Author Topic: Setlist: 2008-12-26 - Mill Street Brews; Southbridge, MA  (Read 7392 times)

ChrisPitch

• Hell of a Life
    • http://
Setlist: 2008-12-26 - Mill Street Brews; Southbridge, MA
« on: December 27, 2008, 03:53:27 am »
I: jam > Cut Me Some Slack, Synergy, Beef Barley*, Hard Luck Harry**

II: Space City Affair > Rufus > The Grand Scheme Of Things > Sundance^ > Bass and Drum jam > Drum solo > The Grand Scheme of Things^^ > Rufus

E: Shakedown Street#

E2: The Chase

This show marked Jordan Giangreco\'s first performance with The Breakfast since officially rejoining the band

* preceded by \'NBC Jingle\'
** preceded by \'Verizon Wireless Jingle\'
^ last played 6/28/07
^^ with \'Syeeda\'s Song Flute\' (John Coltrane) tease
# last played 11/16/07
« Last Edit: December 27, 2008, 12:31:07 pm by ChrisPitch »

peaches626

« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2008, 04:05:35 am »
ser biz show.  i\'d say beef barley and hard luck were above average and 2nd set was the heat throughout.

def thought with the house lights on halfway through shakedown and a management type guy on stage that the band was dunzo and in some sort of trouble- pretty sweet when i realized the guy was telling them they had some more time to play another song!!

awesome seeing everyone tonight that i havent seen in forever- too many to name, but i love all u cats

Yo lizardflag, nice job with the between set tunes tonight it was a pleasant backdrop to the evening
taints rule, gypsies drool!

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2008, 04:13:20 am »
2nd set, best breakfast set ive ever seen, goodnight
DS Newbers

FreeSpirit

• Mrs. Tickler
    • http://www.myspace.com/robynsegali
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2008, 05:17:11 am »
sundance, omg, sundance, omg, dunno why that song hasn\'t been in rotation the last few years!  welcome back, sundance!
“Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings. ”[/color]

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2008, 06:25:38 am »
Did anyone tape?
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

tyzack

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2008, 09:29:22 am »
Quote from: Yoda;214687
Did anyone tape?

I saw mikes...
Apartheid: A policy of segregation and political and economic discrimination.

NickNels

• \"That\'s a Deeeewwwww!\"
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2008, 09:29:26 am »
looks great...the band always plays well at mill st.
"After some fun times, Luke spacedocked Marissa."

ulee

• Psygned in
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2008, 11:34:18 am »
An ecstatic evening of nonstop dancing.  Great to see all.

Sundance was Spectacular.  Wow.

I had been getting a little burned out on HLH but i had to eat my words when the jam went all spacey and cool.  

And Shakedown St. was the perfect encore!

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2008, 11:54:04 am »
that shit was LEGEN... wait for it.... DARY.  by the time Shakedown ended, there wasn\'t a dry panty in the building.  the first 3/4s of Scheme was probably the highlight, hell might as well say the jam into rufus in the first three quarters of scheme into sundance was the highlight, but don\'t get me wrong, there wasn\'t a down point to the whole show.  good to see everyone who made it out.

Mill St. will always have a funny aura about it to me, I love seeing the Breakfast there.

ChrisPitch

• Hell of a Life
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2008, 12:38:10 pm »
Sick sick show. My panties didn\'t get wet, but I might have shatted them.

Anyway, highlights were Synergy and a second set that was an instant classic. Sundance didn\'t just return; it came back triumphantly with a version that could have easily been mistaken for a gem from 2004. Shakedown proved to be a terrific encore choice as the entire room was bumpin\'.

As great as The Breakfast was already playing this year, it just seems like they\'re performing with renewed vigor as each show gets better and better down the stretch of \'08.

Welcome back to the fold Sequoia!
« Last Edit: December 27, 2008, 12:40:57 pm by ChrisPitch »

FieryBill

• People Party Coast2Coast
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2008, 01:29:33 pm »
Wow what a show. I\'m in freaking awe still. Not sure if they\'re planning on not repeating any tunes this new year\'s run, but my lord they should play Sundance again. Would be a nice NYE song for sure! It gets my vote for best ending to a Breakfast song....

The 2nd set palindrome was crazy. Pretty sure I\'ve never heard them do that before. Weird, because I had just listened to the 3/29/08 U-Melt show a few days before, and that had a huge 2nd set palindrome as well.

Every song had a great jam! I called the Slack opener, so that gave me a big SEG. Synergy/Beef/HLH all had nice tight jams.

Shakedown had a "Feel Like a Stranger" tease by Jordan I\'m pretty sure. Very cool how they got to keep playing! Chase was a great closer as always. Brought me back to the 8/22 show there when they busted it out. Last 2 encore show for me was Chris\'s first show. Very pumped for tonight. Feel better Good4Garry. :)

Lexington

• suckin seaweed
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2008, 01:39:42 pm »
easily a candidate for best show ever, every song was a monster version. SCA was absolutely beautiful and the sangwich that followed was a life-changer. i was so happy at this show, such a great night.

so when we got pulled over about a mile from the venue i was a litle nervous. i hadn\'t had a drink since first set but had some paraphernalia and a little ganj, and my passengers were 2 beer-battered fried spunions. we were not speeding, the only reason for being pulled over could\'ve been lack of seatbelts on the passengers.
when the ponine asked me to "step out of the car" i got really nervous. i\'ve never done any of those tests and was a litle baked from setbreak, gettin squirly. luckily the cop was a newb and was pwned by my alphabet skills. i guess blowing a 0.021 helped my case too.

mill st is a great venue to see the breakfast, but i\'m sick of almost getting arrested there. i guess i\'m just lucky my shirt wasn\'t on fire this time
caress me, aunt jemima

lizardflag

• http://www.jeffbujak.com
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2008, 01:40:02 pm »
Great energy!!  The music was top notch, of course, but it was the crowd that got it going even more.  It\'s a circle of energy from the band to the crowd and back to the band that makes for a great show and that was the case last night.  Even that cop that was chillin, bobbing his head in the corner was feeling it.  That\'s when you know you got something going on.

Thanks for the support as well.  Thanks for the words, Peaches.  See some of your tonight I\'m assuming.
JEFF BUJAK Web | LIVEBUJ

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2008, 01:47:51 pm »
1st set was straight epic all the way through. Dangle slappin that one twangy note through Barley was sick. I was watching most of the 2nd set from back by the merch and it was awesome seeing Sundance really blossom in conjunction with the crowd energy.

I was surprised to hear a Shakedown as I was telling Gavin the night before I wanted to hear that very bustout :D Feel Like A Stranger tease indeed!

Great time last night! Hope nobody I know was one of the couple cars gettin pulled over on the way out :/ (just read above) shit lexi glad you were able to alphebemezmorize the rookie po nine. Seriously its like on our way outta that venue somebody is *bound* to get arrested. And they will pull you over for no reason other than that they don\'t have a car already pulled over. I feel like its a miracle when I make it out of that town not in cuffs. If it wasn\'t so darn close I\'d never go to Mill Street anymore because its just rediculous.

Jeff that was some super chill set music... Yogospire (off the top of my head?).. I really liked that one

I got like 4 hours of sleep last night after throwing a monkey wrench in my sleep cycle so sort of on the fence about Albany tonight. Guess I\'ll see where my energy\'s at closer to go time.

peace!
« Last Edit: December 27, 2008, 02:04:06 pm by bdfreetuna »
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

ulee

• Psygned in
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2008, 01:54:09 pm »
man the cops just lurk around that whole area.  I had to do like 10 U-turns to find my way out back to 131 but didn\'t get pulled over.. seems they have a lot of female cops; one pulled me over the last time I went to mill st a few years ago.