Author Topic: 2009-10 NFL Thread  (Read 17345 times)

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
2009-10 NFL Thread
« Reply #150 on: January 26, 2010, 10:03:13 am »
Quote from: FrankZappa;251456
Credit Billboard

The Who\'s Pete Townshend has revealed that the band\'s upcoming Super Bowl halftime performance will feature a "compact medley" of their signature classic-rock anthems.

"We\'re kinda doing a mashup of stuff," the guitarist tells Billboard. "A bit of \'Baba O\'Riley,\' a bit of \'Pinball Wizard,\' a bit of the close of \'Tommy,\' a bit of \'Who Are You,\' and a bit of \'Won\'t Get Fooled Again.\' It works -- it\'s quite a saga. A lot of the stuff that we do has that kind of celebratory vibe about it -- we\'ve always tried to make music that allows the audience to go a bit wild if they want to. Hopefully it will hit the spot."

The annual Super Bowl half time concert has become one of rock\'s highest profile gigs, with U2, Bruce Springsteen, Tom Petty, Prince, the Rolling Stones and Paul McCartney each taking the stage in recent years. The medley format is not unusual for artists with such a deep catalogue - Springsteen and Prince took a similar approach.

I\'ll be interested to see the show, but The Who = Townshend, Daltrey, Entwistle & Moon... You can even go as far as to say the band existed w/ Ringo Jr. on drums, but now it\'s Townshend/Daltrey... It\'s far from The Who... They could do a double billed tour w/ Plant/Page...
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
2009-10 NFL Thread
« Reply #151 on: January 26, 2010, 12:56:31 pm »
Yeah it\'s a travesty calling it The Who.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

ChrisPitch

• Hell of a Life
    • http://
2009-10 NFL Thread
« Reply #152 on: February 03, 2010, 03:03:08 pm »
Colts 34, Saints 24

MVP: Wayne

booztravlr

• SHlTTER\'S FULL
2009-10 NFL Thread
« Reply #153 on: February 05, 2010, 12:27:54 pm »
Quote from: ChrisPitch;251969
Colts 34, Saints 24

MVP: Wayne

I like the way you think! If the Colts can limit damage on special teams, I think Peyton\'s ability and the speed of the Colts defense take care of business by double digits. I just really hope they don\'t let up a kickoff/punt return or an interception for a TD. It didn\'t hurt them last time against the Bears but the Saints are obviously a lot better than them. My vote for MVP goes to Dallas Clark. DC is the man!
Smell my mule.

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
2009-10 NFL Thread
« Reply #154 on: February 05, 2010, 02:21:29 pm »
watching highlights the last few days of the bears/colts SB is painful. i agree, the saints are a much better team than the bears were. we had the worst QB in SB history, and our secondary became more and more incompetent as the season wore on.

i want the saints to win, but if the colts win i take down $480 straight away from my 19-point pool. kind of a win-win i guess. not gonna lie im much more concerned with winning a square this year than really caring who wins. i just hope the game has as exciting a finish as the last two.
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
2009-10 NFL Thread
« Reply #155 on: February 05, 2010, 03:15:51 pm »
For anyone who wants to get in on squares action, they\'re $5 each or 5 for $20.  Donate here to pay  http://www.active.com/donate/boston10newengland/SethWolfman

and I\'ll send you your numbers before the game!

Oh yeah, Saints 31, Colts 28

mvallo

2009-10 NFL Thread
« Reply #156 on: February 05, 2010, 05:19:31 pm »
colts 27, saints 13

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
2009-10 NFL Thread
« Reply #157 on: February 08, 2010, 08:53:09 am »
yesterday proved the tom brady was without a doubt the best quarteback of the century.
*Gia*

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
2009-10 NFL Thread
« Reply #158 on: February 08, 2010, 09:41:56 am »
Quote from: bezerker;252225
yesterday proved the tom brady was without a doubt the best quarteback of the century.

How so?

If anything, yesterday proved that Drew Brees is a phenomenal quarterback. He had to beat Kurt Warner, Brett Favre and Payton Manning to bring the Super Bowl Trophy to New Orleans. Drew Brees had a fantastic game.

While I am a Patriots fan and do believe that Tom Brady is a great quarterback and certainly worthy of all the accolades and of Hall of Fame career.

Yesterday, proved that the Saints were the best team in the NFL this season.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

Drew_Kingsley

• Your busted
    • http://www.goleopards.com
2009-10 NFL Thread
« Reply #159 on: February 08, 2010, 11:21:28 am »

This century? Still 90 years for this to not be true.
Last century? Brady was is college.
Last 100 years? Joe Montana and Terry Bradshaw both went 4-0 in Super Bowls.

Your statement is flawed on three different levels.

By the way, if you\'re ever looking for a reason why sports analyst is a bullshit job, consider the following:

Jim Caldwell is currently getting blasted by the media for attempting a 50+ yard field goal with a 17-16 lead in the fourth quarter. Meanwhile, Sean Payton is getting praised for his onside kick attempt.

If Stover hits the field goal, or Indianapolis recovers the onside kick and scored to take a 17-6 lead, Sean Payton is an idiot and Jim Caldwell is a Super Bowl Champion.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 11:21:28 am by Drew_Kingsley »
Go see your Breakfast, there are starving Leiths in California

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
2009-10 NFL Thread
« Reply #160 on: February 08, 2010, 11:50:31 am »
Quote from: Drew_Kingsley;252229

This century? Still 90 years for this to not be true.
Last century? Brady was is college.
Last 100 years? Joe Montana and Terry Bradshaw both went 4-0 in Super Bowls.

Your statement is flawed on three different levels.

By the way, if you\'re ever looking for a reason why sports analyst is a bullshit job, consider the following:

Jim Caldwell is currently getting blasted by the media for attempting a 50+ yard field goal with a 17-16 lead in the fourth quarter. Meanwhile, Sean Payton is getting praised for his onside kick attempt.

If Stover hits the field goal, or Indianapolis recovers the onside kick and scored to take a 17-6 lead, Sean Payton is an idiot and Jim Caldwell is a Super Bowl Champion.

sorry i meant DECADE
*Gia*

Drew_Kingsley

• Your busted
    • http://www.goleopards.com
2009-10 NFL Thread
« Reply #161 on: February 08, 2010, 01:39:55 pm »
Quote from: bezerker;252234
sorry i meant DECADE

In that case, I agree... not with the "without a doubt" part, but with the general premise. I would still take Peyton over Brady, but I would definitely take three Super Bowls over three MVP awards.
Go see your Breakfast, there are starving Leiths in California

booztravlr

• SHlTTER\'S FULL
2009-10 NFL Thread
« Reply #162 on: February 15, 2010, 02:14:56 pm »
Quote from: booztravlr;252127
I just really hope they don\'t let up a kickoff/punt return or an interception for a TD. It didn\'t hurt them last time against the Bears but the Saints are obviously a lot better than them.

Self-chipped. The Saints just wanted it more so they deserved to win.

Man, the Tyree catch...then Holmes toeing the end zone...now the onside kick. Quite some memorable Superbowl moments the last few years.
Smell my mule.