Author Topic: Post Freak-out line-up discusion  (Read 15982 times)

krispy

• I\'m a negative creep
Post Freak-out line-up discusion
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2008, 10:25:58 am »
Quote from: LinesWithin;210687
Quote from: krispy;210605
Quote from: TeddyT;210601
According to .org and some birdies, Jordan will be doing at least three more sit-ins. The Middle East (Nov. 28), Daniel St (Nov. 29), and the Field (Dec.19).

while watching Sequoia play is fine by me, I know a small handful (10 or so) of hyperfunkers that were going to make this one and won\'t if this is true...  :(

we\'re still in. disappointed, but still in.

Glad to hear! we\'ll pregame hyperfunk style!  SMASHBANGBOOMTRASHTHATROOM!

Me!

• life got in the way
    • http://www.myspace.com/ekkatin
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2008, 10:26:29 am »
According to .org and some birdies, Jordan will be doing at least three more sit-ins. The Middle East (Nov. 28), Daniel St (Nov. 29), and the Field (Dec.19).

while watching Sequoia play is fine by me, I know a small handful (10 or so) of hyperfunkers that were going to make this one and won\'t if this is true...  :(

don\'t be too disappointed.  I understand you wanted to see Stoops, but the chance to see the sequoia branch play with these guys again is on to be snatched up and treasured.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 10:28:30 am by Me! »
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

oldnewbie

• it\'s recreational...
    • http://
« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2008, 10:40:44 am »
Quote from: bdfreetuna;210671
I\'ll go see Trio shows, Sequoia shows, and any possible Matt-O shows.

Count me out if its his highness Sire Stoops. That\'s all. Somebodys gotta rep the dissenting opinion :shrug:

:wave:

Gfunk

• Papa^
    • http://www.myspace.com/weaksauce603
« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2008, 10:57:40 am »
Quote from: Overexjoesure;210656
I feel that this is the end.  Matt and Chris were their saving grace, and Stoops could\'ve been their Hail Mary.  I predict they call it quits.  Too much heartbreak for one band...

I hope your wrong but i\'m worried that you may be right. I\'m definitely gonna be hitting every Breakfast Show I possibly can for the next few months just in case.
Facial Hair Would Be So Nice

weekapaug19

• In the house
    • http://www.phishhook.com/lists/weekapaug19
« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2008, 11:12:51 am »
Quote from: Me!;210690

don\'t be too disappointed.  I understand you wanted to see Stoops, but the chance to see the sequoia branch play with these guys again is on to be snatched up and treasured.

I hope those birds are wrong, don\'t see anything on .org about jordan at daniel st.  I would much rather see Stoops, but will be there regardless. I still love jordan\'s playing and listen to older discs with him playing all the time, but I\'d rather see the band move forward, hopefully with Stoops. I think the more he plays with them, the more fun he might have on stage with them, and realize the potential of this band with him on keys.
"I don\'t know if it\'s an A-sharp or a B-Flat.......If you get this wrong, we\'ll all B-Flat"  -The Goonies

Lexington

• suckin seaweed
« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2008, 11:47:39 am »
Quote from: bdfreetuna;210671
I\'ll go see Trio shows, Sequoia shows, and any possible Matt-O shows.

Count me out if its his highness Sire Stoops. That\'s all. Somebodys gotta rep the dissenting opinion :shrug:

yea, but you want lizardfag jef buyak in the band?:vomit2:

NYE setlist:
1: Episode1, Mayfly, Rufus> Episode 2

2: SOS, Buquebus, Gladys Pimp > Spunk, Love Lake

E1: Eschers 1 and 2
E2: Grand Scheme of Things
« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 11:47:39 am by Lexington »
caress me, aunt jemima

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2008, 11:48:53 am »
Why doesn\'t everyone just enjoy the band/music for what it is.  The only thing that you can do to influence the band is to continue to go see them when you can.
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

LinesWithin

« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2008, 11:53:29 am »
Quote from: krispy;210689

Glad to hear! we\'ll pregame hyperfunk style!  SMASHBANGBOOMTRASHTHATROOM!

let the offending begin!!!!

Quote from: Me!;210690

Most of the breakfast shows I have seen were with Jordan.  I was pretty into them for awhile until I moved south.  Bottom line is I wanted to see stoops play with the breakfast.  for selfish reasons I don\'t want him to join the breakfast, but it would be cool to see him play a show with them.

thatguy

« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2008, 12:06:23 pm »
i personaly,want to hear more thoughts on this subject.fire away!

boombox

• SER Euro Fan
    • http://
« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2008, 12:09:17 pm »
Maybe because I\'ve never seen the band in any incarnation live, so all I\'ve got to go on is all the albums, 200+ live recordings and a few DVDs, but my take on things might be slightly different to many here.

I got into pb nearly ten years ago because of Tim\'s playing. However, what got me hooked was the cohesion of the band - all four of them. While Tim, Adrian and Jordan might have appeared the most outwardly proficient, I listened to Ron\'s bass playing mature enormously, so that rather than just providing the bottom end, he pushed them to greater things creatively and technically.

As the band as a whole worked on their vocals, the blend of Tim and Jordan clicked all the right buttons for me. So when he left, while I knew the band could go on, it would never be the same. In the Trio era,  I did love the way the lack of keys pushed Tim to pull out even more, but missed those keys and especially the organ. When Matt joined, while I have nothing but respect fro his playing, I was not really a fan of the more acoustic jazz leanings introduced by him.

From what I\'ve heard of Stoops, he\'s more a return to form for me and I\'ve no problem with his being ex-Raq, as I liked them. It would be interesting to see what his being in the band would bring, not least in terms of an expanded fan base and perhaps greater commercial potential. His songwriting skills won\'t go amiss, certainly. He could provide just the right impetus to push the band to the levels of success they deserve.

Things change, I know, and the "golden age" of the band for me is perhaps over with both Jordan and Ronnie gone. (Sorry Chris, I know you\'re a bloody amazing bass player who has brought some real energy to the band, but my loyaltiy to the Save remains unquestioned.) So, as far as I\'m concerned, if Jordan came back, this would not be a backwards step, rather the welcoming home of a long lost prodigal son. Make the most of the shows with him - especially if the boys take the opportunity to plunder the old back catalogue again.

And as for those of you saying "this is the end", shame on you!
« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 12:13:16 pm by boombox »
Originally posted by leith
Our overseas grassroots coordinator boombox!!! The Breakfast is spreading worldwide :)

psychjosh

« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2008, 12:26:35 pm »
If Jordan is playing I am pretty sure it\'s because Stoops has Job and family Obligations in the South. I\'m told he will be in for the New Years run fo sho.

While I as much if not more than anyone LOVE to see Jordan with them.. I think for the future of this band it will much more beneficial to have Todd in for good. I know he has a lot of responsibility with family and a job and stuff. I think for him IMO it\'s economics.

Hopefully.. They will be able to coordinate a touring schedule that will allow Todd to join for good!
Bring Back the Shotty Nasal!

krispy

• I\'m a negative creep
« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2008, 12:34:41 pm »
Quote from: Yoda;210708
Why doesn\'t everyone just enjoy the band/music for what it is.  The only thing that you can do to influence the band is to continue to go see them when you can.

that is what I was trying to say...

Vassillios

• straight from the gutter
« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2008, 12:38:15 pm »
I can\'t believe people even mentioned these guys breaking up.... sheesh.

What are the rest of the RAQ guys doing? solo shows? They\'re more than likely gonna get back together so a long term stoops is probably out of the question. it sucks because he\'d be good with the bfast, but lets get real. they need another chris on bass, except on keys. hell maybe i\'ll try out, i\'m unemployed and can\'t find a job in this damn economy. got a sweet non touch-responsive 49-key yamaha in my room... buquebus here i come.
i think it\'s turning back on me / i\'m down on the upside

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #43 on: November 12, 2008, 12:46:23 pm »
Quote from: krispy;210674
wow! that is some good hate\'n right there.  I\'d go if Barney was on keys.  I mean I dig the breakfast.  I don\'t try to tell them who should play or what songs to select.  I just dig the band...  some I like more than others. but I sure as hell wouldn\'t boycott them for not doing exactly what I want.

Yea serious hatin.... actually I love all members of Breakfast I just always thought RAQ sucked and after seeing Stoops at Iron Horse I think he has skills but isn\'t a good fit for The Breakfast.

I loved Matt and Chris immediately so obviously I\'m a born hater..

Don\'t think I ever said anything about "boycotting" the band. In fact all I\'ve done over the past 6-7 years is talk up this band and drag people to shows across the northeast.

But when it comes down to it I simply can\'t afford to drive around going to shows if its not even going to be my dig. It\'s not a boycott. It\'s a "I have better things to do with my time and maybe I\'ll go catch some other bands while I\'m at it".

I heard Sequoia is playing Middle East so you will probably see me there... of course holding out my "Boycott The Breakfast!" fliers ;)

And for the record Jeff Bujak (aka Lizardflag on here) is skilled beyond Stoops, Matt, or Sequoia. I used to brush him off too but then I saw the guy play live over the summer and the guy is a genius. Check out his myspace for real the guy has taken leaps and bounds in the last couple years. And I know he loves The Breakfast too.
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

peaches626

« Reply #44 on: November 12, 2008, 01:45:16 pm »
Bdfreetuna, chill with the deemsters.

I agree with everything boombox says.

Quote from: boombox;210712
Maybe because I\'ve never seen the band in any incarnation live, so all I\'ve got to go on is all the albums, 200+ live recordings and a few DVDs, but my take on things might be slightly different to many here.

I got into pb nearly ten years ago because of Tim\'s playing. However, what got me hooked was the cohesion of the band - all four of them. While Tim, Adrian and Jordan might have appeared the most outwardly proficient, I listened to Ron\'s bass playing mature enormously, so that rather than just providing the bottom end, he pushed them to greater things creatively and technically.

As the band as a whole worked on their vocals, the blend of Tim and Jordan clicked all the right buttons for me. So when he left, while I knew the band could go on, it would never be the same. In the Trio era,  I did love the way the lack of keys pushed Tim to pull out even more, but missed those keys and especially the organ. When Matt joined, while I have nothing but respect fro his playing, I was not really a fan of the more acoustic jazz leanings introduced by him.

From what I\'ve heard of Stoops, he\'s more a return to form for me and I\'ve no problem with his being ex-Raq, as I liked them. It would be interesting to see what his being in the band would bring, not least in terms of an expanded fan base and perhaps greater commercial potential. His songwriting skills won\'t go amiss, certainly. He could provide just the right impetus to push the band to the levels of success they deserve.

Things change, I know, and the "golden age" of the band for me is perhaps over with both Jordan and Ronnie gone. (Sorry Chris, I know you\'re a bloody amazing bass player who has brought some real energy to the band, but my loyaltiy to the Save remains unquestioned.) So, as far as I\'m concerned, if Jordan came back, this would not be a backwards step, rather the welcoming home of a long lost prodigal son. Make the most of the shows with him - especially if the boys take the opportunity to plunder the old back catalogue again.

And as for those of you saying "this is the end", shame on you!

Boombox, I\'m gonna throw a bake sale to raise money to get you across the pond for the new years run- tell your kid to get ready.

and after that, bring on Stoops!
taints rule, gypsies drool!