Author Topic: Post Freak-out line-up discusion  (Read 15983 times)

Lexington

• suckin seaweed
Post Freak-out line-up discusion
« Reply #240 on: November 18, 2008, 12:26:17 am »
well, i just want to say that I did not mean any offense to anyone here, sorry jeff for my comment. i actually saw you play at mezzanote and was getting down. i guess i was just being a prick for the sake of it.

that said, letter to stoops is hilar
caress me, aunt jemima

lizardflag

• http://www.jeffbujak.com
« Reply #241 on: November 18, 2008, 12:47:41 am »
Quote from: Lexington;211362
well, i just want to say that I did not mean any offense to anyone here, sorry jeff for my comment. i actually saw you play at mezzanote and was getting down. i guess i was just being a prick for the sake of it.

that said, letter to stoops is hilar

Thank you, brother.  That Mezz show was my second show ever.  That\'s why I have fond memories of the Breakfast since they allowed me to play their tweener slot for only my second fucking show!!  I still can\'t believe it.  That\'s hands down good people.  See you soon.  Peace.
JEFF BUJAK Web | LIVEBUJ

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
    • http://www.myspace.com/klout
« Reply #242 on: November 18, 2008, 01:15:51 am »
damn your oldschool bujak tour kid face

oldnewbie

• it\'s recreational...
    • http://
« Reply #243 on: November 18, 2008, 08:04:40 am »
i think klout should be the face of .info

1. articulate
2. passionate
3. intelligent
4. knowledgable about the subject
5. just enough of a sarcastic ball breaking prick to keep me interested.

(why hasn\'t the jason press thing come up before?)

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #244 on: November 18, 2008, 08:05:31 am »
I told you Bujak was good. :P

I think this would be a Ser combination Bujak busts out the samplers organs ticklin\' keys all the good shit. And he just said he\'s down to play with Breakfast...

you can all thank me a year from now :lol:
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

Lexington

• suckin seaweed
« Reply #245 on: November 18, 2008, 11:48:24 am »
Quote from: Klout;211369

:lol:ya d00d
caress me, aunt jemima

lizardflag

« Reply #246 on: November 18, 2008, 11:54:36 am »
Quote from: Lexington;211382

I\'m sure if I were hip to the .info lingo, I\'d understand... :newbie:
JEFF BUJAK Web | LIVEBUJ

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #247 on: November 18, 2008, 01:18:45 pm »
Quote from: lizardflag;211236
Now... say how "hippie" I am... and how gay I sound... and how I suck... I\'m ready for it.  It\'s not unexpected.  :disco:  It\'s like a one trick pony for this forum.

We need more hippie around here... gay deemsters can\'t even get any love on this forum anymore! (seriously whats the world coming to)

Jeff you gotta play some more hometown shows so I can lazily drag my ass off the couch and over to Pearl St or the Elevens or something. I\'ve actually only seen you with Somebodys Closet and .. pardon my lack of memory, but whatever band you were in at the Hilltown Fallfest in Cummington. I thought you were good after that but in the last few weeks I stumbled upon your solo prog-piano-electronica stuff and let me just say that is some good music to light one up to! Not only that but I\'m convinced your diversity and tastefulness ... well, perfect match IMO.

I can easily picture Metropolis taken to redic levels with Bujak on the keys. In fact I have this imaginary ish stuck in my head right now.

I want to go see at Mill Street but wed night is a tough pull for me... verdict\'s still out on that

For everyone else... have you checked Jeffs website / myspace, etc etc, livebuj.com ?

Question Part 2::: Have you ever seen somebody so on the ball when it comes to promotion? I work in advertising and I must say I\'m impressed.

Last question... are you in the band yet? ?? ???

peace
« Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 01:22:54 pm by bdfreetuna »
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

ChrisF

« Reply #248 on: November 18, 2008, 01:19:24 pm »
Quote from: oldnewbie;211376

(why hasn\'t the jason press thing come up before?)

thats what i was thinking. maybe he has been playing in other bands since rezi broke up, but if he was an option wouldnt greg ellis have hooked it up some time after jordan left the breakfast??

derickw

• Drunken Garbage Can
« Reply #249 on: November 18, 2008, 01:19:46 pm »
Quote from: lizardflag;211383
Quote from: Lexington;211382

I\'m sure if I were hip to the .info lingo, I\'d understand... :newbie:

i like to think i am but that still makes NO SENSE
never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you

-. --- .-- / - .... .- - ... / -.. .. -.-. -.-

Lexington

• suckin seaweed
« Reply #250 on: November 18, 2008, 01:23:56 pm »
i believe he is telling me (Face) that i am an oldschool bujak tour kid (as in, a kid who was on an oldschool bujak tour)

it took a me a few looks to decipher that one as well
« Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 01:23:56 pm by Lexington »
caress me, aunt jemima

inthewhitelodge

« Reply #251 on: November 18, 2008, 02:43:11 pm »
Quote from: lizardflag;211360
Quote from: galenas;211326
hey jeff, never seen you live before, but definitely dig the tunes you have on myspace.

Many thank yous.:biggrin:  Check out http://www.livebuj.com for live stuff... but back to the Breakfast... keep playing damnit!!!!  I can\'t wait for the Southbridge and Albany shows.  I\'ll be there for sure.

See you in Albany! (I also happened to see on your tour list that you\'re playing in Amsterdam, NY. That\'s my hometown, and certainly not an expected musical destination!)
"When I hold you, I hold everything that is-- swans, volcanoes, river rocks, maple trees drinking the fragrance of the moon, bread that the fire adores. In your life I see everything that lives."- Pablo Neruda:wave:

lizardflag

« Reply #252 on: November 18, 2008, 06:01:17 pm »
Quote from: bdfreetuna;211394
Quote from: lizardflag;211236
Now... say how "hippie" I am... and how gay I sound... and how I suck... I\'m ready for it.  It\'s not unexpected.  :disco:  It\'s like a one trick pony for this forum.

We need more hippie around here... gay deemsters can\'t even get any love on this forum anymore! (seriously whats the world coming to)

Jeff you gotta play some more hometown shows so I can lazily drag my ass off the couch and over to Pearl St or the Elevens or something. I\'ve actually only seen you with Somebodys Closet and .. pardon my lack of memory, but whatever band you were in at the Hilltown Fallfest in Cummington. I thought you were good after that but in the last few weeks I stumbled upon your solo prog-piano-electronica stuff and let me just say that is some good music to light one up to!

I can easily picture Metropolis taken to redic levels with Bujak on the keys. In fact I have this imaginary ish stuck in my head right now.

I want to go see at Mill Street but wed night is a tough pull for me... verdict\'s still out on that

For everyone else... have you checked Jeffs website / myspace, etc etc, livebuj.com ?

Question Part 2::: Have you ever seen somebody so on the ball when it comes to promotion? I work in advertising and I must say I\'m impressed.

Last question... are you in the band yet? ?? ???

peace

Don\'t get me wrong, I love this town (city) and I love the vibe here, but electronic music and jam rock music isn\'t given the time of day in Northampton.  It\'s all about folk rock, karaoke, indie rock and DJ\'s.  I do play in town once and while.  You\'ll be the first to know when I book something.

I take what I do seriously.  Promo, booking, managing... I do it all.  But it\'s the bands that I watch and follow that teach me what to do.  The Breakfast, for instance, has a stand down hell of a community of supporters.  Lotus, U-Melt and Ryan Montbleau Band... same thing.  Like them or not, you have to hand it to their fans and community... they get shit done when it has to get done.  I watch their managemen and I mimic every step taken to boost promo and get the word out.  So, even though I do work hard at what I do, I have to give these bands, their management and their community almost full credit.

That was Shokazoba Afrobeat Battalion at Cummington Fairgrounds.  I don\'t play with many any other bands right now.  Somebody\'s Closet once and a while for higher paying events, but I\'m flying solo for a bit.  Thanks for your support.  If you\'re going to a show in town, let me know... I got to a lot of shows in town when I\'m here.

Quote from: Lexington;211398
i believe he is telling me (Face) that i am an oldschool bujak tour kid (as in, a kid who was on an oldschool bujak tour)

it took a me a few looks to decipher that one as well

Well done!  :yay:  I need a decoder ring.

Quote from: inthewhitelodge;211412
hey jeff, never seen you live before, but definitely dig the tunes you have on myspace.

Many thank yous.:biggrin:  Check out http://www.livebuj.com for live stuff... but back to the Breakfast... keep playing damnit!!!!  I can\'t wait for the Southbridge and Albany shows.  I\'ll be there for sure.

See you in Albany! (I also happened to see on your tour list that you\'re playing in Amsterdam, NY. That\'s my hometown, and certainly not an expected musical destination!)

I love playing Amsterdam.  It\'s a venue in someone\'s big basement.  One of my favorite places to play.  It\'s a good locale for Utica and Albany heads.  I went to the mall in Amsterdam once... it was empty.  Seriously... empty.  No stores.  An Army recruiting center and a post office.  I was like... "no shit... they get you when you just want to mail a letter."
« Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 06:13:12 pm by lizardflag »
JEFF BUJAK Web | LIVEBUJ

inthewhitelodge

« Reply #253 on: November 18, 2008, 06:36:10 pm »
Quote from: inthewhitelodge;211412

I love playing Amsterdam.  It\'s a venue in someone\'s big basement.  One of my favorite places to play.  It\'s a good locale for Utica and Albany heads.  I went to the mall in Amsterdam once... it was empty.  Seriously... empty.  No stores.  An Army recruiting center and a post office.  I was like... "no shit... they get you when you just want to mail a letter."[/QUOTE]

Yeah, we began calling it \'The Amsterdam Downtown Store\'...
"When I hold you, I hold everything that is-- swans, volcanoes, river rocks, maple trees drinking the fragrance of the moon, bread that the fire adores. In your life I see everything that lives."- Pablo Neruda:wave: