Author Topic: What is a REAL Fan?  (Read 6681 times)

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
What is a REAL Fan?
« Reply #60 on: April 01, 2009, 04:05:30 pm »
Wow... must have got to you to today.  Haven\'t gotten a Kill Yourself in awhile and never got a Stat!
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
What is a REAL Fan?
« Reply #61 on: April 01, 2009, 04:07:38 pm »
Quote from: Yoda;225102
Wow... must have got to you to today.  Haven\'t gotten a Kill Yourself in awhile and never got a Stat!

ryan,dont flatter yourself brah.
im just jumpin on the bandwagon.

----------------
Now playing: Jeff T****y - Solitaire
via FoxyTunes
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

antbach

• bron bron bachinski
    • http://www.myspace.com/antbach
What is a REAL Fan?
« Reply #62 on: April 01, 2009, 04:24:11 pm »
I used to think i was a real fan. Then I fell off the face of the earth. Then came back. Then left again, and haven\'t returned yet, but soon. I am king of the breakfast hiatus. Defining, real fan, is a matter of opinion. Yoda, you may think you\'re a real fan because you continue to offer your opinions on this board about shows, recordings, future of the band. That\'s fine, congrats, and maybe that does make you a real fan, it\'s a matter of opinion, and it seems like most people are against you. Who really gives a fuck what they think? I think you\'re problem is, whether you realize it or not, you\'re \'right to freedom of speech\' on this board makes you look like a complete jackass 80% of the time. Yes, you provide some constructive thoughts once in a while. But for the most part, every time you post, whether it be about the band this forum is for, or any other thread unrelated to The Breakfast, the post is more often than not negative. Fuck, I rarely post here, and not even close to how much I used to, but I\'m not gonna lie, I lurk all the time and read the board. I do not read every thread. But it seems every thread I open and read there you are, making a negative comment about whatever the thread is about, using your wife and child and upcoming child as an excuse. No one fucking cares what your excuse for not going to any Breakfast or other shows are, we get it, you have a family, you grew up, good for you, congratulations and I wish you the best. Maybe you\'d get a little more respect here if you weren\'t an excuse-making downer most of the time you post. I\'m starting to think you get off on everyone ripping you a new one. I\'m also starting to think you like to rub it in that you have a house, wife, child and family. But ya know what guy? We don\'t envy you, I know I don\'t. I\'m fucking 28 years old and live with my parents, and have no shame because of it.

/rant

fuck, i\'m going back on .info hiatus, no lurking, like "the good \'ol days".
"Okay everybody, for my next miracle, I\'m going to turn water into funk!"

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
What is a REAL Fan?
« Reply #63 on: April 01, 2009, 04:26:04 pm »
Quote from: antbach;225114
I used to think i was a real fan. Then I fell off the face of the earth. Then came back. Then left again, and haven\'t returned yet, but soon. I am king of the breakfast hiatus. Defining, real fan, is a matter of opinion. Yoda, you may think you\'re a real fan because you continue to offer your opinions on this board about shows, recordings, future of the band. That\'s fine, congrats, and maybe that does make you a real fan, it\'s a matter of opinion, and it seems like most people are against you. Who really gives a fuck what they think? I think you\'re problem is, whether you realize it or not, you\'re \'right to freedom of speech\' on this board makes you look like a complete jackass 80% of the time. Yes, you provide some constructive thoughts once in a while. But for the most part, every time you post, whether it be about the band this forum is for, or any other thread unrelated to The Breakfast, the post is more often than not negative. Fuck, I rarely post here, and not even close to how much I used to, but I\'m not gonna lie, I lurk all the time and read the board. I do not read every thread. But it seems every thread I open and read there you are, making a negative comment about whatever the thread is about, using your wife and child and upcoming child as an excuse. No one fucking cares what your excuse for not going to any Breakfast or other shows are, we get it, you have a family, you grew up, good for you, congratulations and I wish you the best. Maybe you\'d get a little more respect here if you weren\'t an excuse-making downer most of the time you post. I\'m starting to think you get off on everyone ripping you a new one. I\'m also starting to think you like to rub it in that you have a house, wife, child and family. But ya know what guy? We don\'t envy you, I know I don\'t. I\'m fucking 28 years old and live with my parents, and have no shame because of it.

/rant

fuck, i\'m going back on .info hiatus, no lurking, like "the good \'ol days".

PWN\'D

----------------
Now playing: Jeff T****y - Summer Teeth
via FoxyTunes

SlimPickens

• just the tip
    • http://
What is a REAL Fan?
« Reply #64 on: April 01, 2009, 04:35:44 pm »
Quote from: Gfunk;225034

not sure why, but I feel like this pic belongs in this thread.

that pic absolutely belonged in this thread.

kinda looks like the amercian tax payer.

LIL BLONDE, I want in on one of those # 1 fan shirts.  I unlike SOME east coasters, make it to some shows!!

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
What is a REAL Fan?
« Reply #65 on: April 01, 2009, 04:37:24 pm »
If everyone is that strongly againstme and my comments, I\'ll self hiatus myself from posting....

My last point until sometime down the road is a fan doesn\'t have to prove themself.  If they say that they are a fan, they are.  End of thread...  See you when I see you...
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
What is a REAL Fan?
« Reply #66 on: April 01, 2009, 04:39:23 pm »
Quote from: Yoda;225121
If everyone is that strongly againstme and my comments, I\'ll self hiatus myself from posting....

My last point until sometime down the road is a fan doesn\'t have to prove themself.  If they say that they are a fan, they are.  End of thread...  See you when I see you...

trust me brah,nobody gives a flying rats ass if you post/go on hiatus or are dead/alive..
good riddance and dont let the door hit you on the arse..

----------------
Now playing: Jeff T****y - Jesus, etc.
via FoxyTunes

Jim Cobb

• RailroadBuilder/RugPee-er
  • Global Moderator
    • http://www.urban-fetch.com
What is a REAL Fan?
« Reply #67 on: April 01, 2009, 04:57:02 pm »
i think "fan" is a self diagnosed disease.
Postcount +1.

Jim Cobb

• RailroadBuilder/RugPee-er
  • Global Moderator
    • http://www.urban-fetch.com
What is a REAL Fan?
« Reply #68 on: April 01, 2009, 05:15:29 pm »
ok i\'m leaving for band practice, everyone behave, okay?
Postcount +1.

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
What is a REAL Fan?
« Reply #69 on: April 01, 2009, 05:19:36 pm »
Quote from: Jim Cobb;225137

not a chance..
on a sidenote,why arent your 2 posts in a row merged into one?
thats BULLSHIT!!

----------------
Now playing: Jeff T****y - Hummingbird
via FoxyTunes

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
What is a REAL Fan?
« Reply #70 on: April 01, 2009, 05:27:53 pm »
Quote from: freddiewaht;225138
Quote from: Jim Cobb;225137

not a chance..
on a sidenote,why arent your 2 posts in a row merged into one?
thats BULLSHIT!!

----------------
Now playing: Jeff T****y - Hummingbird
via FoxyTunes

tbc and a beaut.

Quote from: Yoda;225036
Are you ser..... Go to the gallery and search DeBlock...

Here\'s a few... All of the old-timers know me, half won\'t admit that it...

all this proves is that paul ryan was somewhat obsessed w/ you between the years of 99 and 02.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 05:27:53 pm by Igziabeher »

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
What is a REAL Fan?
« Reply #71 on: April 01, 2009, 05:32:43 pm »
I like the bands music. does that make me a fan? :hscratch:
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
What is a REAL Fan?
« Reply #72 on: April 01, 2009, 05:35:44 pm »
Quote from: Yoda;225121

let the springsteen bashing commence!
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor

sąikidélik

• whateva will dangle do ya
    • http://www.myspace.com/bolofmanutoes
What is a REAL Fan?
« Reply #73 on: April 01, 2009, 05:54:36 pm »
I think you cry about a lot of things for attention to make sure people still know you want to but can\'t follow "the breakfast". I have never met you or Leith for that matter, so i don\'t understand the hostility? Maybe if we actually met and didn\'t just argue over who is a bigger fan, there wouldn\'t be so much tension. But then again who knows. Also you seem like a bit of a poser claiming to take a hiatus after antbach\'s little rant. but believe me i would prefer you do take that hiatus.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 06:02:08 pm by sąikidélik »

derickw

• Drunken Garbage Can
    • http://
What is a REAL Fan?
« Reply #74 on: April 01, 2009, 06:02:55 pm »
you know, i\'m not going to apologize for my rants because in fact it is my freedom of speech i am exercising here. if you feel the need to hiatus yourself, it\'s your call. no one told to to leave. i just said to STFU. be a productive, contributing member of society and stop complaining. we all have something we could bitch about. i personally don\'t need to read about some one else\'s shit. i\'m not doctor phil and i don\'t give a F*CK. i\'m not saying a contradictory view is not appreciated and needed to keep everything in check but for chist sakes don\'t be that guy every time, otherwise you look like shit stain.

i\'m done, do as you feel.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 06:54:07 pm by derickw »
never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you

-. --- .-- / - .... .- - ... / -.. .. -.-. -.-