Author Topic: The 2008-09 NBA thread  (Read 26566 times)

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
The 2008-09 NBA thread
« Reply #360 on: June 17, 2009, 03:45:32 pm »
Quote from: davepeck;233794

Seemed like Vujacic had a much more limited role in this year\'s Finals.  I recall him banging in a lot of 3s against the Cs last year.
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
The 2008-09 NBA thread
« Reply #361 on: June 17, 2009, 04:03:42 pm »
Quote from: leith;233679
Yeah Chancey Billups who basically just turned the Denver Nuggets into a threat and won that Finals MVP is not superstar worthy neither was Ben Wallace at his peak.
:sarcasm:

ben wallace was never ever a superstar. i don\'t know how you can call a guy who couldn\'t play offense a superstar.  he went from wildly underrated to wildly overrated in two seasons...don\'t be foold by his contract. and chauncey hit some clutch shots for a couple years (not many in the last few, mind you) and he was a very good point guard. i never thought to myself..."man that chauncey billups is a superstar". that was a total team effort championship in \'04 predicated on defense (coach larry brown). i don\'t expect to change your mind on this issue, just know that i considered that entire team before i made that post
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
The 2008-09 NBA thread
« Reply #362 on: June 17, 2009, 04:09:26 pm »
From what I have seen, albeit limited, Ben Wallace never impressed me in the slightest.
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

SkyePrizm

• separator
The 2008-09 NBA thread
« Reply #363 on: June 17, 2009, 08:34:18 pm »
Quote from: leith;233757
you could use a community college reading comprehension review.

And you could use a brush up on manners and etiquette....

I never once in my arguements insulted you as a person, Leith.  But you did to me more than once. Including with the above.

I respect someone who can debate intelligently without resorting to mudslinging and personal insults.  

I find myself sinking to your level right now even calling you out on this.

Quote from: zuke583;233812
Yeah Chancey Billups who basically just turned the Denver Nuggets into a threat and won that Finals MVP is not superstar worthy neither was Ben Wallace at his peak.

ben wallace was never ever a superstar. i don\'t know how you can call a guy who couldn\'t play offense a superstar.  he went from wildly underrated to wildly overrated in two seasons...don\'t be foold by his contract. and chauncey hit some clutch shots for a couple years (not many in the last few, mind you) and he was a very good point guard. i never thought to myself..."man that chauncey billups is a superstar". that was a total team effort championship in \'04 predicated on defense (coach larry brown). i don\'t expect to change your mind on this issue, just know that i considered that entire team before i made that post

Don\'t you know, Zuke, we know nothing. Leith knows all.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 08:34:18 pm by SkyePrizm »

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
The 2008-09 NBA thread
« Reply #364 on: June 18, 2009, 01:01:09 am »

I agree they beat The Lakers with team defense led by Ben who I must admit has underachieved in his career. However Chauncey is indeed a Superstar just not in the same vein as a Kobe or LeBron. He showed this in the Western Conference Finals this year. The same way he showed it in 2004.
There is a reason Denver went from could have beens to contenders and his name is Chauncey Billups.

Quote from: SkyePrizm;233854
Quote from: leith;233757
you could use a community college reading comprehension review.

And you could use a brush up on manners and etiquette....

I never once in my arguements insulted you as a person, Leith.  But you did to me more than once. Including with the above.

I respect someone who can debate intelligently without resorting to mudslinging and personal insults.  

I find myself sinking to your level right now even calling you out on this.

Hey I thought I was giving you perfectly sensible advice that may help your arguments.
Instead your poor reading comprehension skills lead to your inane and nonsensical posting as far as I can tell.

If you feel insulted, I\'m sorry you feel that way. You should get over it though. It\'ll probably happen again.

Quote from: SkyePrizm;233854

Don\'t you know, Zuke, we know nothing. Leith knows all.

Uh and it\'s about time you realized that.

Oh wait do you really need this? :wink:
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.