Author Topic: Setlist: 2008-12-27 - Red Square; Albany, NY  (Read 12554 times)

davepeck

• Administrator
Setlist: 2008-12-27 - Red Square; Albany, NY
« on: December 28, 2008, 10:26:30 am »
I: jam > The Sound, jam > What The Funk, Honey Butter, Doughboy, Metropolis > Echindna\'s Arf (Of You)* > Metropolis

II: jam > May Fly Disarray, Puppetry, jam > The Late And The Great > Over Exposure

E: Gladys Pimp And Kangaroos With Me > Spunk

* last played 2006-04-22.

Thanks to FieryBill for the setlist!

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2008, 10:59:37 am »
epic show, great run
DS Newbers

Lexington

• suckin seaweed
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2008, 03:07:27 pm »
the most fun breakfast run since ronnies departure, for me anyways. thank you to everyone who was a part of it, lets top it this week
caress me, aunt jemima

Gfunk

• Papa^
    • http://www.myspace.com/weaksauce603
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2008, 03:33:52 pm »
:wah:>:drool:
Facial Hair Would Be So Nice

Ren

• what?
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2008, 04:05:09 pm »
so i figured last night wasn\'t gonna even come close to the night before, but it was pretty close, let\'s just say that i wouldn\'t wanna have to make the call if i had to.

couple of misleading sounds during the opening jam, wasn\'t thinking of the sound when it began, but once the jam took off i didn\'t care anymore.  what the funk was great to hear especially with jordan back, you could see how excited they all clearly were to be playing, and it translated quite well into a really wild one.  loved honey butter, seems like it\'s been a while since they played it, but then i seem to have absolutely no concept of time when it comes to them.  doughboy was as good as it always is/was, however jordan had some technical problems that distracted him enough to think, as he told me, "oh shit, i have to sing, what are the words!?!" and then fuck them up.  he said one of the pedals wasn\'t working, honestly i doubt anyone but him noticed.  metropolis was no joke, even with an oddly placed (imo), greatly received and long awaited echidna\'s arf.  i was so excited that when i screamed, "yeahhhhh," my voice cracked horribly and went up like 3 times higher than normal, hopefully only jen and i heard it.  i figured they\'d break it out sooner or later, but still had my doubts, (chris, is there any song you don\'t know or can\'t learn in like 10 minutes?) then it was right back into one of the wildest jams i\'ve heard from metroplis to finish the set.

pretty slow starting long jam that had pretty clear shades of sleeping beauty throughout the begining before somehow finding it\'s way into mayfly.  weird, kinda slow start that just turned into a dirty, funky, hard, rockin\' mayfly.  

the puppetry that ensued was nothing short of pure magic.  from begining to end it was complete and total insanity.  the jam was their classic, trance-like, techno-ish, style that could just take you on a long wild trip with or without any, uh, outside help ;).  by the time it came back around and finished, even the band was looking at eachother like, "what the fuck was THAT?!?"

goddamn.

i don\'t think i\'ve ever heard such a long piano intro to tlatg, or for that matter any kind of piano intro at all to it.  holy shit, did it ever make for a ridiculously drawn out, dramatic, climactic, or whatever you wanna call it, song.  i swear, sometimes gencs actually looks like he\'s gonna collapse into a pile of sorrow, happiness, or just raw emotion onto the floor and just start twitching or something.  christ, kid.  unreal build up to overexposure that segued so fast that it almost sounded like it was edited if that makes sense, it was just like right at the peak, it was suddenly a new song, i don\'t even remember hearing adrian\'s little drum intro or whatever you call it.  

overexposure was great, but it did seem to go on forever, unfortunately sometimes it seems that way, though it doesn\'t take away from anything.  great finish to the show!

gladys was about as wild and crazy as any i\'ve ever seen or heard, they just laid it all out there for it, i loved how time tim just started screaming really fast at one of the peaks what sounded like, "gladyspimpandkangaroos" or "gladyspimpandkangarooswithme," over and over.  shit they were having a such a blast that when it seemed it couldn\'t go any further they launched into spunk!  spunk was just filthy, like it ever isn\'t, with a drum solo that as lexingtaint once said, "may have loosened my belt a little," then back to spunk to finish us off....

don\'t know what else to say...bye!
« Last Edit: December 28, 2008, 04:07:18 pm by Ren »
"...someone\'s toying with us, Mr. Bravo, and no one makes a Sit N\' Spin out of Adam West..."

Gfunk

• Papa^
    • http://www.myspace.com/weaksauce603
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2008, 05:43:50 pm »
best show of \'08 (so far)
Facial Hair Would Be So Nice

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2008, 05:46:09 pm »
cant wait to hear the tape of both nights
DS Newbers

Todaysparkles

• The Breakfast Blondie
    • http://www.myspace.com/todaysparkles
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2008, 06:03:23 pm »
jeez louise, that looks absolutely absurd.
Seasons don't fear the reaper

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2008, 06:06:05 pm »
the metropwich was insanity
DS Newbers

lizardflag

• http://www.jeffbujak.com
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2008, 06:07:42 pm »
Great run indeed!  Being able to use fog/ haze for the lights is clutch.  Visually and aurally, the show was outstanding.  It was great to meet some of you over the last two nights as well.  I\'m sure we\'ll cross paths again, soon.  Peace.
JEFF BUJAK Web | LIVEBUJ

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2008, 06:23:37 pm »
jeff a lot of people wer diggin your stuff man, good work, sounds great
DS Newbers

galenas

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2008, 06:39:54 pm »
sounds like a hell of a run! glad to hear it was so awesome!

frolfer

• breakfast geek
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2008, 06:47:43 pm »
Yeah, I was that guy last night. I walk out after Doughboy for some air and then it hits me, my car is gone!!

I was literally parked almost next to the band\'s van but I guess I was on the wrong side. What a bummer, I was really digging on the first set, but I gotta take care of this.

I left my cell phone in the car. D\'oh!!

I could hear Metrop kicking in as I went in search of a cab. Big bucks later I was driving back to the venue and made it back in during May Fly. What seemed like a really long time actually went pretty quickly and smoothly. Thank goodness for credit cards (the emergency card), or I would still be in Albany!

Long story short, epic show that I feel blessed to of attended. The energy was totally palpable and I think this band has incredible potential. Welcome back Jordan. Chris D ballin\' last night. Huge!!!

So, all of these trials and tribulations just made the show that much sweeter. Thanks guys!!
Painted wind and sound, sun and all the clouds, oohooh

FieryBill

• People Party Coast2Coast
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2008, 06:53:46 pm »
The Puppetry was completely out of control. Maybe best ever. I know it seems like people say that a lot for particular tunes, but man..... da shit was bananas! Pre May Fly jam was really out there too....

Mamalakabubadaya

• http://
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2008, 07:01:59 pm »
damn that sucks frolfer! really sorry to hear it. i\'ve been in that bind before and it is not fun...

so so glad i made the last minute decision to go up last night thanks to sallyalli\'s help.

\'twas definitely one of the better shows i\'ve seen in a while. i love seeing jordan back with the band. hadn\'t heard the band cover echidna\'s since the last time it was played at the middle east in \'06. i reaally reeeeaaally hope to hear that more often now that sequoia is in the picture. second set really owned last night. gladys>spunk=holy smokes!