Author Topic: So is The Breakfast still a band or now a hobby?  (Read 12844 times)

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
So is The Breakfast still a band or now a hobby?
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2009, 05:30:28 pm »
Quote from: Mark;218099

You want to see them? Get your ass on a plane.

:finger:

Quote from: Igziabeher;218097
sounds like someone shit in your cereal.  if you want to know so friggen bad, just ask.  i don\'t see why its so hard to merely ask what the deal without insulting the band and their entire northeast fanbase.  granted, i know, you\'re a dick.  but you could at least work on not being a dick for once in your life.  since you were the one with the great idea of suggesting to them to take a break, why don\'t you just consider the time being them taking your vastly knowledgeable advice and move on.  now someone pass me some fucking kool-aid.

Hey fuckwad. Do you know what thread you\'re posting in?
« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 05:30:28 pm by leith »
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2009, 05:44:05 pm »
there\'s asking a simple question and there\'s being a condescending knowitall dick about it.

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2009, 05:47:33 pm »
Quote from: Igziabeher;218097
now someone pass me some fucking kool-aid.
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

Lexington

• suckin seaweed
« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2009, 05:56:09 pm »
leith, you\'re just pissed becasue the Message is dunzo. I\'m scared for the bitching you must\'ve put your boys through at the end of Maiden Tour \'87
caress me, aunt jemima

derickw

• Drunken Garbage Can
    • http://
« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2009, 07:34:03 pm »
thanks lex. finally something to laugh about in this thread. your the man leith

never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you

-. --- .-- / - .... .- - ... / -.. .. -.-. -.-

leith

« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2009, 09:02:27 pm »
Quote from: Lexington;218106
leith, you\'re just pissed becasue the Message is dunzo. I\'m scared for the bitching you must\'ve put your boys through at the end of Maiden Tour \'87

Dude Chris could easily sing that song so don\'t even get me started.

As for Maiden yeah I was pissed to hear synth shit on Somewhere in Time and then when they added Keys to Seventh Son I was rip shit like you have no idea but they never wrote me back after I bitched so I ate more acid and went to more Dead shows. It always seemed like Jerry would play whatever I wanted to hear and that was pretty cool.

galenas

• Global Moderator
« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2009, 11:08:01 pm »
please god don\'t ever make me hear the message ever again.

http://www.youtube.com/v/ZP1USaPMXpI&hl=en&fs=1">http://www.youtube.com/v/ZP1USaPMXpI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">

Whineberg

« Reply #37 on: January 30, 2009, 02:18:12 am »
I come home from work at 2:00am, and I see this cheerful little thread. Ah, life is good.

Mark

• Ser PB Fan
« Reply #38 on: January 30, 2009, 11:34:28 am »
Quote from: galenas;218124
please god don\'t ever make me hear the message ever again.
I think you are safe. Funny thing is, the studio version is best one I\'ve heard.
"Anyone who knows a god damn thing about this band and has been there as long as some of us have, know god damn well that this show was something special." Ren re: Toads 8/23/07

Bret

• Sin-ser Breakfasthead
« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2009, 04:24:50 pm »
If the boys need a break, they need a break!  Don\'t get me wrong, I\'d love to see a bunch of local shows, they\'re cheaper for one, but I don\'t mind the side projects at all.  Every one I go to is better than the last... I don\'t even know how it\'s possible sometimes!  Any way you look at they\'re keeping the local music scene buzzing around here, I couldn\'t be happier!  And Breakfast tunes are great solo acoustic... nobody else could do \'em solo acoustic & come anywhere near what I\'ve heard Tim come up with.  Anyway... Sully\'s Breakfast was OFF THE WALL good times!!
Lois: What the hell?  Marilyn Manson?  Is that who\'s causing all this?  Peter: Yeah, it\'s all him or hers fault.  Who does he or she think he or she is?  Look, you can totally see his or her nipples.  That\'s obscene... maybe.  Lois: There\'s only one thing to do.  Peter: You\'re right.  We got to find this Marilyn Manson and I\'ve got to give that bastard or bitch a piece of my mind or penis.

inthewhitelodge

« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2009, 05:11:15 pm »
I\'ve gotten used to checking out maybe 2-4 shows per year for the last two years. I\'ve often felt that the camaraderie of fans transcends whatever gap of time exists between the shows. I think that as long as they play every month, noone should complain, and should try hard to get to the show(s).

The realistic truth of going or being broke hits us all these days. This is really just an example of balancing one\'s needs and wants as compared to the practicality of travel and time costs.  I\'m just glad that I\'ve seen them more than 4 times during this past year!
"When I hold you, I hold everything that is-- swans, volcanoes, river rocks, maple trees drinking the fragrance of the moon, bread that the fire adores. In your life I see everything that lives."- Pablo Neruda:wave:

leith

« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2009, 06:12:56 pm »
Quote from: Bret;220022
If the boys need a break, they need a break!  Don\'t get me wrong, I\'d love to see a bunch of local shows, they\'re cheaper for one, but I don\'t mind the side projects at all.  Every one I go to is better than the last... I don\'t even know how it\'s possible sometimes!  Any way you look at they\'re keeping the local music scene buzzing around here, I couldn\'t be happier! And Breakfast tunes are great solo acoustic... nobody else could do \'em solo acoustic & come anywhere near what I\'ve heard Tim come up with.  Anyway... Sully\'s Breakfast was OFF THE WALL good times!!

:lol: That\'s cool for you but I could not care less about keeping the New Haven local music scene buzzing and I\'m sure there are plenty of Breakfast fans that feel the same.

It just seemed to me that if they decided to not tour at least playing local shows would be an option. Guess not.

I\'m resigned to the fact that they have decided to be a regional band and if I want to see a show I\'ll have to spend the dough to fly across the country.
Now with the band not playing many shows it becomes that much harder to plan a trip w/ enough notice to get cheap flights etc.

Gfunk

• Papa^
    • http://www.myspace.com/weaksauce603
« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2009, 06:26:16 pm »
hopefully things pick up this spring>summer
Facial Hair Would Be So Nice

Bret

• Sin-ser Breakfasthead
« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2009, 07:34:40 pm »
Quote from: leith;220033
If the boys need a break, they need a break!  Don\'t get me wrong, I\'d love to see a bunch of local shows, they\'re cheaper for one, but I don\'t mind the side projects at all.  Every one I go to is better than the last... I don\'t even know how it\'s possible sometimes!  Any way you look at they\'re keeping the local music scene buzzing around here, I couldn\'t be happier! And Breakfast tunes are great solo acoustic... nobody else could do \'em solo acoustic & come anywhere near what I\'ve heard Tim come up with.  Anyway... Sully\'s Breakfast was OFF THE WALL good times!!

:lol: That\'s cool for you but I could not care less about keeping the New Haven local music scene buzzing and I\'m sure there are plenty of Breakfast fans that feel the same.

It just seemed to me that if they decided to not tour at least playing local shows would be an option. Guess not.

I\'m resigned to the fact that they have decided to be a regional band and if I want to see a show I\'ll have to spend the dough to fly across the country.
Now with the band not playing many shows it becomes that much harder to plan a trip w/ enough notice to get cheap flights etc.

I hear ya, it\'s a damn long way from Cali, I may move out west for a while, don\'t know what I\'ll do without the music.  It blows that they can\'t afford or don\'t have the time off to get out there right now.  Gas, hotels, food, fun, life... it all costs money, I don\'t know what they make per date or any specifics, but it must be expensive to tour, especially in this day & age.  I don\'t think they\'ve resigned to being a regional band, they\'ll be touring again most likely (nothing in life is certain).  I think they just needed to step back for a minute and re-assess their situation.  The bands been through quite a bit in the last few years.  I & all the B-fam wants to see \'em out on the road, livin\' the life, getting bigger & bigger (except that I like the prices and knowing there\'ll be room for us all at the show!).  Here\'s to them gettin\' back on the road... :chug:
Lois: What the hell?  Marilyn Manson?  Is that who\'s causing all this?  Peter: Yeah, it\'s all him or hers fault.  Who does he or she think he or she is?  Look, you can totally see his or her nipples.  That\'s obscene... maybe.  Lois: There\'s only one thing to do.  Peter: You\'re right.  We got to find this Marilyn Manson and I\'ve got to give that bastard or bitch a piece of my mind or penis.

leith

« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2009, 01:32:37 pm »
Quote from: Bret;220038
Quote from: leith;220033

I hear ya, it\'s a damn long way from Cali, I may move out west for a while, don\'t know what I\'ll do without the music.  It blows that they can\'t afford or don\'t have the time off to get out there right now.  Gas, hotels, food, fun, life... it all costs money, I don\'t know what they make per date or any specifics, but it must be expensive to tour, especially in this day & age.  I don\'t think they\'ve resigned to being a regional band, they\'ll be touring again most likely (nothing in life is certain). I think they just needed to step back for a minute and re-assess their situation.  The bands been through quite a bit in the last few years.  I & all the B-fam wants to see \'em out on the road, livin\' the life, getting bigger & bigger (except that I like the prices and knowing there\'ll be room for us all at the show!).  Here\'s to them gettin\' back on the road... :chug:

To the bolded points.
They are a regional band at least for this year. Adrian posted such awhile ago.

As for them getting bigger. This is as big as this band is getting.
They are not a viable touring entity anymore and in this scene if you don\'t tour you don\'t make it.

I have thought for a long time that the band would become a Max Creek type of band that will play for decades but only in their home region. They will have all sorts of local respect and the musicians in the national scene will love them but that\'s about it.

That can be seen as success as they will be creating music for years to come but for many it will be a disappointment as this band should of been heard by so many more people.

Of course things could always change drastically should someone win the lotto, or a big band picked them up as an opener, they change their minds and hit the road for months at a time(:lol: yeah right).

Crazier things have happened.