Author Topic: The LOST Season 5 Thread  (Read 28020 times)

Vassillios

• straight from the gutter
LOST Season 5 News & Discussion
« Reply #225 on: April 30, 2009, 12:29:44 pm »
Quote from: NickNels;228777
Quote from: Vassillios;228773
[spoiler]an alpert episode next week HAS to be sick. he is one character that we still don\'t know a whole lot about... except that he doesn\'t age and he seems like a pretty important guy.[/spoiler]

Watch it on the spoilers!

I didn\'t think it was a huge spoiler, but my bad.
i think it\'s turning back on me / i\'m down on the upside

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #226 on: April 30, 2009, 02:18:08 pm »
Quote from: Jim Cobb;228735
they won\'t prevent it.  dan didn\'t prevent his mother shooting him. and the purpose of his mother shooting him is probably to keep the incident from being prevented.

dan was the key variable. now that he\'s dead, the rest are not going to have a clue what to do.

Uh the previews for next week clearly show [spoiler]Jack holding Dan\'s journal and saying something along the lines of if we do what\'s in this book we can.....[/spoiler]

I think Dan knew what he was doing and suspected he may die.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #227 on: April 30, 2009, 02:25:18 pm »
folks -

PLEASE USE SPOILER TAGS.

talking about anything that hasn\'t aired yet is spoiler material. same goes for previews for the following week\'s episodes. some people don\'t watch them.

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
« Reply #228 on: April 30, 2009, 02:28:08 pm »
Quote from: leith;228840
Quote from: Jim Cobb;228735
they won\'t prevent it.  dan didn\'t prevent his mother shooting him. and the purpose of his mother shooting him is probably to keep the incident from being prevented.

dan was the key variable. now that he\'s dead, the rest are not going to have a clue what to do.

[spoiler]Uh the previews for next week clearly show Jack holding Dan\'s journal and saying something along the lines of if we do what\'s in this book we can.....[/spoiler]

I think Dan knew what he was doing and suspected he may die.

i don\'t know...he seemed pretty surprised to me when he was on the ground. i suppose he could have been surprised that it was eloise that did it. or maybe he was just surprised that her shooting him confirmed his suspicions that his mom sent him to the island knowing he would die (at her hands).

hmmm...walking to the hostile\'s territory while brandishing a gun then pointing it at their leader (?) could be perceived as a bit of a deathwish. maybe he did know

Quote from: davepeck;228844
folks -

PLEASE USE SPOILER TAGS.

talking about anything that hasn\'t aired yet is spoiler material. same goes for previews for the following week\'s episodes. some people don\'t watch them.

is there a spoiler button on the toolbar? i just add them myself, but it would make it easier
« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 02:28:08 pm by zuke583 »
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #229 on: April 30, 2009, 02:29:31 pm »
Quote from: zuke583;228846
Quote from: davepeck;228844
folks -

PLEASE USE SPOILER TAGS.

is there a spoiler button on the toolbar? i just add them myself, but it would make it easier

there\'s not. i\'ll see about getting one added.

jking

• thanks!!
    • http://
« Reply #230 on: April 30, 2009, 02:54:32 pm »
man, i really hope this show doesn\'t end up with them all walking off 815 in la as if nothing happened....

i also think that when eloise said to penny that desmond was a casualty of the island, i think its because she expected something to have changed re: her shooting daniel. maybe she thought he was smart enough to figure out a way to subvert what happened. and then, when she found out he was ok, she relaxed a little, like when charles asked if desmond was alright and then said, \'good\' when he found out des was ok, i think that means that to them, sa far, things are still on track as they want/know them to be.

this was also the first epidose in a while that i didn\'t notice any \'re-used\' dialogue.

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
« Reply #231 on: April 30, 2009, 03:57:21 pm »
Quote from: jking;228854
this was also the first epidose in a while that i didn\'t notice any \'re-used\' dialogue.

faraday watching the crash coverage and crying was from a previous episode. is that what you mean?
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor

jking

• thanks!!
« Reply #232 on: April 30, 2009, 04:26:03 pm »
not quite, i\'ve been noticing that other characters have been saying lines from past episodes that were said by other characters the first time around. frank lapidus said a hurley line, jack and kate had a jack and locke conversation with jack benig locke the second time, etc... not this episode, though...

Vassillios

• straight from the gutter
« Reply #233 on: April 30, 2009, 04:30:05 pm »
Quote from: jking;228875
not quite, i\'ve been noticing that other characters have been saying lines from past episodes that were said by other characters the first time around. frank lapidus said a hurley line, jack and kate had a jack and locke conversation with jack benig locke the second time, etc... not this episode, though...

there\'s so much dialogue in this show, i don\'t know how the hell you remember all of that.
i think it\'s turning back on me / i\'m down on the upside

jking

• thanks!!
« Reply #234 on: April 30, 2009, 04:50:53 pm »
they\'re specific references. lapidus\' was when the smoke monster started rustling the trees when he and sun showed up ni the canoe/outrigger thing. it was the same line as hurley had their first night after the crash when smokey was screwing with the trees.

the one with jack and kate/locke was the one that was \'i\'m here for a reason.\' \'what reason?\' \'i don\'t know yet\' \'well, you\'d better figure it out soon.\'

there\'s have been more and i\'m not the only one who has noticed it, but you\'re right. the first few times it happened, i figured i was just too tipsy, but then it kept happening and others began noticing it, too, so i felt a little more sure about it....

princesscaspian

• gemini tactics
« Reply #235 on: April 30, 2009, 08:00:01 pm »
Quote from: zuke583;228871

faraday watching the crash coverage and crying was from a previous episode. is that what you mean?

i believe there were a couple "then god, help us all !" \'s tossed around last night
and what CAN you do, when your world is invaded by a reggaejunkiejew?!?

Jim Cobb

• RailroadBuilder/RugPee-er
  • Global Moderator
    • http://www.urban-fetch.com
« Reply #236 on: May 01, 2009, 01:08:56 am »
Quote from: princesscaspian;228899
Quote from: zuke583;228871

i believe there were a couple "then god, help us all !" \'s tossed around last night

"god help us all" club: Ben, Ms. Hawking, Dr. Chang

am i missing anyone?
Postcount +1.

NickNels

• \"That\'s a Deeeewwwww!\"
« Reply #237 on: May 05, 2009, 03:53:10 pm »
Daniel FaraDEAD

Dom DeLuise lies in the shadow of the statue!
"After some fun times, Luke spacedocked Marissa."

inthewhitelodge

« Reply #238 on: May 05, 2009, 04:25:15 pm »
I don\'t think Daniel is \'dead\' in the way we think of. He reminds me of The DOCTOR (Dr. Who) reincarnated.
"When I hold you, I hold everything that is-- swans, volcanoes, river rocks, maple trees drinking the fragrance of the moon, bread that the fire adores. In your life I see everything that lives."- Pablo Neruda:wave:

princesscaspian

• gemini tactics
« Reply #239 on: May 05, 2009, 10:59:34 pm »
i CANNOT wait for tomorrow night\'s episode, and to find out a little more about you-know-who (wheres that spoiler tag?)
and what CAN you do, when your world is invaded by a reggaejunkiejew?!?