Author Topic: I\'m running against Crohn\'s and Colitis...  (Read 2556 times)

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
I\'m running against Crohn\'s and Colitis...
« on: February 24, 2009, 01:42:08 am »
Hello everyone!  Two shows this weekend, can\'t wait!        

I am currently fundraising with the Crohn\'s and Colitis Foundation of America and training for the Napa to Sonoma Half Marathon in July. I also volunteer as a camp counselor for kids with the diseases at CCFA\'s Camp Oasis.  I became a patient myself last year.

There\'s no cure right now but I hope to beat it this way.

I am only asking for $10 from everyone. If you can give more that\'s great, but this is all I am asking. My goal is pretty huge, but if everyone gives $10 I can reach it.

Please visit my site to contribute.  Also feel free to pass this message and link on to anyone you think might be interested.  Thanks for your consideration and I hope all is well with you! Thank you!

-Seth
http://www.active.com/donate/napa09newengland/SethWolfman

Here are some pics of my campers at Camp Oasis last summer.  All campers and staff are patients and have an amazing week.  Your contribution helps to fund camp!  

mvallo

« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2009, 07:14:29 am »
I put In $10.  Good luck!!

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2009, 08:07:42 am »
I\'m pretty sure Jeff from pearl jam has chron\'s.
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2009, 08:39:53 am »
He does... Wolf, I\'ll hit you up on FB...
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

jking

• thanks!!
    • http://
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2009, 08:44:23 am »
Donated. As someone with Crohn\'s, THANKS, Seth!! I\'ll be passing your link around!

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2009, 09:39:17 am »
Quote from: FrankZappa;220663
I\'m pretty sure Jeff from pearl jam has chron\'s.

Quote from: Yoda;220669
He does... Wolf, I\'ll hit you up on FB...

mike does, yes.

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2009, 09:43:14 am »
Thanks for the correction dave... I knew that one of them did... That being said, so does my brother-in-law, he had half his stomach cut out...
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

peaches626

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2009, 11:35:34 am »
wolfman, when i have my $ day i will support this cause. crohn\'s has caused some ser pain for a friend of mine his whole life- multiple surgeries/different prescribed medications that didn\'t work....

run wolf run
taints rule, gypsies drool!

jocelyn

• Not in charge.
    • http://www.myspace.com/cowwcowboogie
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2009, 12:31:51 pm »
Proud of you for doing this Seth.
Masturbation in the MFA

inthewhitelodge

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2009, 06:54:35 pm »
Yay Wolf! Run like the wind
"When I hold you, I hold everything that is-- swans, volcanoes, river rocks, maple trees drinking the fragrance of the moon, bread that the fire adores. In your life I see everything that lives."- Pablo Neruda:wave:

SkyePrizm

• separator
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2009, 07:50:55 pm »
I got the link on FB.  I\'ll definitely donate this week after payday.  :)

Mamalakabubadaya

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2009, 11:21:46 pm »
Quote from: jocelyn;220723
Proud of you for doing this Seth.

:that:

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2009, 12:45:54 am »
Quote from: Wolfman;220655

I am currently fundraising with the Crohn\'s and Colitis Foundation of America and training for the Napa to Sonoma Half Marathon in July.

Are you gonna come out for more than a day this year so I can take you out on the town?
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2009, 08:53:42 am »
Hi everyone!  Training update for the marathon for a cure!

It’s been a great first month of training and fundraising for the Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation.  I have to say, the BFam turnout has been incredible so far.  I am floored.  A lot of you have donated, so thank you! For those that were thinking about it, I hope I can get your support in the next two weeks. The list of donors is on the web page, check it out!

I am working towards two challenging goals right now: The first is to be at $4,500 raised by April 17th. This is the date where I must recommit to the race and I will become liable for every dollar I am short if I don’t reach the full goal by race day. So I’d feel a lot better if I were done by then!

I know the economy is lousy right now, so I am just asking everyone to give as generously as possible, no donation too small. Every donation counts. And don’t forget it’s tax-deductible.

The second goal is to run the Napa to Sonoma half marathon in under 1h:45m. (That’s an 8:00/mile pace over 13.1 miles for all you runners out there.) I ran this same race in 1:55 last year, so taking off 10 minutes is a huge step up in pace. It’s not going to be easy. It will take a lot of training and Blubladanian gumption to pull this off, but I am determined to do it and am going hard. I ran 7 miles on pace with the team this week, now I just have to be able to do that twice in a row.

Thanks again to everyone who has donated, and to those on the fence, now is the time to jump in.  Thank you!

Yours,

~Seth

(If you know anyone who is affected by IBD or might be interested for any reason, feel free to forward them this message or post the link!)  

Crohn’s Disease and ulcerative colitis, collectively known is irritable bowel disease (IBD), affect 1.5 million Americans. Though the diseases are rare, chances are you know someone who is a patient. There is no cure for either. These diseases are chronic, recurring inflammations and/or failures of parts of the digestive system, that can make life extremely awkward and painful. They also can lead to other severe complications. Your donation supports the CCFA and their mission to find a cure for these diseases. The research they do has led to the development of many new drugs that are available now to help control the diseases as best as possible. The CCFA also runs other programs such as Camp Oasis, a free summer camp for children with IBD. Together we can get closer to finding a cure and removing these devastating diseases from our world.

jking

• thanks!!
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2009, 09:54:02 am »
donated again. and i\'ll send it around again. thanks, seth!!