Author Topic: Setlist: 2009-02-21 - Red Square; Albany, NY  (Read 20681 times)

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
Setlist: 2009-02-21 - Red Square; Albany, NY
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2009, 12:03:14 pm »
Quote from: Ren;220521
the show was phenomenal.  it was really that good, sorry.

theres my proof by a credible (>200 shows) bfast member
DS Newbers

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2009, 12:09:13 pm »
Please tell me that all the talk about the show not being recorded was a joke, right?

On a side note to another thread, isn\'t there a way to hook up to the PA so that all shows are recorded and then the files could be given to the Breakfast Archive crew to dabble with?
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2009, 12:17:38 pm »
The band should really have a soundboard of every show.

With the price of technology these days, you should be able to throw together an effective, low cost rig.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2009, 12:29:54 pm »
here\'s klout\'s review.  ::jumps out of 3rd story window::

I will just come right out and say best show I have ever seen. I could split hairs and over-analyze it I am sure but with this show fresh in my mind and the level that they played at last night I am happy to call that the best fuckin bfast show I have ever seen.

I am also fine with shows like this not being taped. The very best shows I have ever seen have always been untapped upstate masterpieces. Just the way it goes. Live for the moment and do not miss upstate shows!!!

Both sets last night I felt had real distinct and noticeable feelings and unfoldings to them, like watch an epic movie or something. The first set had a strange but delightful off-the-wall flow with totally unpredictable song selection, lots of type 2 jamming, and several amazing segues. I didn\'t think they stopped playing until after Tunage but maybe they did briefly. HLH>Tunage was one of the best segues ever. Sick opened up jams on both, must have lasted over 45 minutes between the two and I thought the set was def gonna be over after that but Octo garden was a cool 5 minute chill out after the Hard Luck Tunage Bomb but they couldn\'t end the set with that so they whipped out a wild pack and we got a little moshin in to close out what all in all turned out to be a very fun and rowdy but well played first set.

Quick set break and second set came back with a totally different vibe, at least in my mind, of ultra sleek tightness but with mad swagger and force to the jams with a bit of a darker edge. Just really in your face and hard raging throwdown but nice control and direction at the same time. I remember swearing best ever to myself during metro. STL was hands down the best I have ever heard. Completely out of the ordinary crazy journey through ridiculous places that song has never seen. Stash was nailed. The jam was really fierce and hard hitting, not what you expect at all but very thrilling. Owned everyone there. Queeb was scorching, all 31 minutes of it. Moobs was the perfect encore.

This was just one of those really special shows where all the little riffs and fills are noticeably amped up and tasteful, every note is played with a distinct higher intensity and zest, the jams go on and on but not wankishly at all until your asking what song is this and its hard to remember for a second because its just so far out there and so entrancing. The jams built up and peaked and played out on multiple levels like in 3-D or some shit I don\'t even know how to describe it properly. Whole notha level I guess you could say.

The immediate crowd was terrific. 50-75 people all hanging on every note, living and dying with all the peaks and valleys, and dancing and jumping and fist pumping and going crazy. Everyone just kept yelling out how sick it was all night or would just look at each others owned faces and know because it was just that obvious how bad the band was ripping up the fuckin stage.

Jordan was really on point. Hands down the most solid throw down I have witnessed from him since his return. Timmy was blazing in the afro wig all night. Adj was just his incredible consistent animal self that he is these days. D-Man fuckin ripped it as per too and with the sickest solo I have ever seen him play right in the middle of STL.

Its almost crazy how much this show is exactly what I wanted to see. I said on the way up I wanted to be surprised by the set list and not know what was coming but still get a few choice picks in. I just had a feeling that an upstate queeb was comin which I also mentioned before the show. I was also hoping ep2 because it had been so long and the same for tunage which had been almost six months for me. I was also just silently hoping for something amazing to happen musically and it did.

Anyway great to see everyone (especially the old school TRB members in the house!) and mad thanks and love all around. Go to every show possibly can, especially upstate!! See-ya in Canton!

-klout
*Gia*

Ren

• what?
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2009, 12:34:51 pm »
i wasn\'t trying to be a jerk either.
"...someone\'s toying with us, Mr. Bravo, and no one makes a Sit N\' Spin out of Adam West..."

peaches626

« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2009, 12:36:20 pm »
well played klout, thanks for the review... def epic, wish i coulda been there
taints rule, gypsies drool!

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2009, 12:40:16 pm »
Where is the love for NYC and the surrounding area...  The average distance from my house to the first 3 shows of the year has been over 2-1/2 hours away and I only live 1-1/2 from the New Haven home base...  Screw upstate...
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

Ren

• what?
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2009, 12:40:39 pm »
i just have to learn to tape.  i\'m sure if you get the right equipment and set the mics in the right places and check on it every now and then it\'s not that hard.  not to take anything away from all the hard work and hassles that tapers put up with.  i\'m sure however that the stuff you need to buy is super expensive.  bill said he sees jen and i at every show he goes to, so taping would be a no brainer, just probably out of my reach financially though...
"...someone\'s toying with us, Mr. Bravo, and no one makes a Sit N\' Spin out of Adam West..."

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2009, 12:59:32 pm »
one thing that really struck me about this show was how intensely the crowd (most of whom ive never seen at a show before) were absolutely raging and getting down the entire night.  best dance party at a show ive ever seen.  The band played exactly what an albany area crowd wants to hear in a show, and I think this will come back to them in a great way the next time they play red square.  The crowd wasnt huge, but LITERALLY everyone who was there at the beginning stayed through setbreak and raged to the very end (at 230 in the morning)

Amazing amazing show, def in my top 3, maybe #1
DS Newbers

thatguy

« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2009, 01:09:51 pm »
135 paid can\'t complain!all new fans is a good thing.

Ren

• what?
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2009, 01:24:59 pm »
yeah, NOBODY left!!!  even the people who didn\'t look all that interested at first were hooked and there to the end.  i don\'t know how i could\'ve forgotten about the segue into tunage, wow.  i thought it was really funny how during the little attempt at so-called moshing for wild pack you kinda got that if you can\'t beat \'em join \'em feel from the crowd, at first they had no idea what was going on, then some of \'em started joining in, it was great.  i must mention metropolis again.  there\'s quite a few peaks and moments that stick out in my mind from any show i\'ve EVER seen in my life, metropolis had one of them.  sooooo, despite the yelling with booz and others for mooboo\'s and actually getting it, and the fearless in the middle of it, metropolis was my highlight of the night.  other memorable moments were watching tim\'s reaction to dangles\' bass solo during see the light, having it sound like we were at a goddamn soccer stadium during the world cup when we all sang the, pardon not being able to type it correctly, "ooooh-oh-ohhh-ohhhhh-oh," part of stash, it seriously sounded like there were 1000 people in there, and seeing the look on jen\'s face when octopus\'s garden started, it was like a baby that just tried something that tasted bad ;).

see you all again sometime...

...i bet all 135 were still there at the end too.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 01:25:27 pm by Ren »

booztravlr

• SHlTTER\'S FULL
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2009, 02:19:39 pm »
What a night! First set was quite an assortment of songs but they really worked well together. Wake Up In A Coma had a really drawn out intro that was more intense than usual. Hard Luck Harry melted right into Tunage. This is one of the best segues I\'ve heard them play. Reminded me of the Puppetry > Rufus from the pre-moedown throwdown 2006. Gencs knows what I\'m talking about.

Setbreak was probably less than 20 minutes long so you knew they meant business. I\'m not one to throw around \'best ever\' but it would be very hard to find a more complete set than this one. The song selection, playing and crowd/band energy was through the roof. People were hanging on every note. Metropolis contained a ridiculous bass solo by Dangle. See The Light also contained an extensive bass/drum jam with Adrian leading the way. Quick breather then Stash was under way. I don\'t think anyone left the room at any point during this song. As Ken said, it really seemed like there were 1000 people in there during the chorus and \'Ohh\' parts. The energy built up nicely for an all out dance party during Buquebus. We also made sure to get a clock count going just in case it approached the 40 minute Upstate realm. I don\'t think the band even knew what to do after Buquebus ended. It seemed like they were in awe at what had just been performed on stage. Lots of requests for Mooboo\'s before they finally settled with The Chase. Way to reward Jordan with another song, he was on fire all night. There was a quick meeting side stage afterwards where they were bombarded with almost constant requests for Mooboo\'s. The band definitely knew how to pay back the crowd for their constant energy throughout the show, so Mooboo\'s it was! Right in the middle Tim started the beginning of Fearless. What a great placement/segue. Most knew what it was but even those who didn\'t definitely enjoyed it. Right back into Mooboo\'s for the grand finale and about 2 hours later the set came to an end. Most people stuck around for a while afterwards, since it was only 2:30 when the show ended and they were still selling booz. I swear I\'m not an alcoholic!

Thanks to all for the birthday wishes and beers/shots! I had a great time celebrating with you all. Can\'t wait to get back to Red Square for more of those $3 Stout cans. On a side note, the only thing that lacked Saturday night was the light show. It was awesome partying with Ellis in the crowd all night but I definitely took his lights for granted in the past. They will be missed by all.

Don\'t miss the Java Barn!
Smell my mule.

ChrisF

• http://
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2009, 04:22:45 pm »
Quote from: Spacey;220528
The band should really have a soundboard of every show.

With the price of technology these days, you should be able to throw together an effective, low cost rig.

not gonna happen, especially in small venues where not everything is running thru the soundboard. if tims guitar amp is super loud on stage it may sound low in the soundboard mix because the sound guy didnt need to add much guitar. if the bass and drums are really loud in a small venue the sound guy may not even run them thru the board at all and the soundboard recording will only have guitar, keys and, vocals.

this is the best option for a taper n00b who already owns a compatible ipod with free space on it -

FOR $299 turn your ipod into a full taping rig!

with a compatible ipod/iphone/itouch the Alesis Protrack records to the ipod hard drive. pre Order @ guitar center.com - http://www.guitarcenter.com/Alesis-ProTrack-Recording-Kit-580878-i1437912.gc

this package deal includes one set of mics built into the dock that the ipod slides into for running it handheld and it comes with another set of condenser mics with a t-bar that can be put on a mic stand or clamped onto something.

you can also buy it without the separate set of condenser mics and t-bar for only $199 and its available now. but i wouldnt recommend getting this unless you already have mics. - http://www.guitarcenter.com/Alesis-ProTrack-Stereo-Digital-Recorder-for-iPod-247047-i1434674.gc

http://www.youtube.com/v/sxf1axsNBzw&hl=en&fs=1">http://www.youtube.com/v/sxf1axsNBzw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2009, 04:30:54 pm »
The band should take Fitzy to every show so he can capture them all on audio and maybe even video recording.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

ellis-d

• Visual Enhancer
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2009, 04:47:37 pm »
Absolutely SER! I dont have anything that can really give this show justice. Its very bittersweet being in my position but I will say that raging with my old school TRB crew was a great experience. As for taping shows, i hope theres never a taped show again because they are always the best ones and maybe some of you lazy fucks will start coming to shows. There was almost no Ct heads and thst was very dissappointing. The band isnt playing that much so you guys should really be making the effort to support em when they do play. The only way theyre gonna play more is if they make more money and the only way that happens is if people come to shows.
The lights from Ellis showed a mischevious sparkle
That flashed in his hollowed eye stare...