Author Topic: The Field; Bridgeport, CT  (Read 7083 times)

davepeck

• Administrator
The Field; Bridgeport, CT
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2009, 02:51:30 pm »
definitely a nice neighborhood with lots of nice restaurants nearby.

AMAZING italian at Café Tavolini, walking distance from The Field. A+

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2009, 02:53:42 pm »
I wouldn\'t be able to hit the road until after my daughter goes to sleep... What time is the show... I probably wouldn\'t get up there until 9:30 the earliest...
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2009, 02:57:40 pm »
11:00 (or later) starts at The Field.

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2009, 03:00:37 pm »
That\'s tough... I was hoping for a 9-9:30 start... We\'ll see...
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2009, 03:12:44 pm »
Quote from: Yoda;220748
What kind of neighborhood is this place in?  I might not have any family obligations and might try and get to this one since NJ is not on the radar...

Honestly... its not that bad of an area.  The first time I was here it was one of the Willie Waldman Projects and heading down there I was a bit questionable as to what the environment would be like.  The place itself is nice you can check it out online... its kind of on the Bridgeport/Fairfield line... I mean anywhere around the \'port your taking a risk... but I would venture to say this area is a bit less risky than downtown!=.
Where to next?

NickNels

• \"That\'s a Deeeewwwww!\"
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2009, 03:17:30 pm »
Quote from: simpletwistupdon;220765
Quote from: Yoda;220748
What kind of neighborhood is this place in?  I might not have any family obligations and might try and get to this one since NJ is not on the radar...

Honestly... its not that bad of an area.  The first time I was here it was one of the Willie Waldman Projects and heading down there I was a bit questionable as to what the environment would be like.  The place itself is nice you can check it out online... its kind of on the Bridgeport/Fairfield line... I mean anywhere around the \'port your taking a risk... but I would venture to say this area is a bit less risky than downtown!=.

It never ceases to amaze me how many people think BPT is a so sketchy/ghetto.  You people must lead very sheltered lives.
"After some fun times, Luke spacedocked Marissa."

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2009, 03:27:06 pm »
Sorry, but after living in New Haven for 7 years and having a lot of friends in the area, Bridgeport is sketchy.  It\'s probably CT\'s equivalent to NJ\'s Camden...

NickNels

« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2009, 03:29:03 pm »
Quote from: Yoda;220769
Sorry, but after living in New Haven for 7 years and having a lot of friends in the area, Bridgeport is sketchy.  It\'s probably CT\'s equivalent to NJ\'s Camden...

This is what i\'m talking about

thatguy

« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2009, 03:34:48 pm »
yoda,r u ever gonna say something backwards or even romotely cool like your fuckin name?

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2009, 03:43:21 pm »
severely depressed an area bridgeport proves to constantly be...

come to new jersey you will.  strong in the dark side the state is.  into it, you must go...

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2009, 04:24:56 pm »
Quote from: Yoda;220769

i think it\'s a mistake to call it bridgeport. i mean it technically is, but a more accurate description would be black rock. it borders fairfield and bridgeport. it\'s not as nice as most of fairfield. it\'s not as bad as most of bridgeport. but it\'s more fun than either one. not sketchy unless you\'re scared of drunken fairfield U students
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor

SlimPickens

• just the tip
    • http://
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2009, 04:54:31 pm »
Quote from: NickNels;220768
It never ceases to amaze me how many people think BPT is a so sketchy/ghetto.  You people must lead very sheltered lives.

Ummm, where did you grow up, Mogadishu?

Here\'s bepoo\'s numbers vs. national average:

Let\'s take a look at Bronx NY:

Bridgeport compares to some of the worst cities in the country, like DC:

NickNels

« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2009, 05:13:07 pm »
Quote from: SlimPickens;220798
Quote from: NickNels;220768

Ummm, where did you grow up, Mogadishu?

Here\'s bepoo\'s numbers vs. national average:

Let\'s take a look at Bronx NY:

Bridgeport compares to some of the worst cities in the country, like DC:

Well I didn\'t exactly expect a satistical breakdown, but I am glad to see the thoroughness of your analysis. Make sure you attach a cover sheet to those TPS reports while you are at it ;)

All I\'m saying is that the majority of places that you will ever visit in Bridgeport are not nearly as bad as they are made out to be.  I guess if you are living in the middle of Father Panic village you might have another perspective.  It\'s not like Camden, for example, where you walk 3 seconds off the main strip and are right in the middle of the ghetto.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 05:15:11 pm by NickNels »

SlimPickens

• just the tip
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2009, 05:18:46 pm »
what can I say... statistics are part of my daily job, so the numbers speak to me.

look, I\'m not calling you a ... gaff... whatever that is.  I\'m just saying, if you don\'t live in Bridgeport, or if you\'re from (say) Fairfield and you only hit up very specific parts of Bpt, by jumping off 95 and driving right to your location, you really have no idea that 90% of Bpt is a really ugly ghetto.

oldnewbie

• it\'s recreational...
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2009, 05:33:31 pm »
i owned a home in bridgeport for 18 years and i\'ve worked for the city for over 21 years. my wife was born and raised here. now that i\'ve established my credibilty......"you really have no idea that 90% of Bpt is a really ugly ghetto."

this statement is completely false, derogatory and plain stereotyping.....IMHO.

for what it\'s worth.....i really have no particular love for bridgport and could live my life never seeing it again.....but let\'s be real. anyway.....i\'m gonna spend saturday night in tampa having dinner with joe girardi so i should be safe at least.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 05:35:36 pm by oldnewbie »