Author Topic: Setlist: 2004-01-31 - Iron Horse; Northampton, MA  (Read 17642 times)

davepeck

• Administrator
Setlist: 2004-01-31 - Iron Horse; Northampton, MA
« on: February 01, 2004, 03:09:29 am »
I: Phaddy Boom Baddy, Inner Glimpse, Karn Evil 9, Great Big Fiery Ball In The Sky > Za, LDZ > Dimension 5, The Chase, Mooboo\'s Voodoo (Episode 2), Drum Solo, Jumpin\' Jack Flash*

E: Taboo Or Not Taboot

Code: [Select]
[i]* Rolling Stones cover; first time played.[/i]

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2004, 05:32:47 am »
This tour is turing out like phish\'s 99 summer tour where ever night they\'re playing a new cover. Police, rush, now george harrison... has there been a show where a new cover hasn\'t been played?
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

Drew_Kingsley

• Your busted
    • http://www.goleopards.com
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2004, 11:00:29 am »
Isn\'t "Jumpin\' Jack Flash" a Rolling Stones song, or have I been lied to all of my life?
Go see your Breakfast, there are starving Leiths in California

Drew_Kingsley

• Your busted
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2004, 11:03:04 am »
Oh yeah, And I was just noticing from the last few setlists, has PB been playing significantly shorter shows lately, or just not taking setbreaks and playing only slightly shorter 1 set shows?

... yeah... I think that sentence makes sense...

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2004, 12:01:46 pm »
I think its because of the double bill. This tour isnt a band opening for a band, its two bands sharing the bill. They\'re probably splitting the time right down the middle.
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2004, 12:39:34 pm »
Originally posted by Drew_Kingsley
Isn\'t "Jumpin\' Jack Flash" a Rolling Stones song, or have I been lied to all of my life?

no you\'re right.. i\'m just an idiot. :)

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2004, 12:42:08 pm »
Originally posted by Drew_Kingsley
Oh yeah, And I was just noticing from the last few setlists, has PB been playing significantly shorter shows lately, or just not taking setbreaks and playing only slightly shorter 1 set shows?

... yeah... I think that sentence makes sense...

the iron horse is weird.. they always do early shows and late shows.. last night, the early show didn\'t get out till around 9:30, and the DOORS for pb "the breakfast" didn\'t open till well after 10.. nero played first, and pb "the breakfast" only had till 1:00, so that at least explains last night...

DocEllis70

• shottynasalGuinness
    • http://www
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2004, 12:54:38 pm »
Last night was a whole shows worth in one set. Adrian was an animal...fukin nuttts!!!   Next time, they should play the Iron Horse, but also book themselves for the dinner crowd (which could easily be made up of us Breakfast fans), so we get a longer show. One hell of a night...and since they filled the room to capacity and people were having a tough time getting in the place, i guess PB are \'sell outs\' now.
sleep a lot...eat a lot, brush em like crazy. Run a lot...do a lot, never be lazy..

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2004, 01:18:59 pm »
so anyways.. last night\'s show, although short, was fan-fucking-tastic. instant sellout.. there were tons of old school pb "the breakfast" fans there, it wasn\'t even funny.. people were coming out of the woodwork like you would not believe.. people we haven\'t seen in ages... al z & lauren, bonnano, tim, jessie, jp :lol:, the man who brought pb "the breakfast" to butterfield (can\'t remember his name), etc.. the crowd had a lot to do with how much fun this show was.. oh, and the band did pretty good too. :)

fun time at the hangar beforehand, though it really did a number on me.. lisa has said it before, and said it again last night - best-dressed award goes to al & lauren... couldn\'t agree more.. looking sharp as always, although al had to endure some austin powers comments throughout the night. :D

here\'s hoping that a lot of this old school crew got their groove back last night and will start becoming regulars again. great to see everyone!

Me!

• life got in the way
    • http://www.myspace.com/ekkatin
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2004, 02:04:46 pm »
I don\'t know about short, in Albany even w/ Nero playin roughly a 45 min opener they played for about 150 min(I only know cause my MiniDisc barely ran out), for a bar on a Thurs night not too shabby
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

ChrisF

• http://
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2004, 02:14:39 pm »
Originally posted by DocEllis70
Next time, they should play the Iron Horse, but also book themselves for the dinner crowd (which could easily be made up of us Breakfast fans), so we get a longer show.  

That would be cool, but then tickets would cost twice as much. The $13 they were charging last night was high enough as it was. I cannot believe they were charging so much considering the amount of time the band was given to play.

Overexjoesure

• Jai Guru Deva Om
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2004, 02:57:25 pm »
Paul, I think your thinking of Phish Summer tour 98:)
Free me from vices, free me from fear.. Free me from anything that keeps me from here.

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2004, 04:11:40 pm »
did you say bonnano??that cats still alive??i didnt see him last night.zurflue,you da man!ser sweater!timmy(umass)good seein ya brother.
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2004, 02:04:16 pm »
How old a song is Za ?

I think it is pretty cool that the band is pulling out a different cover each night though these latest covers seem to go against what I have heard is the bands preference to tackle "tough" covers.
I have not seen any "sit-ins" between bands, anyone know the reason for this? Is there a reason? Just wondering because a Run Like Hell by Nero w/ Tim would be intense.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

Drew_Kingsley

• Your busted
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2004, 02:21:43 pm »
Originally posted by leith
How old a song is Za ?

Za has been played only twice (I think).  However I\'ve heard that it was written over a year ago.  Decent jam song, but goofy lyrics... as one would expect from a ode to pizza.