll have to break out the flat breezy with hand drawn Ketamine molecule that I scored @ Up North fest. Then again I do like a well-worn traditional style baseball cap. It\'s definitely not a generational thing. It\'s a depletion of brain cells thing.

Quote from: zuke583;225538
how else could you explain the fanbase crossover with umphrey\'s?

***** lovers unite ;)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 03:23:57 pm by bdfreetuna »