Author Topic: Westcott Theater; Syracuse, NY  (Read 5783 times)

booztravlr

• SHlTTER\'S FULL
Westcott Theater; Syracuse, NY
« on: February 25, 2009, 02:37:36 pm »
2 night run is official! [2nd night is the Java Barn in Canton on Saturday, 28th]

Friday, March 27th, Westcott Theater; Syracuse, NY

It\'s been over a year since they\'ve played Syracuse. They\'re moving on up from the Mezzanotte Lounge so it\'s important to fill this place out. Charlie Hunter Trio is also playing there on Thursday, March 26th so I\'ll make sure to pass out a ton of promo discs throughout the night.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 03:12:57 pm by booztravlr »
Smell my mule.

Gfunk

• Papa^
    • http://www.myspace.com/weaksauce603
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2009, 02:45:12 pm »
movin\' on up
Facial Hair Would Be So Nice

thatguy

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2009, 02:46:16 pm »
thanx booz!

inthewhitelodge

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2009, 03:52:39 pm »
Quote from: thatguy;221009
it is brah!i love upstate...sorry

We upstate love you too Manimal!
"When I hold you, I hold everything that is-- swans, volcanoes, river rocks, maple trees drinking the fragrance of the moon, bread that the fire adores. In your life I see everything that lives."- Pablo Neruda:wave:

galenas

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2009, 08:21:27 pm »
new press photo, huh? it\'s coming up blurry from the westcott page, but looks nice. got any links? or posts?

FieryBill

• People Party Coast2Coast
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2009, 08:38:23 pm »
Already got a ticket, see ya there....

Rujah

• team digest
    • http://
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2009, 09:57:00 pm »
Might hit up this two night run. Definitely want too. I\'ll at least make one, probably the Java Barn

booz or any other TRBers got a place nearby for me to crash Friday and/or Saturday night?
Merge futhermucker just you merge You futhermucker merge merge futhermucker now

You can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug, especially when its waving a razor sharp hunting knife in your eye - Raoul duke - Hunter S. Thompson, Fear&Loathing

Gimme breakfast..................

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2009, 10:36:56 pm »
fuck this might be the weekend im going to smuggs...ill keep you posted but i dont want to miss this one
DS Newbers

ulee

• Psygned in
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2009, 09:06:57 am »
galenas, where did you find the new photo?  I couldn\'t see one on the venue website

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2009, 09:56:07 am »
anyone know how big this room is ?  they got some pretty big bands on the schedule.  either way i can\'t wait to drive 5 hours to rage it ! syracuse is always a blast
*Gia*

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2009, 10:33:00 am »
Quote from: ulee;221208
galenas, where did you find the new photo?  I couldn\'t see one on the venue website

facebook, yo!

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2009, 04:34:37 pm »
Quote from: davepeck;221232
Quote from: ulee;221208

facebook, yo!

nice now they\'re up from a 100X100 pixel picture to a 200X300 pixel one.  its all uphill from here!
DS Newbers

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
    • http://www.myspace.com/klout
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2009, 06:45:57 pm »
Annnnyway, this a VERY ser gig and ser biz venue.   It is honestly as good of a venue as I have ever seen them in. It has an 700 person capacity, a good stage, and a big sound system.  Clear line of sight and good sound everywhere in the room. It is in college town and has the potential to bring in 300+ locals on a friday night. Magic Hat on tap, loose security, food and bars right outside, and the crowds are a huge mix of people and everyone gets down.   Shows start at 10-10:30 aand can go as late as 2, but bfast should be able to rage two fat sets and maybe an encore.

This is a great gig and great opportunity for the band to win a lot of new fans and establish themselves in a new and already well known venue and market that can be very prosperous for a long time and it will be a great time for everyone in attendance!

I really hope EVERYONE can make it out for this show.  If they kill it and draw a good crowd it will be a huge success and step up for them.  Seriously folks, this a pretty big opportunity. If you ever felt like driving a little extra to see a sick show and support the guys in an awesome venue this is it!

Cant wait!
« Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 12:47:17 am by Klout »

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2009, 12:25:31 am »
Quote from: Klout;221350

This a VERY ser gig.  Look at the other bands who play this place.  It as good of a venue as I have ever seen them in. It has an 800 person capacity, a great stage, and big sound system.  It is in the heart of college town and has the potential to bring in 300+ locals on a friday night.

This is a great gig and great opportunity for the band to win new fans and establish themselves in a venue and market that can be very prosperous for a long time and it will be a great time for everyone in attendance.

Cant wait!

Hmmm 800 person venue for The Breakfast. Yeah sounds like a real ser gig until the place is only a 1/4 full halfway through their set.
I hope they have an opening band that pulls.
Perfect chance to back up all the upstate claims of fan serness for sure.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
    • http://www.myspace.com/klout
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2009, 01:02:06 am »
Leith its a good gig. they are not going to sell the place out.  But official capacity is actually 700 and they could definitely pull half that at this place with the colleges, local crowd and ser heads without an opener and that would be a huge success and something worth rooting and trying for.

But even if they did and it was taped and sick as hell I am sure you and your and butt buddy yoda would still find something to be negative about. sheesh.