Author Topic: 2009-10 NFL Thread  (Read 17342 times)

Vassillios

• straight from the gutter
2009-10 NFL Thread
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2009, 02:47:45 pm »
and TO to the Bills...
i think it\'s turning back on me / i\'m down on the upside

jking

• thanks!!
    • http://
2009-10 NFL Thread
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2009, 03:39:59 pm »
i\'m pretty surprised, i figured the skins would\'ve paid a couple hundo millions for TO, just, you know, because that\'s how dan snyder likes to ruin his teams...

wildcoyote

• El Cuco
2009-10 NFL Thread
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2009, 10:24:41 am »
The Giants should pick up Matt Jones.  This latest bit trouble is nothing.  He\'d fill Plax\'s role better than anyone available.

The Jets are insane if they don\'t try to get Cutler.  He\'s Brett Favre with out the old.
A man who has seen the things I have seen,
experienced the loss and pain I have experienced,
I transcend race, hombre.

NickNels

• \"That\'s a Deeeewwwww!\"
2009-10 NFL Thread
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2009, 04:15:43 pm »
49\'ers pay attention:

Free agent Jeff George says if he was on the Vikings, he "guarantee(s) (he) would be wearing a ring right now."

He just won\'t let it go. "It just amazes me that I’m not on somebody’s roster," the 41-year-old said. "You can’t tell me I’m not better than some of the QBs that are out there. I look at teams like Minnesota or Chicago, and I want to scream at the people in charge, ‘What are you thinking?\'" George is throwing and staying in shape, but seems unlikely to get a call this offseason.
"After some fun times, Luke spacedocked Marissa."

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
2009-10 NFL Thread
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2009, 05:12:32 pm »
Quote from: NickNels;224455
49\'ers pay attention:

Free agent Jeff George says if he was on the Vikings, he "guarantee(s) (he) would be wearing a ring right now."

He just won\'t let it go. "It just amazes me that I’m not on somebody’s roster," the 41-year-old said. "You can’t tell me I’m not better than some of the QBs that are out there. I look at teams like Minnesota or Chicago, and I want to scream at the people in charge, ‘What are you thinking?\'" George is throwing and staying in shape, but seems unlikely to get a call this offseason.

please...we\'ve got a three-headed monster in shaun hill/alex smith/damon huard
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor

ChrisPitch

• Hell of a Life
2009-10 NFL Thread
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2009, 05:28:57 pm »
Great. With the 18-game schedule that Goodell is proposing, George could throw 30 interceptions in a season instead of the usual 20.

By the way, I think Goodell\'s proposal of extending the regular season could be the dumbest thing I\'ve ever heard about in sports. Well, not as dumb as the World Baseball Classic or having the All-Star Game decide home field in the World Series, but close.

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
2009-10 NFL Thread
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2009, 02:00:13 am »
It\'s 2007 all over again kidz.  Patriots will be running up scores and leaving a smoldering trail of destruction in their wake.  19-0, 19 to go.  Look out.

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
2009-10 NFL Thread
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2009, 08:42:54 pm »
Quote from: Wolfman;224476
It\'s 2007 all over again kidz.  Patriots will be running up scores and leaving a smoldering trail of destruction in their wake.  19-0, 19 to go.  Look out.

is there some alternate 2007 in your brain, wolfy?

in other, more important news (ie 49er news), isaac bruce is returning and jay cutler is on the trading block. i hope to god we get this guy. i don\'t care if he\'s perceived as whiney -- he\'s talented. this is a quarterback\'s league (yeah it\'s cliche...but it\'s still true). without an elite (read: all decade) defense you can\'t be truly successful without a top tier quarterback. very limited supply and he\'s available. definitely worth our #10 overall pick. i wouldn\'t want to make a herschel walker-type trade to acquire him, but seeing that a 1st round qb is a 50/50 shot (at best), he\'s absolutely worth the minor gamble. singletary\'s a straight shooter...he\'d let him know what\'s what. we\'ve bolstered out line with marvel smith, and we\'ve trimmed some of the fat on defense. a cutler trade would push us from the mediocre level right to the playoff level.

unless of course, the browns trade for him....

tyzack

2009-10 NFL Thread
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2009, 08:09:35 am »

[not going to jinx anything by calling a bean-town championship sweep on 08/09]
Apartheid: A policy of segregation and political and economic discrimination.

NickNels

• \"That\'s a Deeeewwwww!\"
2009-10 NFL Thread
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2009, 08:59:01 am »
Quote from: zuke583;225169

in other, more important news (ie 49er news), isaac bruce is returning and jay cutler is on the trading block. i hope to god we get this guy. i don\'t care if he\'s perceived as whiney -- he\'s talented. this is a quarterback\'s league (yeah it\'s cliche...but it\'s still true). without an elite (read: all decade) defense you can\'t be truly successful without a top tier quarterback. very limited supply and he\'s available. definitely worth our #10 overall pick. i wouldn\'t want to make a herschel walker-type trade to acquire him, but seeing that a 1st round qb is a 50/50 shot (at best), he\'s absolutely worth the minor gamble. singletary\'s a straight shooter...he\'d let him know what\'s what. we\'ve bolstered out line with marvel smith, and we\'ve trimmed some of the fat on defense. a cutler trade would push us from the mediocre level right to the playoff level.

i thought we already covered which QB the 49\'ers should be going after
"After some fun times, Luke spacedocked Marissa."

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
2009-10 NFL Thread
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2009, 11:04:02 am »
Quote from: NickNels;225210
Quote from: zuke583;225169

i thought we already covered which QB the 49\'ers should be going after

mega joe montana?

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
2009-10 NFL Thread
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2009, 06:13:27 pm »
looks like da bears got cutler...gave up a bunch for him too. don\'t know if i would want to give up two #1 picks and a #3 pick (and orton) for him

wildcoyote

• El Cuco
2009-10 NFL Thread
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2009, 04:12:40 pm »
Giants cut Plax.  This means A) They are certain he will do prison time and miss some if not all of this season.  B) They\'re real close on Braylon Edwards or Anquan Boldin.  

Still say they should grab Matt Jones.
A man who has seen the things I have seen,
experienced the loss and pain I have experienced,
I transcend race, hombre.

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
2009-10 NFL Thread
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2009, 08:40:18 pm »
Quote from: tyzack;225207

[not going to jinx anything by calling a bean-town championship sweep on 08/09]

Tell you what, it\'s really not out of the question at all for Boston to win all 4 pro championships this year (Super Bowl technically in \'10).  Although I have no idea how the Celtics are getting past the Cavs.  But that\'s for another thread.  Give me 3:1 odds that at least 2 Boston teams win championships this year and I\'ll throw down a $100 bet right now.

Rujah

• team digest
2009-10 NFL Thread
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2009, 08:54:48 pm »
Quote from: zuke583;225319
looks like da bears got cutler...gave up a bunch for him too. don\'t know if i would want to give up two #1 picks and a #3 pick (and orton) for him

I fucking hate Da Bears. Now, I hate Jay Cutler. As a Lions fan, I sure as well would have given up our No. 1 or No. 20 for Cutler any day.
Merge futhermucker just you merge You futhermucker merge merge futhermucker now

You can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug, especially when its waving a razor sharp hunting knife in your eye - Raoul duke - Hunter S. Thompson, Fear&Loathing

Gimme breakfast..................