Author Topic: Setlist: 2009-03-27 - Westcott Theatre; Syracuse, NY  (Read 7545 times)

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
Setlist: 2009-03-27 - Westcott Theatre; Syracuse, NY
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2009, 09:16:43 am »
Quote from: bezerker;224617
Quote from: sąikidélik;224615
Quote from: bezerker;224613
Quote from: sąikidélik;224611
slack opener, rufus>bequebus. come on. you ser?

newb

At least i went...

at least ive seen at least more than 200 shows than you have, brah.

not too hard when you work for the band. now that you haven\'t been working for the band whats you total show count?
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

peaches626

« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2009, 11:16:33 am »
goooo

TBC\'s all over this place!
taints rule, gypsies drool!

booztravlr

• SHlTTER\'S FULL
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2009, 11:25:47 am »
The only downside to the entire weekend was 10 songs were repeated from the Red Square show last month. Can\'t really complain about most of them though. Hopefully the Westcott > Java Barn run in September will materialize.
Smell my mule.

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2009, 11:46:38 am »
Quote from: booztravlr;224639
Quote from: Yoda;224507
Was TGSOT a complete version w/ drum solo?

They skipped the drum solo and played Born to Run > Ahoy! instead.

Bull-shit.  The only 2 times BTR was actually played with the band (not performing as PB) was at this open-mic thing on my birthday back in 01 or 02 and this guy with a trumpet played the sax parts and at one of the Diesel Experiments at Callahan\'s where Tim almost didn\'t let me sing because I said that Jersey pizza was better and that Sally\'s sucked...  I\'ve been reserved with the Ahoy! thing, so don\'t even get me started...

Quote from: booztravlr;224658
The only downside to the entire weekend was 10 songs were repeated from the Red Square show last month. Can\'t really complain about most of them though. Hopefully the Westcott > Java Barn run in September will materialize.

But it\'s not like 10 songs were repeated in one show essentially giving you the same setlist.  That didn\'t happen.  On Friday you got - CMSS, The Sound, OE, Enchidna, May Fly and Rufus.  And on Saturday you got - Puppetry, TGSOT, Doughboy, Gravity and Drunk Monk... That being said, you\'re area has also been privy to 1/3 of TB\'s shows this year...  And that being said, I know that we share the same birthday, but you basically got the boys in your back-yard for your b-day so, really, explain to me again how there is a downside to the weekend?
« Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 11:46:38 am by Yoda »
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

booztravlr

• SHlTTER\'S FULL
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2009, 11:59:09 am »
Quote from: Yoda;224659

But it\'s not like 10 songs were repeated in one show essentially giving you the same setlist.  That didn\'t happen.  On Friday you got - CMSS, The Sound, OE, Enchidna, May Fly and Rufus.  And on Saturday you got - Puppetry, TGSOT, Doughboy, Gravity and Drunk Monk... That being said, you\'re area has also been privy to 1/3 of TB\'s shows this year...  And that being said, I know that we share the same birthday, but you basically got the boys in your back-yard for your b-day so, really, explain to me again how there is a downside to the weekend?

Give it a rest Yoda, no one cares.
Smell my mule.

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2009, 12:03:40 pm »
Quote from: ChrisF;224634
Quote from: sąikidélik;224633
can we get a breakfast lingo forum started. shits practically its own language.

soy!!

best.post.EVER!
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2009, 12:23:48 pm »

sounds like someone\'s got a case of the peckarichos.  

i don\'t know how i managed to see 3 shows in the past month w/ 0 repeats.

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2009, 04:28:02 pm »
Quote from: sąikidélik;224611
Thats a stupid quetsion. Java barn fuckin destroyed. plus there were a few less bouncers at the barn. and for sure a lot more box. Both set lists were epic but i would still say java wins there. slack opener, rufus>bequebus. come on. you ser?

how is that a stupid question if i wasnt at either show...both setlists look pretty ser
DS Newbers

sąikidélik

• whateva will dangle do ya
    • http://www.myspace.com/bolofmanutoes
« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2009, 04:40:41 pm »
Touche! Both setlist were great shows to have been at but i agree with gfunk, the atmosphere at the java barn was ridiculously more chill, more available ladies, and everyone was satisfied regaurdless if they were team rufus or buquebus. The best part though was probably the drive up to canton and seeing the Amish dude with his horse and buggy galloping toward canton. I bet he was like "Mom, i\'m going to The Breakfast show tonight!" and his mom was like, " fine but your not taking the car." hahaha

Buquebus

• SER breakfast geek
    • http://
« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2009, 07:22:57 pm »
Quote from: sąikidélik;224619
btw does that cute girl who ran the barn post on .info yet?

soy chip, she\'s dating my friend forrest who helps run the indobox
Not sure what is gonna transpire. Regardless, we ain\'t gonna forget the gravy.

frolfer

• breakfast geek
« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2009, 07:46:53 pm »
My anticipation for this weekend had been simmering since New Year\'s, so needless to say, I was psyched. Also, my girl Tina agreed to join me on one of my Breakfast adventures. So nice to have a traveling companion.

I really like the Westcott. A former cinema, the cloth drapes are still on the walls and i wanted to get into the projection booth.

Westcott ale is tasty!

The opening band was jamming funky bitch(I think) when I floated in. Tina was already inside and glowing because the band had weaved a Pixies song into their jam.

The opening set splashed upon us in waves of intensity. Spiraling in the kaleidoscope of Puppetry and galloping alongside the electric gazelles during See the Light.

I did a doubletake and a \'whoa\' with the opening of Harry, and I ponder the beauty of the weave of existence as I look at Tina and around the room and realize this IS the Grand Scheme of Things.

Doughboy!! Jordan owned and pwned and Dangle blasted everything to bits while Adrian was in the pocket and Tim shredded what was left of my brain.

Perfect second setlist for me, on this night. Drunk Monk with Jordo is thee shit!!!

Sweet surprise encore.

Special thanks to Booz for the ultra kind accomodations.

Also, special thanks to all the kind folks we met and/or hung with this weekend: Booz, Klout, Jeff, George, Greg, Todd. I\'m very sorry if I forgot anybody.

Epic times with my favorite band. It doesn\'t get any better!

-bob
Painted wind and sound, sun and all the clouds, oohooh

jocelyn

• Not in charge.
    • http://www.myspace.com/cowwcowboogie
« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2009, 07:50:10 pm »
Love to see that kind of enthusiasm. :D
Masturbation in the MFA

tyzack

• http://
« Reply #42 on: March 31, 2009, 12:32:00 pm »
Tapage?
Apartheid: A policy of segregation and political and economic discrimination.

Gfunk

• Papa^
    • http://www.myspace.com/weaksauce603
« Reply #43 on: March 31, 2009, 03:37:47 pm »
Quote from: tyzack;224822
Tapage?

chipage. I will upload a few clips (ser Grabity jam) when i get around to it but the sound is really distorted and pretty much unlistenable. you just had to be there. all that\'s left is a memory.
Facial Hair Would Be So Nice

Vassillios

• straight from the gutter
« Reply #44 on: March 31, 2009, 04:35:18 pm »
Quote from: Gfunk;224845
Quote from: tyzack;224822
Tapage?

chipage
i think it\'s turning back on me / i\'m down on the upside