Author Topic: girl talk tonight in hartford  (Read 2078 times)

Todaysparkles

• The Breakfast Blondie
    • http://www.myspace.com/todaysparkles
girl talk tonight in hartford
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2008, 01:24:24 am »
What a mess! We get down to Trinity 9ish after finding out at 7. Nobody outside the field house knows whats going on for 45 minutes in the rain then we find out each Trinity student can bring in 5 guests. Try and try and finally we find some Trinity Lacrosse Dude type Players that will bring us in, fortunately, but apparently "The Dig" is doing sound check, so they send us back out into the rain. Finally, they let us in and we barely get in because for some reason they are checking everyone for Trinity IDs! So there are a shit ton of 17-20 year olds in there, really impatiently charging the stage and getting down real hard to the house music, getting excited for Girl Talk. House Music is killed, its 10:45. "The Dig" comes on and is downright horrendous but these kids want to stay close to the stage to get up there so everyone starts pushing and leaning and elbowing and it\'s a damn mess. Fights start erupting. One guy says "The next person that pushes me is getting punched in the jaw!" I think some of the kids thought "The Dig" was Girl Talk. Some were even dancing. It got so bad that my friend had to bite this dudes arm. "The Dig" waay overextended their welcome playing at least what seemed 40 minutes. These assclowns that I guess were student/staff are telling us to push back which didn\'t happen.
11:50 They pull people to get up on stage with him from the middle of the audience, tricky. Then  Gregg Gillis comes out, goes off. 15 minutes. He finally gets the hell on stage, bullshits, begins playing the first track of Feed the Animals which goes into something else and the lights go on after 10 minutes.  Everyone has to get off stage. People are fucking pissed and leave. It actually trims the fat, so to speak.
He comes back and plays about an hour and it fucking rocks. Some new sick combos. My favorites were actually one after another: Paper Planes (M.I.A.)/ Can I Get A and  Tipsy/ Loser (Beck)  He played (the tiny dancer/ biggie part of) Smash Your Head and some samples of NightRipper. He ended just as he did at toads. I got kicked, and so did my now  Coach purse that somehow got caught in his shoe mid crowd surf and my leather purse seemed to get damaged, opposed to his shoe?  I have been having problems with my camera, but people were making it downright impossible to take pictures. I got a couple, even one right when he was about to jump on top of me. Gregg Gillis looks like Jesus/ the Unibomber. I have a picture of what this absurd scene was like at this sloppily organized event. It is once everyone cleared out, before he came on the second time. People were not allowed to dance on the stage when he came on the second time. It was all I could get. I was actually quite close but then I got sick of getting whacked in the head a lot.

« Last Edit: September 28, 2008, 01:30:45 am by FrankZappa »
Seasons don't fear the reaper

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2008, 01:28:43 am »
Quote from: Todaysparkles;204691
It got so bad that my friend had to bite this dudes arm

:lol:
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

Todaysparkles

• The Breakfast Blondie
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2008, 01:31:47 am »
I don\'t know why my pictures won\'t load I will try again later. I have had enough frustration from this whole incident, not that it wasn\'t completely worth it.

FrankZappa

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2008, 01:32:22 am »
you linked the web page they were on, not the actual pictures. I already fixed it. ;)
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2008, 03:22:46 pm »
people pay to see this shit?

FrankZappa

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2008, 04:11:13 pm »
Quote from: Todaysparkles;204691

the face the guy on the right is making is priceless. rotfl

Mamalakabubadaya

• http://
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2008, 04:40:22 pm »
i wouldn\'t go so far as to call the dig horrendous. i realize they are no girl talk, but they\'re decent ambitious musicians... i also know one of their guitarists has done promo for the breakfast in nyc.

Gfunk

• Papa^
    • http://www.myspace.com/weaksauce603
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2008, 05:41:51 pm »
Quote from: Igziabeher;204709
people pay to see this shit?
Facial Hair Would Be So Nice

Todaysparkles

• The Breakfast Blondie
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2008, 06:10:34 pm »
The breakfast has promo?
Thanks for the fix, bud :)

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2008, 07:45:44 pm »
Quote from: Todaysparkles;204755
The breakfast has promo?

I know, imagine that.

They actually have a promo/manager company now. They bona fide.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2008, 11:55:44 pm »
Quote from: Spacey;204776
The breakfast has promo?

I know, imagine that.

Too bad they still can\'t manage to release a paragraph about the tour for Jambase.
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2008, 08:28:14 am »
Quote from: alexanderzurflu;204796
The breakfast has promo?

I know, imagine that.

Too bad they still can\'t manage to release a paragraph about the tour for Jambase.

Did you really expect that?

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2008, 01:21:33 pm »
Quote from: Spacey;204812
The breakfast has promo?

I know, imagine that.

Even with their track record, there\'s a band/manager/publicist and none could take 5 minutes to get free press on a site read by a ton of scenesters.
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2008, 02:15:06 pm »
Quote from: alexanderzurflu;204920
Quote from: Spacey;204812
The breakfast has promo?

I know, imagine that.

Even with their track record, there\'s a band/manager/publicist and none could take 5 minutes to get free press on a site read by a ton of scenesters.

Agree.

I have voiced my opinion numerous times on such issues.

Why we are on this, the management company might find some of this information useful because I am sure they have never dealt with the beast that is the Breakfast and the struggle it entails to try and get respect and promotion.

I\'ll give you the email if you like.

FrankZappa

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2008, 03:16:47 pm »
I like girl talk.