Author Topic: The LOST Season 5 Thread  (Read 28048 times)

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
LOST Season 5 News & Discussion
« Reply #150 on: April 01, 2009, 04:36:56 pm »
YOU\'RE NOT A REAL FAN!!!!!

wait what
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor

Rujah

• team digest
    • http://
« Reply #151 on: April 01, 2009, 04:39:20 pm »
April Fools
Merge futhermucker just you merge You futhermucker merge merge futhermucker now

You can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug, especially when its waving a razor sharp hunting knife in your eye - Raoul duke - Hunter S. Thompson, Fear&Loathing

Gimme breakfast..................

Jim Cobb

• RailroadBuilder/RugPee-er
  • Global Moderator
    • http://www.urban-fetch.com
« Reply #152 on: April 01, 2009, 04:59:55 pm »
did i just get april fools\'d by rujah?
Postcount +1.

Vassillios

• straight from the gutter
« Reply #153 on: April 02, 2009, 11:36:47 am »
looks like benny boy has something coming to him next week
i think it\'s turning back on me / i\'m down on the upside

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
« Reply #154 on: April 02, 2009, 12:27:45 pm »
this season needs to pick up the pace. next week looks exciting, but there have been three "set up" episodes in a row. it\'s not like i\'m going to stop watch the show, but if they\'re going to keep up like this, i might as well go to BAR wednesday nights and watch the episode the next day

the hurley/miles conversation was interesting. obviously miles didn\'t think of the "ben remembering sayid" idea, because he probably didn\'t even know about the situation. and does miles even know the rules of time travel, anyway? i might trust faraday, but miles is really just good for two things: talking to dead people and comic relief. oh and where the fuck is faraday?

at this point i could really give a shit about kate, unless she looks as hot as she did in the grocery store. her story is meh at this point and she\'s basically a wet blanket since we know what to expect of her. i realize she wants to love something, but i thought it was a stretch that she cared about little ben that much.

looking forward to next week

oh and i\'m really surprised that kate and sawyer were so willing to give benny up to the others knowing full well what will happen.

props to jack for not performing surgery and shutting kate up ("you didn\'t like the old me")
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 12:27:45 pm by zuke583 »

peaches626

« Reply #155 on: April 02, 2009, 12:30:48 pm »
ya, even when richard was like "he\'ll lose his innocence and always be one of us, blaaaaah!!! boogeyman!!! blagojevich!!!" they\'re just like "ya sure!"

i dunno
taints rule, gypsies drool!

Vassillios

« Reply #156 on: April 02, 2009, 12:55:52 pm »
the big question.... will there be another time shift, so that they move back to the present and join locke, jin, and lapidus? and who the hell is on the island in the present (besides those from the plane), are the others still around somewhere? alpert?

Jim Cobb

• Global Moderator
« Reply #157 on: April 02, 2009, 01:11:40 pm »
my predictions:

lapedis (sp?) will turn the crank at the orchid so that sun can get back to jin.  that is where christian is taking them.  this will restart the flashes, allowing the \'70s folks to get out before ben torches dharma.  they will have to wait for the flashes to get them back to their present and someone\'s gotta turn the crank back when this happens, stopping the flashes (jack?).

this leaves a number of things still unresolved:

1.  Desmond.  He is different, he is special.  He can "change" things.  He has some sort of messianic figure here, and I\'m not sure we\'ll find out how so until the final season.  (perhaps he\'ll make a comeback during this season\'s finale)

2.  Whidmore.  He spoke of a war.  His tone made it seem like this is something MUCH bigger than his beef with Ben.  Perhaps this is where Desmond will be needed.  I have a feeling we\'re about to find out what the deal is with Whidmore and how he ended up in the situation he\'s in, and more about his relationship with Ellie.  Could Whidmore be Faraday\'s father?  I don\'t think so, but it\'s possible.

3. Walt.   Walt must return to the island eventually, as I believe he is John Locke\'s successor as leader of the others.  I bet we get much more of this next season.

Some bigger picture stuff.  When Richard said lose his innocence, I think he was referring more to the Others\' knowledge of the divine than Ben\'s eventual seemingly immoral actions.  I also want to know more about this temple, but I\'m sure I\'ll get to next week.  Jacob certainly strikes me as being our "God" character.  Perhaps this war that Whidmore spoke of is an allusion to the showdown in the book of Revelations?  Anyone else got any ideas regarding the big picture here?
Postcount +1.

peaches626

« Reply #158 on: April 02, 2009, 01:54:06 pm »
although i\'d be interested in walt\'s character having some deeper meaning than where he stands now, i feel like he\'s dunzo in this show.

puberty\'d
taints rule, gypsies drool!

Jim Cobb

• Global Moderator
« Reply #159 on: April 02, 2009, 01:59:30 pm »
then why did john locke visit him?

i\'m also starting to think that the sheppards are jacob\'s lineage.
Postcount +1.

jking

• thanks!!
    • http://
« Reply #160 on: April 02, 2009, 02:12:08 pm »
ok, here\'s my bizarre and confusing ramblings

the simple version~
ever since the ajira crash, i\'ve been noticing dialogue that seems really familiar (having been said by the oceanic folks when or since they crashed), but its being said by different people this time around.

the longer, probably more confusing version~
last night, when juliette and jack were talking after he refused to go help, they had a conversation where he was talking about the island wanting to make the changes (ie, he didn\'t need to save lil ben, the island would take care of it one way or another). i don\'t remember the specific dialogue, but juliette said something to jack that i swore jack had said to locke back when oceanic crashed and locke was being all into the island\'s power/having to get into the hatch, etc, and locke\'s response then was the same as jack\'s this time. it was something about knowing he had to be on the island, but not knowing what he was on the island for. and then juliette said something aout \'you\'d better figure it out quickly\' or something along those lines - which was jack\'s response the first time we heard this conversation. jack and locke had that same convo before. but now its being said by juliette and jack. (juliette having been forced into the doctor position, jack having moved himself into the believing/locke position)

and when miles and hurley had their convo, miles was talking about how whatever happened, happened, so their convo had already happened, but the two of them just hadn\'t experienced it yet. which made me wonder if the conversations occur between certain people in certain roles, but who\'s in those roles changes (due to them occuring in different years/times). so, hurley\'s funny lines were said by hurley when we first saw them, but were/will be also said by someone else at a different point in time. lapidus had a hurley line when he saw the trees get moved by the \'monster\' (something about, \'tell me you just saw that?!\'), where the inflection was similiar and the timing and whatnot. that will always be (and always has been) the line that a comic relief (hurley) type person will say upon seeing the monster move the trees for the first time. the locke type person will always have lines about waiting to see what the island has in store for him. the sawyer type person will always have something smart assed, but fundamentally truthful to say, etc....

Vassillios

« Reply #161 on: April 02, 2009, 02:57:39 pm »
i thought when aaron first disappeared in the grocery store, that he had disappeared from existance, meaning someone had altered something in the past.

then when kate found him, i thought the woman holding his hand was claire from behind. it obv wasn\'t, and that isn;t the case at all, bc it turns out kate just wanted aaron bc she needed someone to love.

lame

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
« Reply #162 on: April 02, 2009, 03:08:15 pm »
Quote from: Vassillios;225271
i thought when aaron first disappeared in the grocery store, that he had disappeared from existance, meaning someone had altered something in the past.

then when kate found him, i thought the woman holding his hand was claire from behind. it obv wasn\'t, and that isn;t the case at all, bc it turns out kate just wanted aaron bc she needed someone to love.

lame

i thought the exact same two things. i think that\'s what we were supposed to feel/think. i though it might be an older claire (because in this show that can somehow happen), but obv not with the american accent (even though she had an american accent in kate\'s dream that one time)

Vassillios

« Reply #163 on: April 02, 2009, 04:47:27 pm »
also, what if hurley shot miles? miles would be dead. he has no future that is significantly played on the island like ben does... he wouldn\'t automatically be healed. what the hell was he thinking?

Jim Cobb

• Global Moderator
« Reply #164 on: April 02, 2009, 05:07:28 pm »
if miles didn\'t have a purpose there, then he wouldn\'t be there.  we just aren\'t privy to his baggage yet.
Postcount +1.