Author Topic: Setlist: 2009-02-21 - Red Square; Albany, NY  (Read 20683 times)

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
Setlist: 2009-02-21 - Red Square; Albany, NY
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2009, 04:51:51 pm »
Quote from: ellis-d;220607
Absolutely SER! I dont have anything that can really give this show justice. Its very bittersweet being in my position but I will say that raging with my old school TRB crew was a great experience. As for taping shows, i hope theres never a taped show again because they are always the best ones and maybe some of you lazy fucks will start coming to shows. There was almost no Ct heads and thst was very dissappointing. The band isnt playing that much so you guys should really be making the effort to support em when they do play. The only way theyre gonna play more is if they make more money and the only way that happens is if people come to shows.

Shouldn\'t you be eating a d somewhere, broseph?
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2009, 05:00:01 pm »
can all reviews be prefaced with what drug you were using at the show? it would be very helpful
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2009, 05:11:38 pm »
we all know what ellis was on, and i was only on alcohol
DS Newbers

Mark

• Ser PB Fan
    • http://
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2009, 05:15:25 pm »
Not only was this not taped, there was about 5 people there besides me and Ev:

February 15th, 2001            The Snow Barn            West Dover, VT

I: Jam > Memory of a Free Festival > LDZ > Puppetry, What the Funk > Transcendental Meditation >
    Tribal Funk Affliction, The Chase, Sunshine of Your Love > No Glove No Love

II: See the Light* > The Vermont Song*, I\'m the Slime > Phaddy Boom Baddy, Drunk Monk Bar >
     Chameleon > Drum Solo, Beat Box > Superfly Phaddy Fat > Gypsy Girl* > Son of Simpleton*,
     Roadhouse Blues*
* with Brian on Percussion
"Anyone who knows a god damn thing about this band and has been there as long as some of us have, know god damn well that this show was something special." Ren re: Toads 8/23/07

thatguy

« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2009, 05:18:57 pm »
i don\'t remember that that show.....omg i probably don\'t remember half the shit we have done!

inthewhitelodge

« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2009, 07:30:08 pm »
I think that the real reason we all have that show-born immense energy is that we physically and spiritually can connect to the highs and lows of the eternal sound sphere, easily interpreted without mind altering substances. This band throws the expansion in your mind with no strings attached. Each segue like an orgasm into another rebirth! Spiritually speaking, shows like this are like going to the best kind of church.

Ya\'ll are right, the heart grows fonder when the taper is absent. Get to any and all shows possible. I had those "aha" moments all night just looking over at all of your smiling agreeing faces. Thanks not only to the band, but to all of you you made this a true family experience!
"When I hold you, I hold everything that is-- swans, volcanoes, river rocks, maple trees drinking the fragrance of the moon, bread that the fire adores. In your life I see everything that lives."- Pablo Neruda:wave:

dredmonkey

• yougotiigotyou
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2009, 09:22:36 pm »
once again I wrote in my original post about the amazing tunage transition, it was so fucking sick.  as was the transition into vermont song.  i asked timmy how long before next set and he said make it quick, which we did and we still missed metropolis, i still feel shitty about it.  I was the asshole yelling mooboos for awhile, but luckily not the only one.  I also do have to say it may be my fav, def one of the best.

o yeah did anyone have the southern tier chocolate stout, that shit was serious.  We were  drinking them after the show, and by drinking i mean sipping, they were fucking strong.  Once on the road i bought like 4 twelve packs of southern tier to sell at a show and ended drinking them all by my lonesome.  One reason i love red sqare, delicious, delicious beer
« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 09:22:36 pm by dredmonkey »

Ren

• what?
« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2009, 10:07:00 pm »
It doesn\'t matter what you\'re on.  It would\'ve felt the same either way, you know that, brrr-ah.  There\'s times I\'ve been completely sober and the music has made me feel like I wasn\'t.  Music, for me, is the most intoxicating drug out there.  I honestly have no idea where I\'d be without it...

...and booztravlr, my name is Ren.
"...someone\'s toying with us, Mr. Bravo, and no one makes a Sit N\' Spin out of Adam West..."

cannontrip

• breakfast greek
  • ʻāwikiwiki
    • b'fastin
Ser Grinage
« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2009, 07:54:08 am »
Memorable experience for sure.
Maybe 2 nights @ Red Square in the spring?  :bounce2:

on taping...
Not taping a show makes it more special for those who attend, on the other hand taping shows like this will bring more (new) fans to breakfast shows.
Double-edged sword:  more shows & bigger venues vs. underground tightness.
I think PB could play to larger crowds without losing their uniqueness.
Regardless I can\'t freakin\' wait for the next show!
« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 07:54:08 am by cannontrip »
♥♫∞

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2009, 08:12:44 am »
^^
If by not taping making shows special in a "slowly fading memories" kinda way..
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #40 on: February 24, 2009, 09:15:23 am »
Quote from: cannontrip;220660
Memorable experience for sure.on taping...
Not taping a show makes it more special for those who attend, on the other hand taping shows like this will bring more (new) fans to breakfast shows.QUOTE]

I\'m shaking my head... How does not taping a show make it more special for the people that were there?  Because it won\'t be shared with anyone else?  Hearing a recorded show after the fact pales in comparison to the live experience.  And yes, taping helps bring in new fans, but it also helps any fan who cannot make it to the show (for whatever reason) stay current on what the band is doing.  I am in no way knocking the tapers for TB for not recording this show; they know who they are and I hope they know that they are highly appreciated.
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

NickNels

• \"That\'s a Deeeewwwww!\"
« Reply #41 on: February 24, 2009, 09:17:53 am »
if you can\'t make it to a show in person you shouldn\'t be able to listen to it ever.

Sorry that\'s just the way i feel.
"After some fun times, Luke spacedocked Marissa."

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #42 on: February 24, 2009, 09:23:47 am »
Quote from: NickNels;220679
if you can\'t make it to a show in person you shouldn\'t be able to listen to it ever.

Even if you did go to the show, you should never be able to listen to it again.

Taping is sooooooooooo overrated.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #43 on: February 24, 2009, 09:32:51 am »

Okay, so if that\'s your mantra, let\'s see.  I\'m guessing that you didn\'t see your first show until you were at least 10, so go home and throw out all taped, bootleg or official live release by any band that took place before 1992.  Then look through your collection and throw out any breakfast show that you\'ve downloaded or any dvd that you picked up at a show that you didn\'t go to.  Now do the same with any other band that you listen to and throw those shows away.  

Do realize how ridiculous your comment sounds.  By taking away the taping element, you not only cut off everyone other than the current TB community from hearing the band, you basically cut off the entire music community other than what you hear on the radio.
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

NickNels

• \"That\'s a Deeeewwwww!\"
« Reply #44 on: February 24, 2009, 09:56:38 am »
Quote from: Yoda;220681

Okay, so if that\'s your mantra, let\'s see.  I\'m guessing that you didn\'t see your first show until you were at least 10, so go home and throw out all taped, bootleg or official live release by any band that took place before 1992.  Then look through your collection and throw out any breakfast show that you\'ve downloaded or any dvd that you picked up at a show that you didn\'t go to.  Now do the same with any other band that you listen to and throw those shows away.  

Do realize how ridiculous your comment sounds.  By taking away the taping element, you not only cut off everyone other than the current TB community from hearing the band, you basically cut off the entire music community other than what you hear on the radio.

I\'m sorry, i don\'t follow your logic...
"After some fun times, Luke spacedocked Marissa."