Author Topic: Setlist: 2009-03-28 - Java Barn @ St. Lawrence University; Canton, NY  (Read 9528 times)

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
Setlist: 2009-03-28 - Java Barn @ St. Lawrence University; Canton, NY
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2009, 01:57:24 pm »
Quote from: sąikidélik;224829
Quote from: yoda;224788
Quote from: sąikidélik;224787
Quote from: alexanderzurflu;224786
Quote from: Lexington;224781
NOTHING...ABSOLUTELY NOTHING beats the java barn!!! If you have never been there you really just do not understand and wont till you go there.

I\'ll bet it\'s an awesome venue, however Butterfield will always hold the 1 spot.

Never been to the Butterfield but The Java Barn probably gives it a fair fight. We were told by the students who ran the place that the cops never show up on campus, which the barn is right in the center of, and public safety would not be stopping into the show. or as i like to say "no ID required"

Yeah, but Butterfield is the only place that you can put blow up mattresses down, dress up like Hulk Hogan and wrestle at set break the day before Wrestlemania.  And where else does Darth Vader show up for a Psychedelic Breakfast show?

Tell you what, ill go to the next Butterfeild, you go to the next Java barn and we\'ll talk then. Bra

In observance of the ragers played on 3-30-2001 and 4-1-2000, PB is playing a 2-night Butterfield run tonight (3/31) and tomorrow (4/1).
« Last Edit: March 31, 2009, 02:02:01 pm by alexanderzurflu »
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2009, 02:49:31 pm »
Quote from: alexanderzurflu;224832
In observance of the ragers played on 3-30-2001 and 4-1-2000, PB is playing a 2-night Butterfield run tonight (3/31) and tomorrow (4/1).

Al - if PB played Butterfield, I\'d be there...

Quote from: sąikidélik;224829
Yeah i guess, if that\'s your thing. We were more interested on keeping our cheap beer stash plentiful during set break, and trying to hit on cute college girls. But yeah wrestle mania is still cool, right? NOT! Maybe back when ECW still existed, and people wern\'t just being a bunch of hoo haas with a plot. Tell you what, ill go to the next Butterfeild, you go to the next Java barn and we\'ll talk then. Bra

You don\'t get it do you?  I\'m not trashing Java Barn, but you obviously have little respect for Butterfield Hall. It was the site of the first Psychedelic Breakfast show and a total of 9 monumental shows (including 2 that were played at Baker Quad).  Those shows solidified PB/TB and brought in the early fanbase from UMass and the surrounding area (ala - Wolf and Al Z).  We were all college students (or not that far removed) back then, so we can understand "keeping the beer stash plentiful" but it wasn\'t designated to setbreak only.  And yes, there were plenty of cute college girls there (some were even displaced jersey girls)... Is WWE or Wrestlemania cheesy (of course it is), but who didn\'t grow up watching Hulk Hogan, Rowdy Roddy Piper, Macho Man, the Junkyard Dog or the Ultimate Warrior... And was the wrestling on blow up mattresses cheesy, no, it was fun.  When was the last time the band interacted with the fan like that? Anyone?  It may have been in poor taste for me to squeeze my fat ass into red spandex or to drop $150 on a Darth Vader costume.  And it might have been cheesy when two friends dress up like Bluntman and Chronic.  But you know what, we were having fun and those were shows that fans remember and will remember.  Do you think that 5 years from now, fans are going to say "remember that Java Barn show" - I hope they do, but if you weren\'t at any of the Butterfield shows, you can\'t really knock them.

Do a search on Butterfield and look at all the stories posted about that place...

« Last Edit: March 31, 2009, 03:03:07 pm by Yoda »
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

Gfunk

• Papa^
    • http://www.myspace.com/weaksauce603
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2009, 03:50:40 pm »
St00pid to try and compare these 2 venues. Obviously Butterfield has a lot of PB history and will always be the home of the Psychedelic Breakfast. Just peep the lyrics to Honey Butter. The thing is, they no longer have shows there. Java Barn is like the new Butterfield. All you oldschoolers who have fond memories and nostalgia for Butterfield/Baker, GO TO THE NEXT JAVA BARN SHOW. I will even wrestle if you want (no homo).
Facial Hair Would Be So Nice

derickw

• Drunken Garbage Can
    • http://
« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2009, 03:51:11 pm »
who the fuck cares about butterfield or your bullshit theories and ramblings yoda! nobody! your constant NJ banter and living in the past is just that..... the past. sorry you can\'t relive your glory days on the football field but that\'s your choice. you can do whatever you want....
never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you

-. --- .-- / - .... .- - ... / -.. .. -.-. -.-

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2009, 03:58:17 pm »
Okay, so butterfield doesn\'t mean shit anymore... bite me...
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

derickw

• Drunken Garbage Can
    • http://
« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2009, 04:03:16 pm »
it doesn\'t.... they are not PB anymore. the legacy is gone!
never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you

-. --- .-- / - .... .- - ... / -.. .. -.-. -.-

Vassillios

• straight from the gutter
« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2009, 04:33:07 pm »
Quote from: Yoda;224835

So who\'s who in that pic? I see Tim is playing the sg
i think it\'s turning back on me / i\'m down on the upside

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2009, 04:39:13 pm »
dave peck\'s ragin the JUST DO IT shirt and i think yoda is next to him in the yellow.  i thought i saw another one with freddie in it holding up a brew or something along those lines
*Gia*

wildcoyote

• El Cuco
« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2009, 05:03:24 pm »
Anybody notice something about this Java Barn... Maybe that it\'s at a college?  Hey- so was the Butterfield dorm.  Can something be learned here?  No?  Ok. Nevermind then.

DW- Yoda=Al Bundy :lol:
A man who has seen the things I have seen,
experienced the loss and pain I have experienced,
I transcend race, hombre.

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2009, 05:03:45 pm »
If that\'s how you feel about it, then so be it...

To me, PB and TB will always mean the same band (just a different name).

- The band officially changed names on 2/25/04 (press release)
- Nearly 72% of the bands original tunes were written while the band was Psychedelic Breakfast
- With the current line-up since Jordan re-joined the band on 12/19/08, 58% of the tunes written during that era were played; 51% played in the 10 shows this year; 25% played this weekend

If they are not PB anymore, then they should only play songs written as TB with the rare occasion of a PB song.  That would leave you with the following originals:

No Regret, Fresh Cut, Good Things, Psygn, Episode 3, Honey Butter, Surreal Radio, OE, Intension, Future Peek, Tricky Ways, Rust, Tunage, A New Beginning, EE 3&4, The World Needs Us, The Sound, The Message, Rush, Synergy, Living Daylights, Reel Time, Infrequently Asked Questions.

Do you really want to go down that road?  I agree that it\'s not the same band, but to say that the legacy of PB is gone, well, as a fan of the band, you might as well bend over and stick your head up your own ass.

End rant...
« Last Edit: March 31, 2009, 05:10:05 pm by Yoda »

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #40 on: March 31, 2009, 05:11:22 pm »
Quote from: Vassillios;224857
Quote from: Yoda;224835

So who\'s who in that pic? I see Tim is playing the sg

Me = in red in the front of a ponytailed Ron Spears.  Looks like Jocelyn on the left in the dreads/skirt.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2009, 05:23:13 pm by alexanderzurflu »

Gfunk

• Papa^
    • http://www.myspace.com/weaksauce603
« Reply #41 on: March 31, 2009, 05:16:04 pm »
Quote from: wildcoyote;224860
Anybody notice something about this Java Barn... Maybe that it\'s at a college?  Hey- so was the Butterfield dorm.  Can something be learned here?  No?  Ok. Nevermind then.

Kinda the point I was getting at. This band needs to be booked at more hetty colleges!!!!!!!!
Facial Hair Would Be So Nice

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #42 on: March 31, 2009, 05:28:40 pm »
Quote from: Gfunk;224866
Quote from: wildcoyote;224860

Kinda the point I was getting at. This band needs to be booked at more hetty colleges!!!!!!!!

Definitely lots of heady colleges and events to play at in this great land.

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
« Reply #43 on: March 31, 2009, 05:32:21 pm »
UVM, UNH, Keene state
*Gia*

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #44 on: March 31, 2009, 05:34:47 pm »
Quote from: bezerker;224872