Author Topic: (1/19) Tim to perform tonight at the Blue Six acoustic room in San Francisco, CA  (Read 1793 times)

davepeck

• Administrator
Tim will be playing at the Blue Six acoustic room (no sign), located at 3043 24th St., on the corner of 24th and Treat, from 8-10 p.m. $5-10 donation is asked.

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
Let me know if he\'s gonna be there, I\'ll definitely go.  I was planning on reading finance books tonight so this may be a good reward if I log in a few hours.
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
Any more news on a possible gig?

I was going to eat dinner in the city if Tim is indeed playing.

ChrisPitch

• Hell of a Life
    • http://
Tim will be playing at the Blue Six acoustic room (no sign), located at 3043 24th St., on the corner of 24th and Treat, from 8-10 p.m. $5-10 donation is asked.

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
Texts sent and Thread posted.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
Quote from: ChrisPitch;217043

Shit, I\'ve been fucking around on mountain bikes, playing b-ball all afternoon - not gonna get there till 8:30.  

This will be my first official Tim Palmieri solo show in all my 9 years of Psychedelic Breakfast fandom.

derickw

• Drunken Garbage Can
well where is the update Alzzzzzzzzzzzzz
never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you

-. --- .-- / - .... .- - ... / -.. .. -.-. -.-

ChrisF

just talked to alZ. he got there at 8:40 and kept a setlist til it ended at 10. he said it was just a small performance space and the beer they sold came from the package store across the street and re sold to the crowd there

he got there and first song he heard YEM. there was an upright bassistthat wanted to sit in with tim. he asked if tim knew any blues songs and they did tricky ways.

now they are heading to a venue called the makeout room where he wants to sit in with a band thats playing. alZ said the crowd from the first gig is following him to the second.

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
I just saw a post on the TLG forum that a few Leafers made it out and enjoyed the show.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

ChrisF

alZ said he met them.

gig#2 just started. tim\'s playing at a dj booth. i think al said a drummer is with him. couldnt really hear what he was saying because it was loud in there.

he said tim told him he only missed 3 songs at the first gig and helped him fill in the setlist with what he missed plus teases. he\'s keeping a setlist at the second gig also

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
Timmy Tour from coast to coast!

Tim Palmieri Solo Acoustic - Blue Six Acoustics Room, San Francisco

San Francisco Jam > Episode 1 (Happy), Hide Your Love Away, YEM* > I wanna Get High > Dig, Feeling Groovy > Continuing Story of Bungalow Bill%, Question Mark and the Mind, Great Big Fiery Ball in the Sky+ > Folsom Prison Blues, Golgi Apparatus > Divided Sky > Golgi Apparatus, Tricky Ways^, Cold Snow and Rain, Birdsong > Blackbird, SF Jam# > We Will Rock You jam > Question, ?

*With Colonel Furbin\'s Ascent and If I Could teases
%with audience whistling jam
+Bartender to crowd: "I have 4 beers left, should I buy more?"  Audience: (unanimous) "Yes!!"
^with Joe Lewis (owner of Blue Six Acoustics) on upright bass
#audience stomping feet and clapping hands, jam ends and transitions into "We Will Rock You" by Queen and Tim goes with it, with full audience participation

Cool little performance space in the Mission.  Couches, chairs and decorations adorn the space, with a small booth selling beers from a nearby liquor store.  Definitely a success and the place (albeit small) was comfortably filled for Timmy Tour on a Monday night.  Some audience participation, whistling jams, footstomp jams, song-alongs, and dancing throughout the set.  I\'m definitely gonna check out future events there and also hope Tim stops in on future Timmy Tours.  

When the show ended, everyone decided to pack up and head to The Makeout Room, a nearby bar.  Tim and company walked the guitar a few blocks and caught the last song of some Arabian music and dancing performance at the Makeout Room.  Somehow Tim managed to play a small set at the Makeout Room.

The Makeout Room, San Francisco

50 Ways to Leave Your Lover*, Touch Me*, Fearless*

*with Anthony ?? on drums

So Tim got to play a few songs with the drummer from the previous act.  Right when things started heating up (with a small dance party), a chick gets on stage and starts talking to Tim mid song.  Apparently she is a singer and friend of the owner and wanted to play his guitar or something.  The set ends because of the unreasonable/ridiculous terms presented if the show is to continue.  Show stops and the chick plays a set soon after.  Her set is boring and the venue gets dull immediately.  

Notes:  The outgoing president of the San Francisco Board of Supervisors happened to be at the show.  At the end, he calls Tim out by name and mentions that he enjoyed Tim\'s music.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2009, 06:39:12 am by alexanderzurflu »

tyzack

Quote from: alexanderzurflu;217064
Notes:  The outgoing president of the San Francisco Board of Supervisors happened to be at the show.  At the end, he calls Tim out by name and mentions that he enjoyed Tim\'s music.

Should we know this guy?>
Apartheid: A policy of segregation and political and economic discrimination.

LBoogie

amazing....so glad he got to do this!!!!  alz ....i\'m officially jealous :)

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
Quote from: tyzack;217068
Quote from: alexanderzurflu;217064

Should we know this guy?>

Likely no for you, but he was 1 position below the mayor and very powerful in a major city, so locally it was of noted interest.

mvallo

So, did Tim get enough donations for the plane trip home?  We wouldn\'t want him to get stuck out there, He might like it.