Author Topic: Setlist: 2009-03-14 - The Warehouse; Hartford, CT  (Read 39056 times)

snwckgtr

• aka snickerdoodle
Setlist: 2009-03-14 - The Warehouse; Hartford, CT
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2009, 07:22:06 pm »
great show, great venue, great lights, great everything.  

nobody mentioned it specifically, but i think that\'s the best honey butter i\'ve heard (let me know of any better...).  and yes......tribal and mooboos were amazing.

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2009, 07:41:01 pm »
the bar there was horrible. only beer was what they had on tap, no guiness, no new castle, nothing dark whatsoever. elisa said the only vodka they had was absolute. Didn\'t even risk asking them wine. Their loss, I had money, it stayed in my pocket. I\'d rather stay sober than drink piss water. Also, they were not letting people leave the venue at all. Matt was able to "run out to my car at the bands request because I needed to get more equipment" and Alexi told the doorman he wanted to go to his car to "get more money" which they allowed. Other than that it seems like it was the gated smoking section or stay inside.
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

FrankZappa

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2009, 07:47:00 pm »
Quote from: galenas;223069
i gave up the breakfast for lent.

sacrilege!
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

wildcoyote

• El Cuco
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2009, 08:14:04 pm »
Quote from: FrankZappa;223135
the bar there was horrible. only beer was what they had on tap, no guiness, no new castle, nothing dark whatsoever.

Yes. The only flaw of the venue, but a major one. Complained about it to all who would listen.

Their loss, I had money, it stayed in my pocket. I\'d rather stay sober than drink piss water.

Wish I had that self control.
A man who has seen the things I have seen,
experienced the loss and pain I have experienced,
I transcend race, hombre.

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2009, 08:38:07 pm »
long trail is not piss water
*Gia*

FrankZappa

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2009, 08:53:06 pm »
to each his own.

in other news, i\'ll redo this if I find better audio (for anyone who didn\'t believe it about the bass in that place this should prove it), but for now:

kicking daisies, are you gonna go my way:
http://www.youtube.com/v/AEHOzM_lfg0&hl=en&fs=1">http://www.youtube.com/v/AEHOzM_lfg0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">

I have most of the beatles also but I\'ll wait off on those

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2009, 09:08:37 pm »
forgot to mention kickin daisies rip.  could not believe the guitar solo the dark haired kid shredded.  they are definitely going places
*Gia*

oldnewbie

• it\'s recreational...
    • http://
« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2009, 09:27:37 pm »
Quote from: LBoogie;223130
damn duane...thats a bit harsh :)  guess brutal honesty comes with the age

no....that\'s what the owner told me after the show. called them a "sully\'s band".

spance

• ride
« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2009, 09:37:30 pm »
Quote from: snwckgtr;223132
great show, great venue, great lights, great everything.  

nobody mentioned it specifically, but i think that\'s the best honey butter i\'ve heard (let me know of any better...).  and yes......tribal and mooboos were amazing.

It most certainly was the longest I ever heard....felt like 20 minutes.
I\'m gonna break the speed of sound with my silver bullet!!

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2009, 09:39:34 pm »
Quote from: oldnewbie;223149

no....that\'s what the owner told me after the show. called them a "sully\'s band".

i agreed with duane\'s original post.  but damn that sucks he chose those actual words to describe the outcome
*Gia*

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2009, 09:50:27 pm »
the bar there was horrible. only beer was what they had on tap, no guiness, no new castle, nothing dark whatsoever. elisa said the only vodka they had was absolute. Didn\'t even risk asking them wine. Their loss, I had money, it stayed in my pocket. I\'d rather stay sober than drink piss water. Also, they were not letting people leave the venue at all. Matt was able to "run out to my car at the bands request because I needed to get more equipment" and Alexi told the doorman he wanted to go to his car to "get more money" which they allowed. Other than that it seems like it was the gated smoking section or stay inside.

They had 3 different Hooker beers on tap, each of which was pretty good.  But on the other hand you\'re completely right, the mix is very poor and undoubtedly costs them dearly.  They have the room totally setup right for sound, lights, and comfort.  But they\'re completely screwing up alcohol sales.  I think any of us could take over the bar manager role there and double their liquor revenue overnight.  

Well anyhow, I\'m glad this show happened because since seeing the New Deal PACK the Warehouse a few weeks ago, I was of course thinking about how I would love to see The Breakfast there.  I hope they can headline the main room again.  Or if they played the side room while some other good band packs the front room, it could be an amazing night.

FrankZappa

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2009, 09:53:59 pm »
I\'ll be honest, I wasn\'t that impressed with the venue.

for example; saturday night, the only ones there were like 6 people who came to see the other band in the side room or breakfast people. So um, where were all the regulars? It would be interesting to see what that place is like on a night when there isn\'t a band playing. plus it\'s in a crappy part of town (no offense sullys), and the awesome lighting rig that everyone loved is being rented from another band, which means whenever they tour there is nothing but a couple of color cans in there.

Kaliguitar

« Reply #42 on: March 15, 2009, 09:56:47 pm »
Thank you to The Breakfast for inviting KICKING DAISIES to open for them.  Not only did they have fun playing but I think some lives changed later that night.  I literally had to drag the kids out of the place at 1:15AM....(Todd saw me)  The kids were up front dancing to the awesome tunage!!  What an education they got.  All they talked about today was last night.  Duane...thanks for the CD....Duran almost cried when he got it.  

The KD\'s are playing Daniel St. on April 5th at 3pm for anyone who wants to bring their kids.  It\'s almost sold out so let me know.

Thanks to all who checked out the band.

Mamalakabubadaya

« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2009, 12:18:13 am »
yeeeah yeah not the best turnout, but a stellar show nonetheless. i probably could have done without the score encore, but whatevs. great to see save spears and dangle both throwing it down on stage together!

Quote from: snwckgtr;223132
tribal and mooboos were amazing.

^^^^^^
definitely highlights for me

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #44 on: March 16, 2009, 02:31:16 am »
Quote from: oldnewbie;223149

OOF!!! Soooooooooorry CHIP!
Man that\'s a bummer.

Over the phone it sure seemed rowdy as all get out. At least the front row was raging!

Quote from: bezerker;223103

Quote from: leith;223095
Listening to Slipknot! now by Tickler\'s celly. sick!
Listened to the Intension via Fitz it was ser indeed! He texted me that Save AND Dangle were both on Bass for Intension!

Holy Shit! right into MOOBOO\'S! FUUUUCK!!!!!!!!!!
This is soooooooo sick! thank you Todd!

E:SCORE!

Ellis on lights tonight also.
Sounds like a pretty SER time!

seriously leith, what did your boys panda guerilla squad reminisce about tonight ?

Oh probably how cool it is they are playing the Rothbury Festival this year.

Quote from: Kaliguitar;223155
Thank you to The Breakfast for inviting KICKING DAISIES to open for them.  Not only did they have fun playing but I think some lives changed later that night.  I literally had to drag the kids out of the place at 1:15AM....(Todd saw me)  The kids were up front dancing to the awesome tunage!!  What an education they got.  All they talked about today was last night.  Duane...thanks for the CD....Duran almost cried when he got it.  

The KD\'s are playing Daniel St. on April 5th at 3pm for anyone who wants to bring their kids.  It\'s almost sold out so let me know.

Thanks to all who checked out the band.

Nice Work there. Keep it up.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2009, 02:31:16 am by leith »
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.