Author Topic: Setlist: 2008-12-30 - Ace Of Clubs; New York, NY  (Read 8740 times)

galenas

• Global Moderator
Setlist: 2008-12-30 - Ace Of Clubs; New York, NY
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2008, 10:29:07 am »
looks awesome!

SlimPickens

• just the tip
    • http://
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2008, 10:34:10 am »
Considering Fitz post came in at 3:42 am

Quote from: ChrisF;214930
shows still going but i dont know for how much longer. this is one very long set

Quote from: ds673488;214949
looks insane, how was it anyone?

I\'m guessing "anyone" is still passed out on the floor somewhere.

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2008, 11:07:51 am »
Quote from: SlimPickens;214952
Considering Fitz post came in at 3:42 am

Quote from: ChrisF;214930
shows still going but i dont know for how much longer. this is one very long set

Quote from: ds673488;214949
looks insane, how was it anyone?

I\'m guessing "anyone" is still passed out on the floor somewhere.

I plan on calling Stephen Gencs in a minute. As I got some numbers for him. I will ask.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

OMS

• Egg-Head
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2008, 12:55:33 pm »
i showed up with some friends during the jam into sundance..got a late start.  show was top notch breakfast as expected.  the four of them sounded great together and they all seemed to be genuinely enjoying themsevles.

of what i saw and remember, the mooboo\'s was nasty, syn >coma> syn was sick, and buqueebus was incredible.  all my friends were loving the show, and one that has seen them many times said that this show was easily the best he\'s seen from the band.

good seeing everyone and hope you all had as good as a time as i did. happy new years, have fun tonight.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2008, 12:57:57 pm by OMS »

Penny Redstar

• http://pennyredstar.wordpress.com/
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2008, 03:06:15 pm »
This show was as amazing as I had expected seeing the past couple of playlists.  I\'m very glad that I got my fourth wind somewhere and when Fizzle asked me at 2:45am what our plans were, I said with confidence that we could stay to the end and take the 4:54am train home.

Got in at 6am, but have no regrets about staying because it was awesome.  The show was one of the highlights of my year.  Oh and I\'m very glad that Fizzle finally got his hat!

Happy New Year everyone!

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2008, 03:47:54 pm »
Penny (are you Inspector Gadget\'s niece Penny?),

How was the crowd turnout?
« Last Edit: December 31, 2008, 03:50:42 pm by alexanderzurflu »
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

peaches626

« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2008, 03:55:49 pm »
me and face got back to willi and hit up breakfast at nita\'s at 730 am.

ser biz show
i\'d say the energy didn\'t get pumpin until the jam in Eschers 2 at which point the place got groovin which stayed that way for the rest of the night
buquebus was def around the 30 min mark and both jams had some really cool shiz goin on- reminded me of puppethouse (although i wasn\'t at puppethouse-only heard recordings).  mooboos vs. queeb vs. eschers 2 for jam of the night

crowd started light, nice full room by queeb

let me just get this out of the way-

Yoda: PLEASE tell me this was taped!!!

Everyone who was at the show:  Soy chip!!
« Last Edit: December 31, 2008, 04:16:41 pm by peaches626 »
taints rule, gypsies drool!

Penny Redstar

• http://pennyredstar.wordpress.com/
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2008, 04:10:27 pm »
Quote from: alexanderzurflu;214971
Penny (are you Inspector Gadget\'s niece Penny?),

How was the crowd turnout?

Turnout was small at the beginning, but got crowded toward the end.  Found out the Bisco show let out around 1:30 and that\'s when people started coming in.  Don\'t have exact numbers though.

Ren

• what?
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2008, 05:03:38 pm »
let\'s just say it is sad that it was not taped.  very sad.  as peaches said it, it really took of right after adrian\'s drum part towards the end of escher\'s 2 and held onto the momentum all night long.  i had to work at 6, so i was truly left with no choice but to leave at like 3:40, it left me with roughly a half hour to spare when i walked in the door.  anyway, i asked todd what was left cuz we kept waiting and doing the, "ok, i swear we\'re leaving now," for like 3 songs in a row, metropolis was just starting and he said that memory of a free festival and superfly were gonna close it out.  not bad.  

anyway....the escher\'s 4 that came out of see the light was only one of the many highlights, it was soooo good, and so fuckin\' bouncy towards the end as it picked up speed, made me wish it would go backwards into escher\'s 3.  the prolonged jam that led to sundance was a wild one, sundance was incredible, wish they\'d play it again tonight.  synergy>wake up>synergy was no joke.  i swear to you yoda, that song is great and after seeing it live a few times i just know you\'d agree eventually, i used to feel the same way as you my friend.  fuckin\' buquebus ripped, and went on forever, probably approached the 90 min. mark in upsate time, but was more like 30ish mins. in reality, just perfectly formed and drawn out, i will also put it up there with the 8/20 puppet house version, i even thought that while it was going on.  drunk monk, and mooboo\'s would have to fight it out for the most intense jams and numbers of peaks.  i really don\'t remember the last time i saw a mooboo\'s like that one, it reminded me of the style of the one at the wheel house that night when only like 9 people went, when tim was singing his, "what a wonderful feeling song," he kinda sang something similar but i couldn\'t make it out.  drunk monk was so good to hear, i\'m still smiling.  fuck i wish i coulda stayed for the rest!!!  though i\'m more than satisfied with what we witnessed.  really good turnout.  the bisco crowd brought some more energy, not that it was needed though, and most of them were impressed and seemed to know the songs too.  this dude who i met, i think his name was ryan, i might be wrong cuz the music had me a bit distracted, was blown away.  he said he saw them a few times a few years ago and didn\'t remember them being this good.  

what a good time.  seriously.  hopefully walsh gets his voice back for tonight...
« Last Edit: December 31, 2008, 05:06:48 pm by Ren »
"...someone\'s toying with us, Mr. Bravo, and no one makes a Sit N\' Spin out of Adam West..."

obsession600

• The Duke Of NY A#1
    • http://
« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2008, 05:06:45 pm »
I didn\'t see any mics set up unless they were by the lightboard/soundboard. I counted somewhere around 70 folks during queeb.

The bisco kidz were a little unsure as they drifted in but once they saw everyone else having fun and going apeshit they dug it and got with the flow.

The band really tried to jam out every song and they laid the trance on thick at points as well as some serious atonal soundscape stuff.
"I taught them everything they know, but not everything I know."
"The one thing that can solve most of our problems is dancing."
-James Brown

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2009, 07:38:20 am »
metroplis = taking over.  queeb and mooboos were absolute monsters.  made every dangle cent worth
*Gia*

frolfer

• breakfast geek
« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2009, 10:35:31 am »
What a raging night!

What a great run!!

I can\'t think right now. My synapses are fried. Did all that just happen? How the f*ck did I get all the way back home?

Happy new year!!! Thank you Breakfast!
Painted wind and sound, sun and all the clouds, oohooh

Jim Cobb

• RailroadBuilder/RugPee-er
  • Global Moderator
    • http://www.urban-fetch.com
« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2009, 01:04:09 pm »
is this a....?   what day is this....?
Postcount +1.

AmbitionFree

« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2009, 02:20:26 pm »
ser rager... definitely the longest one set wonder I\'ve ever seen... possibly the latest/longest show I\'ve ever seen.  I drove in and got back to northern westchester right around 6.  

I slept through all of the daylight on the last day of 08...

Great See the Light... one of the best Buquebus\' I\'ve seen  Mooboos and syb were dancetastic.

Quote from: Ren;214978
anyway....the escher\'s 4 that came out of see the light was only one of the many highlights, it was soooo good, and so fuckin\' bouncy towards the end as it picked up speed, made me wish it would go backwards into escher\'s 3.

Jim Cobb leaned over to me during escher\'s 4 and whispered "inverted escher\'s 3?  whaddya think?"

Great show, Great party, sin it wasn\'t taped, and a greater sin that I was so done from that show that I missed toad\'s last night.

galenas

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2009, 03:08:10 pm »
Quote from: AmbitionFree;215016
I drove in and got back to northern westchester right around 6.

where you at? i\'m in katonah.