Author Topic: Toad\'s Place; New Haven, CT  (Read 14988 times)

Mark

• Ser PB Fan
    • http://
Toad\'s Place; New Haven, CT
« Reply #105 on: December 19, 2008, 08:32:46 pm »
He will be, stay away!!!!
"Anyone who knows a god damn thing about this band and has been there as long as some of us have, know god damn well that this show was something special." Ren re: Toads 8/23/07

Mark

• Ser PB Fan
« Reply #106 on: December 28, 2008, 03:15:52 pm »
So who wants to carpool?
"Anyone who knows a god damn thing about this band and has been there as long as some of us have, know god damn well that this show was something special." Ren re: Toads 8/23/07

galenas

• Global Moderator
« Reply #107 on: December 28, 2008, 06:45:03 pm »
how is it possible that i won\'t be at this show?

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
« Reply #108 on: December 28, 2008, 08:45:30 pm »
Quote from: galenas;214750

what gives>?
DS Newbers

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
« Reply #109 on: December 29, 2008, 06:47:43 pm »
Fantasy Setlist

Set 1: Future Peek, No Glove no Love, Tunage> Mayfly> Merge> Tunage, Sundance

Set 2: Space City Affair> Wake up in a Coma, Episode 1 (Happy)> See The light*> Auld Lang Syne> Mooboo\'s Voodoo (Episode 2)> Episode 3 (The Awakening)> M.U. (Episode 4)

Set 3: Doughboy^> Buquebus> Doughboy, You Enjoy Myself, Great Big Fiery Ball in the Sky> Space Oddity

*Inverted
^Intro only

Notes: No Encore
DS Newbers

DocEllis70

• shottynasalGuinness
    • http://www
« Reply #110 on: December 29, 2008, 07:00:55 pm »
ill be in upstate ny at a buddies farm for New Years, which is why i didnt drive to Albany  for Red Square, so ill be missin Toads, but hope everyone there has a great time and plays it safe.. Im sure the guys on stage wont!
sleep a lot...eat a lot, brush em like crazy. Run a lot...do a lot, never be lazy..

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
« Reply #111 on: December 29, 2008, 08:06:38 pm »
me,to a reputable member of the band,"how much$ for a nye mooboos?"
reputable bandmember to me,"nothing.nye mooboos.confirmed".
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

Lexington

• suckin seaweed
« Reply #112 on: December 29, 2008, 08:47:25 pm »
aww sooky sooky now!!!
caress me, aunt jemima

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
« Reply #113 on: December 29, 2008, 10:04:07 pm »
Quote from: ds673488;214821
Fantasy Setlist

Set 2: Space City Affair> Wake up in a Coma, Episode 1 (Happy)> See The light*> Auld Lang Syne> Mooboo\'s Voodoo (Episode 2)> Episode 3 (The Awakening)> M.U. (Episode 4)

Set 3: Doughboy^> Buquebus> Doughboy, You Enjoy Myself, Great Big Fiery Ball in the Sky> Space Oddity

*Inverted
^Intro only

Dave, I love ya, but I am disappointed with this fantasy setlist.  I like set II and the opening to set III.  But Future Peek and Glove to open the show?  Fiery Ball > Space Oddity to end the show with no encore?  Is that all you got?

Check out this fantasy NYE setlist I wrote for 12/31/01 and keep in mind this was 7 years ago thus I only had about half the catalog to work with that we do today.

Setlist: 12/31/01 Powder Hollow Barn; Enfield, CT

I: jam > Rufus > Superfly Phaddy Fat > See The Light > Garcian Fishbowl > Hardluck Harry > It’s the End of the World As We Know It* > Mayfly Disarray > Love Lake > Attraction to Shade Ditty > Flower Punk > LDZ > Son of Simpleton

II: jam > Sundance > Wake Up in A Coma > Tribal Funk Affliction^ > One Big Mob% > Frankly Po Zest > Escher’s Etchings > Episode 1 (Happy) > Mooboo’s Voodoo (Episode 2) > Drunk Monk Bar > Fairy > Score > Drum Solo > The Grand Scheme of Things

III: Puppetry > Auld Lang Syne > Buquebus > Sex Machine$ > Spunk > The Chase > Gladys Pimp and Kangaroos With Me

E: Food For Thought# > Question Mark and the Mind > Food For Thought > Taboot or Not Taboot

* R.E.M. cover – first time played
^Unfinished
% w/ Dave Pecoraro on vocals
$ w/ Seth Wolfman on saxophone
# Thought: Yesterday was the end of the new beginning. Today is the beginning of the new end. (followed by segue into Question Mark)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2008, 10:06:57 pm by Wolfman »

SlimPickens

• just the tip
« Reply #114 on: December 29, 2008, 10:09:35 pm »
Quote from: galenas;214750

You\'ve decided to start off \'09 with a giant bottle of weak sauce?

Lexington

• suckin seaweed
« Reply #115 on: December 29, 2008, 10:17:14 pm »
Quote from: Wolfman;214831
Fantasy Setlist

*Inverted
^Intro only

Dave, I love ya, but I am disappointed with this fantasy setlist.  I like set II and the opening to set III.  But Future Peek and Glove to open the show?  Fiery Ball > Space Oddity to end the show with no encore?  Is that all you got?

Check out this fantasy NYE setlist I wrote for 12/31/01 and keep in mind this was 7 years ago thus I only had about half the catalog to work with that we do today.

I: jam > Rufus > Superfly Phaddy Fat > See The Light > Garcian Fishbowl > Hardluck Harry > It’s the End of the World As We Know It* > Mayfly Disarray > Love Lake > Attraction to Shade Ditty > Flower Punk > LDZ > Son of Simpleton

II: jam > Sundance > Wake Up in A Coma > Tribal Funk Affliction^ > One Big Mob% > Frankly Po Zest > Escher’s Etchings > Episode 1 (Happy) > Mooboo’s Voodoo (Episode 2) > Drunk Monk Bar > Fairy > Score > Drum Solo > The Grand Scheme of Things

III: Puppetry > Auld Lang Syne > Buquebus > Sex Machine$ > Spunk > The Chase > Gladys Pimp and Kangaroos With Me

E: Food For Thought# > Question Mark and the Mind > Food For Thought > Taboot or Not Taboot

^Unfinished
# Thought: Yesterday was the end of the new beginning. Today is the beginning of the new end. (followed by segue into Question Mark)

both of you guys need to take song endings into account. mayfly>  is pretty much impossible unless they segue before the ahoy section. songs that have a definite, tight ending don\'t actually segue, the next song just starts really fast, unless the first note of the second song is the last note of the first song or there is a drum solo or something

so, both of you need to add a bunch of ^Unfinished to your setlists.

that said, ser setlist wolf! almost as crazy as second set Mill St.
caress me, aunt jemima

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
« Reply #116 on: December 29, 2008, 10:28:41 pm »
Quote from: Wolfman;214831
Fantasy Setlist

*Inverted
^Intro only

^Unfinished

my setlist last year nye was more like the one you just put there, but this year i put a more realistic setlist.  I should added an encore, but i had to rush back to the lab and i wouldnt have had time to write out an epic one.  oh yea, and FP no glove to open would be ser in my eyes.
DS Newbers

Lexington

• suckin seaweed
« Reply #117 on: December 30, 2008, 02:37:44 am »
Fantasy Setbreak tunage:

Girlfriend is Better, Fame> Son of a Preacher Man, Shakedown Street> Lazy
caress me, aunt jemima

peaches626

« Reply #118 on: December 30, 2008, 02:39:13 am »
I\'d love to sing along to Youmakemefeellikeanaturalwoman during setbreakfast.
taints rule, gypsies drool!

Lexington

• suckin seaweed
« Reply #119 on: December 30, 2008, 02:42:55 am »
are you even going?
caress me, aunt jemima