Author Topic: Setlist: 2008-11-28 - Middle East Upstairs; Cambridge, MA  (Read 6684 times)

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
Setlist: 2008-11-28 - Middle East Upstairs; Cambridge, MA
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2008, 12:24:25 pm »
Quote from: tpalms4prez;212269
jordan needs to stay its as simple as that

:that:
DS Newbers

frolfer

• breakfast geek
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2008, 03:13:25 pm »
Wow.....just got back home from a long-ass drive today. The post show glow is still going strong. Incredible to see Jordan playing with the band. The Chase was so perfect and when he started up with the vocals it was so strong!

Gravity was epic, I can\'t wait to listen to that again(and again, and again!)

I really wish there wasn\'t two opening bands, but it gave me a chance to catch my breath after hauling ass from rochester. I walked back in after getting some fresh air to them kicking into the Chase. Perfect timing.

Hot and crowded. Stage left was a good spot, a little cooler and a little more breathing room.

Thanks guys for an amazing mini turkey tour run. Worth every stitch.

Jordan is the man! Come back, please.
Painted wind and sound, sun and all the clouds, oohooh

weekapaug19

• In the house
    • http://www.phishhook.com/lists/weekapaug19
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2008, 11:30:23 am »
since the show sold out in advance of them hittng stage, maybe a paradise show could be in the works.  Get a local band with a good following to open, and hopefully get more than a hour and a half to play.

and might be a good idea to try and make plans for bills bar show or somehthing else close to follow the biscuts show at the new HOB.
"I don\'t know if it\'s an A-sharp or a B-Flat.......If you get this wrong, we\'ll all B-Flat"  -The Goonies

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2008, 11:37:21 am »
Quote from: weekapaug19;212768
since the show sold out in advance of them hittng stage, maybe a paradise show could be in the works.  Get a local band with a good following to open, and hopefully get more than a hour and a half to play.

and might be a good idea to try and make plans for bills bar show or somehthing else close to follow the biscuts show at the new HOB.

a paradise show would be a great idea, however it should be known that this show was sold out partially because of the fans that were there to see the 2 opening bands.  There were probably 100 or so fans of the opening bands there, and the place probably only holds 250 max.  later on in the breakfasts set once those kids left, you could definitely tell a difference in the crowd size.
DS Newbers

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2008, 12:09:27 pm »
Yeah, this show definitely sold out because of the local bands before the bfast. There was a pretty massive dip once the breakfast got going.

thatguy

« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2008, 12:14:41 pm »
i have the accurate poll draw numbers if anyones interested.15 for 1st band 51 for 2nd rest us.254 paid plus about 50 turned away.sound guy told me dip was for t train.like clockwork for boston shows.

weekapaug19

• In the house
    • http://www.phishhook.com/lists/weekapaug19
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2008, 12:18:50 pm »
I\'ve definetly left other bands early cause of the T, but always go with a taxi for after b\'fast shows.  

If possible, an earlier start time in boston may help, but I assume they tell you when to hit stage

and 50 turned away....wow
"I don\'t know if it\'s an A-sharp or a B-Flat.......If you get this wrong, we\'ll all B-Flat"  -The Goonies

derickw

• Drunken Garbage Can
    • http://
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2008, 12:34:07 pm »
i say next time start 1st and let the openers actually close out the night. plus that\'ll gives all time to hangout and have couple beers with you guys. why does the headliner always have to close out the night??????
never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you

-. --- .-- / - .... .- - ... / -.. .. -.-. -.-

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2008, 06:07:10 pm »
still though, upstairs at the middle east> paradise is a big jump.  the only way i could see them there is if they had a split bill w/ a fairly well known band.  they could always shoot for downstairs at the middle east which holds a lot more than upstairs(although the one time the breakfast played there was a dooze).