Author Topic: Phish in 2009  (Read 205363 times)

DocEllis70

• shottynasalGuinness
    • http://www
Phish in 2009
« on: May 30, 2008, 12:08:34 am »
Nearly four years after their break-up, the four members of Phish may have some unfinished business together. In an interview with Rolling Stone last week, Trey Anastasio didn’t exactly say the band has talked about a reunion, but he did drop some heavy hints. “When Phish broke up, I made some comment about how I’m not gonna go around playing ‘You Enjoy Myself’ for the rest of my life,” Anastasio said with a laugh. “And it’s so funny because Fish and Mike and Page have been talking to each other a lot lately and now — it’s not that I can’t believe that I said that, but its symbolic of how much I lost my mind or how much I lost my bearings or something. Because at this point in time I would give my left nut to play that song five times in a row every day until I die. I certainly thought about that while I was in jail.”

good to hear some enthusiasm out of him, not that im holding my breath for a reunion just yet
sleep a lot...eat a lot, brush em like crazy. Run a lot...do a lot, never be lazy..

lilblondie

• the FU queen
Phish in 2009
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2008, 09:28:15 am »
agreed...i will not hold my breath...and even though i am an old lady now...it would be pretty fun to be super heady all over again.... :)
maybe the sun will shine today...
the clouds will roll away..
maybe i wont be so afraid..
i will understand that everything has its plan...
either way...

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
Phish in 2009
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2008, 09:43:02 am »
watching trey\'s last few public apprearances, id say he needs a HELL of a lot of practice before he is even able to come remotely close to being able to play the tricky licks in his phish catalog...i think if they started touring right now it was be a complete disaster.  its so weird how someone can go from one of the greatest ever to what he is now (very mediocre)
DS Newbers

wildcoyote

• El Cuco
Phish in 2009
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2008, 09:54:42 am »
Trey sucks.  If I see him I\'ll punch him in the face.

Sorry.  Messing w/ someone.

Jerry taught himself how to play all over again post coma.

It can be done.
A man who has seen the things I have seen,
experienced the loss and pain I have experienced,
I transcend race, hombre.

Whineberg

• http://
Phish in 2009
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2008, 10:03:12 am »
I can post on dot info while in a coma. It can be done.

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
Phish in 2009
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2008, 10:13:02 am »
i can wake up in a coma
DS Newbers

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
Phish in 2009
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2008, 10:27:05 am »
"id give my left nut to play that song five times a day until the day i die"   wow thats the shit.  go trey get it together brah !!!
*Gia*

galenas

• Global Moderator
Phish in 2009
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2008, 10:34:17 am »
cool. thanks for the info.

kartoon42

• overexposed
Phish in 2009
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2008, 10:40:43 am »
Quote from: ds673488;191430
i can wake up in a coma

saw that one coming from someone
break it down, simplify

lilblondie

• the FU queen
Phish in 2009
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2008, 10:42:23 am »
Quote from: ds673488;191423
watching trey\'s last few public apprearances, id say he needs a HELL of a lot of practice before he is even able to come remotely close to being able to play the tricky licks in his phish catalog...i think if they started touring right now it was be a complete disaster.  its so weird how someone can go from one of the greatest ever to what he is now (very mediocre)

funny thing about getting all spun, you kinda lose it...but as mentioned before if Jerry can come out of a coma and rock the house (although in my book jerry is a super heady rock god, like no other) i think if he works hard enough he can get himself back together...and no matter you all say lets keep it real...you would all buy tickets and go..
« Last Edit: May 30, 2008, 10:43:34 am by lilblondie »
either way...

davepeck

• Administrator
Phish in 2009
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2008, 10:44:11 am »
let it be.

let it be.

let it be.

let it be.

lilblondie

• the FU queen
Phish in 2009
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2008, 10:46:37 am »
Quote from: wildcoyote;191425
Trey sucks.  If I see him I\'ll punch him in the face.

Sorry.  Messing w/ someone.

Jerry taught himself how to play all over again post coma.

It can be done.

there will be NO punching...but even if you did...i hear that he is a jedi...so watch out ;)
either way...

booztravlr

• SHlTTER\'S FULL
Phish in 2009
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2008, 10:50:17 am »
I\'m not looking to get in a debate about the quality of post-hiatus Phish so I\'ll just say post-hiatus shows were hit and miss, at best, and leave it at that. After seeing the difference in their play from pre- to post-hiatus, would some of you really pay $60 to see Phish play again? Outside of some NY venues and Red Rocks/The Gorge I don\'t think I\'d travel to see them play. A fresh new catalogue of songs along with some throwbacks a couple times a show would be a step in the right direction but only if they took the music seriously and got back to practicing all the time.
Smell my mule.

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
    • http://www.myspace.com/klout
Phish in 2009
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2008, 11:46:34 am »
you know they are gonna play again. just a question of when. I will still go to shows when they do. How many will depend on how good they are. If they are \'04 good I will see the upstate shows. If they are 99\' good I will I see the north east shows. If they are 94-96 good I will do the whole fuckin summer tour.....maybe....the thing is I NEVER listen to them on disc these days so I have to wonder if the live shows would still keep me coming back for more and more show after show???

Vassillios

• straight from the gutter
Phish in 2009
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2008, 01:29:25 pm »
this is so funny. a buddy of mine just arrived in boulder and is living here this summer, and we were talking about this bc we grew up listening to phish. we both decided that if they were gonna reunite that they should do it soon, cuz in like 5 years or whatever all the phish heads are gonna be old, bringing their hippie children to shows. i guess the dead always evolved, but they also didn\'t break up at any point. personally, i hate post-hiatus. and honestly the worst part is trey\'s new guitar tone. it sounds awful. bring back the \'94 thick sustained notes instead of this chunky fat sound which just doesn\'t work with phish. his playing sucks now too, but the guitar tone KILLS me.

you know who kicks ass more than ever though? page mcconnell.
i think it\'s turning back on me / i\'m down on the upside