Author Topic: Tim\'s guitar rig  (Read 2083 times)

Vassillios

• straight from the gutter
Tim\'s guitar rig
« on: October 09, 2008, 03:15:38 pm »
Not sure if there is already a thread for this, but I couldn\'t find one so I am starting this.

Anybody know what Tim uses for his pedal board? I know he plays an SG and a Strat, not sure what amp he uses, but I am mainly interested in the pedals he uses. The boomerang is obviously one. I\'m pretty sure there\'s a whammy, and some sort of flanger.... anybody else know anything? I wonder if he uses a compression pedal and what kind of overdrive he uses. I\'ll def try to check it out the next show I go to but if anybody knows anything please post here! I\'m looking to buy some pedals and would like to know what the master himself uses.
i think it\'s turning back on me / i\'m down on the upside

Mark

• Ser PB Fan
    • http://
Tim\'s guitar rig
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2008, 03:36:21 pm »
Hope you have a big budget!
"Anyone who knows a god damn thing about this band and has been there as long as some of us have, know god damn well that this show was something special." Ren re: Toads 8/23/07

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
Tim\'s guitar rig
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2008, 03:37:54 pm »
Quote from: Vassillios;207060
I\'m looking to buy some pedals and would like to know what the master (Clapton) himself uses.

http://www.uberproaudio.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=153&Itemid=38
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
Tim\'s guitar rig
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2008, 03:38:09 pm »
Not sure if there is already a thread for this, but I couldn\'t find one so I am starting this.

Anybody know what Tim uses for his pedal board? I know he plays an SG and a Strat, not sure what amp he uses, but I am mainly interested in the pedals he uses. The boomerang is obviously one. I\'m pretty sure there\'s a whammy, and some sort of flanger.... anybody else know anything? I wonder if he uses a compression pedal and what kind of overdrive he uses. I\'ll def try to check it out the next show I go to but if anybody knows anything please post here! I\'m looking to buy some pedals and would like to know what the master himself uses.

I know who would know this answer but he never posts.

Sean Miller since he is the one who basically has helped Tim put together his rig over time.

I\'ll see if I can\'t get Sean to post for you.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

Vassillios

• straight from the gutter
Tim\'s guitar rig
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2008, 03:46:32 pm »
Quote from: Mark;207073
Hope you have a big budget!

Yes, I hope I do too.
i think it\'s turning back on me / i\'m down on the upside

Mark

• Ser PB Fan
Tim\'s guitar rig
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2008, 05:08:17 pm »
Clapton sucks
"Anyone who knows a god damn thing about this band and has been there as long as some of us have, know god damn well that this show was something special." Ren re: Toads 8/23/07

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
Tim\'s guitar rig
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2008, 05:51:31 pm »
Seriously... Old Slowhand is far from "the master"..

I dont know much about Tim\'s rig except it\'s a Boomerang + aka Boomerang 2 ...

I have the first version.. maybe one of these nights I can try to see how the old swaparoo goes over :lol:
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
Tim\'s guitar rig
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2008, 08:50:11 pm »
Seriously... No love for Clapton?  All I needed to hear was the 24 Nights version of Have You Ever Loved A Woman and I was hooked.  .. I guess it doesn\'t mean anything that Hendrix made it a stipulation that he be able to meet Clapton before going over to England.
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
Tim\'s guitar rig
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2008, 09:10:07 pm »
I don\'t think he\'s bad but Robin Trower is/was 100x better. One of countless examples.
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
Tim\'s guitar rig
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2008, 10:11:52 pm »
See - I may be dumb, but I had to look up Robin Trower to see who he was.  See, I\'d have to be in the mod to listen to Protocol Harum, but I can throw on Blind Faith or the Rainbow Concert any day of the week and not get bored.  I guess it\'s all personal taste.

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
Tim\'s guitar rig
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2008, 08:36:31 am »

Here is what I gathered.

Yamaha Magic Stomp
Boss DD3
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop GCB90
Boomerang
Boss CS3
Boss OC3
and the pedal that makes Tim sound like Tim is...
Dunlop BD-55Q (The Bucky Dent 55Q)

SlimPickens

• just the tip
Tim\'s guitar rig
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2008, 08:47:55 am »
Quote from: Spacey;207168
(The Bucky Dent 55Q)

:lol:

the most power pedal legally sold in the US.  Activating it is like slamming a line drive into your audiences face.

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
Tim\'s guitar rig
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2008, 08:48:54 am »
Quote from: SlimPickens;207171
Quote from: Spacey;207168
(The Bucky Dent 55Q)

:lol:

the most power pedal legally sold in the US.  Activating it is like slamming a line drive into your audiences face.

indeed.

I believe they are only made to order and he only makes a dozen or so per year.

SlimPickens

• just the tip
Tim\'s guitar rig
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2008, 08:54:21 am »
Does he also use a MXR HGN 22x

or the "Higgins Compressor Pedal"?

- Miller

S.M. also forgot to mention the Boss BB-65

the "Bill Brasky Overdrive"
« Last Edit: October 10, 2008, 08:54:21 am by SlimPickens »

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
Tim\'s guitar rig
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2008, 08:59:01 am »
Quote from: SlimPickens;207173
Does he also use a MXR HGN 22x

or the "Higgins Compressor Pedal"?

- Miller

S.M. also forgot to mention the Boss BB-65

the "Bill Brasky Overdrive"

I knew he would forgot a few.