Author Topic: So is The Breakfast still a band or now a hobby?  (Read 12847 times)

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
So is The Breakfast still a band or now a hobby?
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2009, 03:19:02 pm »
from my vantage point, it was getting to the point where NYE \'08 could\'ve easily been the last Breakfast show ever.  They chose to stick together and tough it out, which I think is admirable.  Now they just need some time to come up w/ a gameplan and get their acts together.  I really don\'t think its such a bad thing.

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2009, 03:21:59 pm »
i agree greg...the whole new years run was probably the best all around ive heard from the band...maybe they are doing some productive things right now...
DS Newbers

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2009, 03:24:22 pm »
well, adrian said they were working on getting a new booking agency, which would also account for the lack of announced shows.  patience people, when shit falls together, we\'ll be the first to know.  its not like their raq or anything.

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2009, 03:28:26 pm »
Does it really matter if its a band or a hobby right now?  I\'m not at all trying to be condescending to anyone that has offered an opinion here.  This band has been through a couple of pretty significant periods of change lately.  So if they\'ve entered into a bit of a slower period touring, is really that bad if its thats what they need to survive?  I\'d rather see them scale back thier road time rather than break up.  Someone mentioned something about checking out other bands which is an option. And I understand that us Connecticuter\'s do get to see them more frequently then most... especially lately.  Even without the Breakfast though I  highly encourage everyone and anyone to check out anything these guys do on the side because it just as enjoyable most times.  If seeing them is really that meaningful... then you gotta take what your given for now until they\'re ready to do whatever it is they are going to do for the future.
Where to next?

thatguy

« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2009, 03:28:34 pm »
Quote from: Igziabeher;218075
well, adrian said they were working on getting a new booking agency, which would also account for the lack of announced shows.  patience people, when shit falls together, we\'ll be the first to know.  its not like their raq or anything.

:that:

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2009, 03:36:29 pm »
If you don\'t think The Breakfast is still a band ... lol... come to Iron Horse tomorrow and Sullys the night after.

Eat words.
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

SlimPickens

• just the tip
    • http://
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2009, 03:37:25 pm »
Quote from: simpletwistupdon;218076
Does it really matter if its a band or a hobby right now?  I\'m not at all trying to be condescending to anyone that has offered an opinion here.  This band has been through a couple of pretty significant periods of change lately.  So if they\'ve entered into a bit of a slower period touring, is really that bad if its thats what they need to survive?  I\'d rather see them scale back thier road time rather than break up.  Someone mentioned something about checking out other bands which is an option. And I understand that us Connecticuter\'s do get to see them more frequently then most... especially lately.  Even without the Breakfast though I  highly encourage everyone and anyone to check out anything these guys do on the side because it just as enjoyable most times.  If seeing them is really that meaningful... then you gotta take what your given for now until they\'re ready to do whatever it is they are going to do for the future.

Save your breath don.  this thread is basically a tantrum.  you can bring all the logic in the world to the discussion about why you shouldn\'t put your hand on the stove top, but it\'s not gonna stop the tears.

lilblondie

• the FU queen
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2009, 04:10:47 pm »
iam down with freddie, thatguy and slim...its always about bitching, moaning and tantrums on this thread..no one is ever happy around here....
maybe the sun will shine today...
the clouds will roll away..
maybe i wont be so afraid..
i will understand that everything has its plan...
either way...

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2009, 04:13:45 pm »
Quote from: lilblondie;218083
iam down with freddie, thatguy and slim...its always about bitching, moaning and tantrums on this thread..no one is ever happy around here....

no offense, but there are some forces of nature that are beyond your control, one of which is leith\'s constant anger at the direction this band is taking or not taking at all.  its best to just stay out of it for your own mental health.

i, on the other hand, have lost all mental health long ago, so i have no issue taking one for the team.

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2009, 04:33:52 pm »
Quote from: SlimPickens;218081

Save your breath don.  this thread is basically a tantrum.  you can bring all the logic in the world to the discussion about why you shouldn\'t put your hand on the stove top, but it\'s not gonna stop the tears.

No it\'s not a tantrum it is a valid question.
The band was having a rough time of it near the end of 2008.
I actually recommended they take a break in a PM to the 3 freaking out before Jordan returned as I thought it would be better than folding.
Hell I even pushed for a Trio if that was what it would take to keep the band going.

So I was ecstatic when they got Jordan back into the band.

They followed this with from all reports some of the best Breakfast shows TO DATE!

Then NOTHING!

No announcements on .org or here on .info other than they were no longer going to tour for the immediate future and that was just a post by Adrian in the middle of a thread.

Nothing about a break, nothing about leaving Crescendo(oh wait there was another post by Adrian lost in some thread also), there\'s an old blurb about new management on .org but we all saw how those guys worked out.

So for someone who is on the other side of the country it would be nice to be a bit informed on what is going on. If it means staring threads like this so be it.

I am just boggled why they can\'t play around town at least.
Jordan can\'t possibly be working 12 hour shifts 7 days/week.
I am positive they could have booked a couple of gigs around his work schedule.

I would think at least playing around home would be happening if they were not touring.

Whatever, enjoy your Kool-Aid kids.

Quote from: Igziabeher;218085
Quote from: lilblondie;218083

no offense, but there are some forces of nature that are beyond your control, one of which is leith\'s constant anger at the direction this band is taking or not taking at all.  its best to just stay out of it for your own mental health.

i, on the other hand, have lost all mental health long ago, so i have no issue taking one for the team.

It\'s not constant. When they are actually being a band and touring for ALL of their fans I have no problems whatsoever.

So with the posts I have seen from Adrian, 2009 promises to be brimming with my anger. Thus my decision to frequent this Kool-Aid site less often as I predicted when I left in July of last year.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 04:33:52 pm by leith »
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2009, 04:42:37 pm »
^^
These new year resolutions never seem to pan out...

I\'m feelin\' big things for Breakfast in 09. Give \'em a minute to do whatever they gotta do and chill out. Last I checked they\'re playing two shows this weekend.
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2009, 04:46:28 pm »
Quote from: SlimPickens;218081

no doubt man... I guess I\'m just appreciative for what I have been fortunate to hear.
Where to next?

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2009, 05:02:53 pm »
sounds like someone shit in your cereal.  if you want to know so friggen bad, just ask.  i don\'t see why its so hard to merely ask what the deal without insulting the band and their entire northeast fanbase.  granted, i know, you\'re a dick.  but you could at least work on not being a dick for once in your life.  since you were the one with the great idea of suggesting to them to take a break, why don\'t you just consider the time being them taking your vastly knowledgeable advice and move on.  now someone pass me some fucking kool-aid.

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2009, 05:08:21 pm »
That\'s a little harsh... I think that Leith wants what\'s best for the band... I also think that he has some industry knowledge that he\'s trying to impress upon the guys... If you actually read his comments, he\'s not insulting the NE fanbase, he\'s actually lobbying for you guys to get more shows for the time being... The thing is, there\'s something to the old out of sight, out of mind saying... Until the band has a large following, I don\'t think that they can afford to be out of sight for too long... That being said, get the rest and then come back and kick all of our asses from coast to coast...
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

Mark

• Ser PB Fan
    • http://
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2009, 05:13:01 pm »
What\'s best for the band is whatever THEY want to do and how it fits in with their lives. We are VERY lucky that they are still together and melting faces as it is.

You want to see them? Get your ass on a plane.
"Anyone who knows a god damn thing about this band and has been there as long as some of us have, know god damn well that this show was something special." Ren re: Toads 8/23/07