Author Topic: The Station\'s Myspace Blog (BC)  (Read 652 times)

Rickey Roux

• The Ludes Did It
    • http://www.myspace.com/rickeyroux
The Station\'s Myspace Blog (BC)
« on: October 08, 2008, 10:27:45 pm »
I discovered this tonight.  It\'s always good to read stuff like this.   

Our week with The Breakfast

So last week we got to play several shows with our friends The Breakfast from New Haven, CT.  I want to say thanks to our manager Caylan who spent a lot of time and effort in the past few months to make this happen.  The guys got into town Monday and Tim and Chris crashed our Dave and Dave acoustic show in Chatham on Tuesday.  After a few shots and a little coaxing, we got Tim to get up to play a few.  Needless to say, the unsuspecting crowd had no idea what was about to be dropped on them.  Tim played and sang a couple tunes before breaking out the big guns: Reba.  Yes, Phish\'s Reba, in it\'s entirety, with loop-station-aided 2 part round in the jam, on an acoustic.  Stunning...

Wednesday brought us to Marly\'s where we played an opening acoustic set before introducing our crowd to the monster that is The Breakfast.  It was a great turnout and our fans really dug their sound (we told you you would...)  Dave sat in on sax on a couple tunes, it\'s was a lot of fun!  Jared also got to spend some time talking lights with Greg, The Breakfast\'s LD (lighting designer).  Greg is a very talented individual and was a lot of fun to work with.  (He\'s also the house LD at Toad\'s Place in New Haven)  Late night at Stella Blue, Tim again got up to play some tunes and brought the house down with an acoustic version of Ice Cube\'s "It Was a Good Day".  And not just the first verse followed by a few sing-a-long choruses,  ALL FOUR VERSES!!!  It was a lot of fun!  Mad props on that one.

Thursday found us at The Canopy Club in Champaign.  The Breakfast tore up their opening set, again, with a great light display with Greg running our Macs.  During our set we had Tim sit in during Smile and Nod for a jam > Tomorrow Never Knows (The Beatles) before we thanked Tim and finished Smile.  It was great to have some many creative musicians jamming on stage at the same time.  We\'ll have to get him onstage again, definitely a highlight of the week!

Friday we made our debut at Reggie\'s in Chicago along with our friends The Hue.  It was quite a small stage to attempt to backline 3 bands along with a lighting rig, but we all put our heads together and made it work.  We opened up the show with as much rock as we could fit in an hour set.  The Hue followed with their intense instrumental prog rock, always good to see those guys again.  Finally, The Breakfast took the stage and did what they do: rocked ass.  I really enjoyed their set.  Their compositions are well structured and interesting, and their jams are really impressive, danceable and propelling.

We\'ll have to do this again sometime, shows are so much more fun with friends!  Check em out at http://www.TheBreakfast.org

Carter
You Lucky Bastards!

Lexington

• suckin seaweed
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2008, 11:02:55 pm »
we are spoiled ass-holes. i always forget how much fun the breakfast is, and how lucky we are to have been a part of this intimate but epic musical experience. rock on guys
caress me, aunt jemima

Whathefunk

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2008, 04:28:40 am »
Quote from: Lexington;206824
we are spoiled ass-holes. i always forget how much fun the breakfast is, and how lucky we are to have been a part of this intimate but epic musical experience. rock on guys

:that:

SlimPickens

• just the tip
    • http://
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2008, 07:43:32 am »
Great find Rickey.  Thanks for posting it.  It is really great to hear when other bands are struck by the power of the breakfast and awesome when they share it with their fans.  Maybe The Station will make it out to CT so we can show them alittle breakfast love... all 40 of us!!  :lol:

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2008, 08:18:03 am »
Thanks for the post.

Glad to hear positives coming back from the tour front.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.