Author Topic: Kumo Japanese Restaurant; New Haven, CT  (Read 3282 times)

lilblondie

• the FU queen
Kumo Japanese Restaurant; New Haven, CT
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2009, 10:37:40 pm »
i love that place but last time iwas there with my homegirls....the waiter came back and asked for more tip money and believe me we had already given him plenty....THE NERVE....i mean we are  not cheapskates...i couldnt believe it...i wanted to then leave no money...cold hearted lady that i am... :) but whatevs its delish and i would still go back...
maybe the sun will shine today...
the clouds will roll away..
maybe i wont be so afraid..
i will understand that everything has its plan...
either way...

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2009, 11:38:42 pm »
served him up one of your famous FUs?
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 11:49:49 pm by alexanderzurflu »
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

peaches626

« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2009, 12:17:40 am »
i find it bad taste to ASK for more tip... but just out of curiosity... what percentage of the bill did you leave for a tip?
taints rule, gypsies drool!

LBoogie

« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2009, 03:10:49 am »
alls i have to say is.....y\'all have no idea what you\'re in for.  see you there!

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2009, 06:01:39 am »
I\'ve never heard of a waiter/waitress asking for more money in tip. I understand times are tough, but that\'s just insulting. Don\'t get me wrong, you should tip, but you don\'t have to and a low tip could be the person buying being low on money as well or maybe your service sucked. Sure they could just be a cheapskate too, but wow, I\'ve just never heard of that. I don\'t know how I would respond if someone did that to me. Would probably be the last time I ate there though.
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2009, 08:42:19 am »
Quote from: FrankZappa;215998
I don\'t know how I would respond if someone did that to me.

i would say "Get Real, BRAH"
*Gia*

NickNels

• \"That\'s a Deeeewwwww!\"
« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2009, 09:22:06 am »
Quote from: lilblondie;215982
i love that place but last time iwas there with my homegirls....the waiter came back and asked for more tip money and believe me we had already given him plenty....THE NERVE....i mean we are  not cheapskates...i couldnt believe it...i wanted to then leave no money...cold hearted lady that i am... :) but whatevs its delish and i would still go back...

Really?  Were you at a Hibachi table, because if that is the case the waiter does almost nothing.  Takes the order and brings the drinks/apps.  The cooks does all the work and entertaining.  I would much rather throw an extra tip to the chef vs. the waiter.  Maybe the waiter was pissed because he knows he has to split the tip.
"After some fun times, Luke spacedocked Marissa."

lilblondie

• the FU queen
« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2009, 09:42:36 am »
yeah we were at the talbe...paul i dont remember what the bill was because i didnt look at it i just handed my friend the amount...but i know that we arent cheap...how can you be when you go out to eat...you dont wash the dishes, cook the food or get out of your chair...i looked at the guy with such disbelief..like did you really just say that...the thing is i like going there...the food is good and we always have fun...i will just never want him to wait on me again...at the time i was pissed but now i just think its funny...i also realize that i could never be a server....props to those who are...
maybe the sun will shine today...
the clouds will roll away..
maybe i wont be so afraid..
i will understand that everything has its plan...
either way...

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2009, 09:43:25 am »
all\'s i know is if that ever happened to me, i\'d be taking money back.

Dweasel Weasel

• b\'fam legal counsel
« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2009, 09:49:31 am »
I was there last night - great service.
Just looking for peace.  Seriously.

derickw

• Drunken Garbage Can
    • http://
« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2009, 11:34:02 am »
Quote from: davepeck;216014

:that:
never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you

-. --- .-- / - .... .- - ... / -.. .. -.-. -.-

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2009, 03:51:01 pm »
Quote from: derickw;216036
Quote from: davepeck;216014

:that:

in hindsight I think I would have done this also, having now read this, but if a waiter just came up to me out of the blue and demanded more money I think I\'d be in so much shock i wouldn\'t even think of that.

In the words of Lexi, Now THAT\'S dick..
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
« Reply #42 on: January 09, 2009, 04:56:16 pm »
Quote from: FrankZappa;216079

In the words of Lexi, Now THAT\'S dick..

who ?
*Gia*

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #43 on: January 10, 2009, 05:22:34 pm »
well.

kumo is certainly ok in my book. my first comment upon looking at the specialty rolls on the menu was that they were on the expensive side, then lauren alerted us that they were all 50% off. it was one of those "she didn\'t just say what i think she did, did she?" moments. we proceeded to order 8 specialty rolls, which was pretty much the perfect amount, and they were fantastic. everything tasted extremely fresh, and i\'m pretty sure i\'ve never been out for sushi and spent under $100 before last night. awesome. definitely going to be heading back there several times to abuse the 50% off deal as much as possible before it\'s gone, whenever that may be.

the band sounded great. we were only there for the first set, but it was definitely a treat. A+ all around! nice to meet you mrs. D!

SkyePrizm

• separator
« Reply #44 on: January 10, 2009, 05:26:12 pm »
Quote from: davepeck;216155
well.

kumo is certainly ok in my book. my first comment upon looking at the specialty rolls on the menu was that they were on the expensive side, then lauren alerted us that they were all 50% off. it was one of those "she didn\'t just say what i think she did, did she?" moments. we proceeded to order 8 specialty rolls, which was pretty much the perfect amount, and they were fantastic. everything tasted extremely fresh, and i\'m pretty sure i\'ve never been out for sushi and spent under $100 before last night. awesome. definitely going to be heading back there several times to abuse the 50% off deal as much as possible before it\'s gone, whenever that may be.

They actually do some wacky lunch specials if you are ever in new haven in the mid-day. check that out.