Author Topic: Setlist: 2008-12-26 - Mill Street Brews; Southbridge, MA  (Read 7382 times)

Gfunk

• Papa^
    • http://www.myspace.com/weaksauce603
Setlist: 2008-12-26 - Mill Street Brews; Southbridge, MA
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2008, 02:01:15 pm »
Holy fuckin shitballs what a show! So glad Sundance is back! What will be dusted off and busted out next, frankly po, garcian, love lake? anywho, serbiz all night. I don\'t know how they can ever top that grime time second set, but i\'m sure they will somehow.

Alexingtaint, you are the man. Fucking nazi pigs wanted to fuck us over sooo bad but thanks to your skillz the worst he could do was a  couple $25 tickets for not having seatbelts on. Ha what a loozah. But seriously thanks for being the DD last night.
Facial Hair Would Be So Nice

thatguy

« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2008, 02:15:39 pm »
can\'t wait for tonite!check out jeff bujak,some good shit.

Ren

• what?
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2008, 03:06:37 pm »
wow.  just great.  

with the way the opening jam built and built it sounded like they had something to prove.  cmss was good.  synergy was a surprise, i was wondering if it was gonna just fade away, glad it didn\'t and i\'m also glad it didn\'t segue into anything.  just a strong well played version.  only cuz they play it so much, chris i\'m assuming you\'ll correct me if i\'m wrong, only like 394 times and counting, i get that, "ooooh, not AGAIN," feeling, well i felt it again, but it was short lived thanks to how good it was.  classic version.  hlh was it\'s usual incredulous self i\'m happy to say, just filthy.

2nd set....

after a seemingly endless sca, rufus immediately got our attention and once it got going or should i say, ready for the next level, it went into...scheme!?!?  wtf!?!?  talk about making a statement, fuckin\' powerful and great to see.  i can\'t tell you all the times that i, "swear i heard a sundance tease," in the past, so obviously i thought this time was no different, it seemed unmistakable this time that i was actually hearing it though.  so when dsnumbers started to come my way i was like, "wonder what he\'s gonna say..." he puts his hand on my shoulder and without looking at each other we both confidently say, "sundance," and he walks off.  like a minute later and still surprising us, it began.  shit, did it ever.  it really sounded as if they never stopped playing it, well, i guess it wasn\'t as long as i thought, bill said it was a year and a half, i wasn\'t there, so maybe that\'s why it seemed like forever.  i guess it really was triumphant as chris said.  just one of the best songs they play, it really does have an incredible finish, doesn\'t it bill.  fuck.  back to the craziness with a ferocious bass and drum or whatever you wanna call it.  then a really, really bouncy, dancable drum solo that paved the way for a very dramatic end to scheme.  completely knocked us on our asses.  then rufus picked up as flawlessly as the rest of the show up until that point, exactly where it left off, then it went on to peak like 4 or 5 times before finally ending...

what a set.  i hate the term, "best ever," so i won\'t say it...

shakedown was a nice encore.  it really got pretty crazy towards the end which was a bit out of the songs, "character," if you will, well at least in my opinion.  the double encore was more than appropriate considering the monster of a show that preceded.  

now to be overly dramatic and prove just how little of a life i have.

i went over to the side behind jordan to watch him during the chase, and i got chills, i thought a few times, "holy shit, is jordan really back?" and "i can\'t believe i\'m watching this, i never thought i\'d see this again."  

gonna be tough to top this one.  instant classic.

to steal a page from paul\'s book, chris\'s line of the night on the way home: "so, do you sell a lot of eggnog here?"
« Last Edit: December 27, 2008, 03:12:12 pm by Ren »
"...someone\'s toying with us, Mr. Bravo, and no one makes a Sit N\' Spin out of Adam West..."

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2008, 03:12:24 pm »
Quote from: Lexington;214698

so when we got pulled over about a mile from the venue i was a litle nervous. i hadn\'t had a drink since first set but had some paraphernalia and a little ganj, and my passengers were 2 beer-battered fried spunions. we were not speeding, the only reason for being pulled over could\'ve been lack of seatbelts on the passengers.
when the ponine asked me to "step out of the car" i got really nervous. i\'ve never done any of those tests and was a litle baked from setbreak, gettin squirly. luckily the cop was a newb and was pwned by my alphabet skills. i guess blowing a 0.021 helped my case too.

mill st is a great venue to see the breakfast, but i\'m sick of almost getting arrested there. i guess i\'m just lucky my shirt wasn\'t on fire this time

How can the cops in 1 town be this bad/aggressive?  Seems like they just yank people off the road all night for little reason.
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2008, 03:41:31 pm »
Quote from: Ren;214710
what a set.  i hate the term, "best ever," so i won\'t say it...

shakedown was a nice encore.  it really got pretty crazy towards the end which was a bit out of the songs, "character," if you will, well at least in my opinion.  the double encore was more than appropriate considering the monster of a show that preceded.

Yeah IMO def not best *all time* PB/TB show... but definitely a Class A performance last night :) I have a feeling when I hear the recording of this one I might be slipping it into my Top 5.

Shakedown was sick-- flowing from Dead style to straight Breakfast style and bringing it back.

Quote from: alexanderzurflu;214711
How can the cops in 1 town be this bad/aggressive?  Seems like they just yank people off the road all night for little reason.

Yeah that is pretty much the deal. Southbridge really has nothing going on other than ADC as far as I can tell, and theres mad old people living in that town. So I wouldn\'t be surprised if their town meetings are a bunch of old Nancy Reagans tossing tons of cash at their police to patrol their precious Crime Watch Community..
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

lizardflag

• http://www.jeffbujak.com
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2008, 03:56:53 pm »
I actually felt really safe with all the cops around.  I\'ve played clubs where there is NO police presence and I fear for my equipment, my vehicle and just my health in general.  I\'m kinda a worry wart, but if you respect most cops, they will respect you.  MOST cops, I said.  And also as I said, that one cop inside the club was diggin\' the \'Fast.  He was talking to Seth (the owner of Mill St) after the show and I heard the cops saying that he loved the music.  The Breakfast should play the next Policeman\'s Ball... or is it Policeperson\'s Ball now.  

Thanks, Adrian.  See you tonight!
JEFF BUJAK Web | LIVEBUJ

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2008, 04:00:38 pm »
Awesome show.  Second set setlist is like the setlist you write or say when you\'re geeking out trying to come up with most insane setlist ever.  Rufus > Scheme > Sundane > Scheme > Rufus.  Yeah OK, like that would ever happen.  It\'s like if you\'re walking into a Phish show and you say something like "Yeah bro, I\'m hoping for a Harpua > Forbin\'s > Melt > Forbin\'s > Harpua" and then they actually play it.

I love having Jordan back, and Nikki too for that matter.  It was definitely time to get Sundance off the shelf.  A couple of songs have gone from being "most underrated" to "highly respected" but Sundance has taken it one step further and then gone BACK to underrated again.  Crazy times with Sundance.      

See you for New Year\'s kidzzzzz!  
Quote from: Lexington
my passengers were 2 beer-battered fried spunions

LOL, that is the single greatest moniker for wasted people I\'ve ever heard.  I cannot stop laughing.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2008, 04:05:08 pm by Wolfman »

Vassillios

• straight from the gutter
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2008, 11:50:38 am »
Theres My Sundance. Looks Like A Lovely Little Setlist.
i think it\'s turning back on me / i\'m down on the upside

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2008, 10:42:03 pm »
eh, doesn\'t look like I missed anything that important.

and being sick is fun. :banghead:
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

kartoon42

• overexposed
« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2008, 05:13:40 pm »
show was straight up nasty, prolly the funkiest barley i ever witnessed. sundance. whole show was great
break it down, simplify

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2009, 08:25:18 am »
i am very excited and proud of dangle doo for coming up/endorsing the insane rufus wich.  also, it is sick seeing the guys let chris rage it with full confidence at any point or time.  4 peas in a pod, brah
*Gia*

tyzack

• http://
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2009, 10:01:32 am »
I think that Jordan teased "London Bridges Falling Down" at or around 3:25 of the first part of Rufus.
Apartheid: A policy of segregation and political and economic discrimination.