Author Topic: New Lineup  (Read 53518 times)

weekapaug19

• In the house
    • http://www.phishhook.com/lists/weekapaug19
New Lineup
« Reply #75 on: September 26, 2008, 10:22:24 am »
A extremely large roll....this will be a very good fit
"I don\'t know if it\'s an A-sharp or a B-Flat.......If you get this wrong, we\'ll all B-Flat"  -The Goonies

Drew_Kingsley

• Your busted
    • http://www.goleopards.com
New Lineup
« Reply #76 on: September 26, 2008, 10:30:05 am »
I don\'t have a huge wealth of RAQ knowledge, but I have heard enough to know that every RAQ fan who goes to a Breakfast show (with an open mind) will become a Breakfast fan for life.

The real test will be to see if we can let them into our little dysfunctional family without being elitist, "we were here first"-minded pricks.
Go see your Breakfast, there are starving Leiths in California

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
New Lineup
« Reply #77 on: September 26, 2008, 10:36:05 am »
Quote from: Drew_Kingsley;204339
I don\'t have a huge wealth of RAQ knowledge, but I have heard enough to know that every RAQ fan who goes to a Breakfast show (with an open mind) will become a Breakfast fan for life.

The real test will be to see if we can let them into our little dysfunctional family without being elitist, "we were here first"-minded pricks.

You must not have enough Breakfast knowledge either. This is inevitable.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

tyzack

• http://
New Lineup
« Reply #78 on: September 26, 2008, 10:36:23 am »
Well, I don\'t know that much about RAQ. I\'ve never really listened to the with the execption of the split DVD they did with PB a long time ago. A sick DVD, everyone should "watch" it.

Anyway, I was very impressed with what Matt brought to the table and will be very sad to see him leave. I admit that I completely bailed on the band the first time they went trio and I have no intentions of doing that agian.

Maybe with RAQ breaking up (??) the B-fast will get their fan base/publiticy by signing their keyboardist.

Oh well.

So who will be on keys the Freakout? Can I have this clearified?
Apartheid: A policy of segregation and political and economic discrimination.

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
New Lineup
« Reply #79 on: September 26, 2008, 10:43:38 am »
I loved the jazz influence Matt brought to the band.

Late 2007 Electric Company May Fly as a classic example... I really think at times Matt brought out the best in Tim and Adrian, challenging them to progress in diverse directions.

To say the 3-piece was the best Breakfast.... seriously?? Yeah there were a few epic shows but overall I felt this was the one time when the music stopped progressing.

I don\'t know much about Stoops other than the 1 time I saw a wicked bad Raq show... but I guess if people are excited there\'s probably good reason. Hopefully dude sticks around and brings whatever cred+connects he\'s got along with him.

Quote from: Spacey;204344
Quote from: Drew_Kingsley;204339

You must not have enough Breakfast knowledge either. This is inevitable.

Yeah I was def already planning on being that guy :lol:
« Last Edit: September 26, 2008, 10:52:31 am by bdfreetuna »
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
    • http://www.myspace.com/klout
New Lineup
« Reply #80 on: September 26, 2008, 10:50:26 am »
duuuuude your so right we all just gained mad heady bonus points and old skool baller status with the influx of raq newbs.  props to us. let the noob bashing begin :lol:

weekapaug19

• In the house
New Lineup
« Reply #81 on: September 26, 2008, 10:56:53 am »
Quote from: Klout;204361
duuuuude your so right we all just gained mad heady bonus points and old skool baller status with the influx of raq newbs.  props to us. let the noob bashing begin :lol:

that\'s one thing i really hope not to see.......the b\'fast fans already have a bad rep of doing this, and this is a opportunity to get ALOT more fans. Some people can\'t take a joke, so keep that in mind, your noob bashing may just turn people off = less fans/money for the band
"I don\'t know if it\'s an A-sharp or a B-Flat.......If you get this wrong, we\'ll all B-Flat"  -The Goonies

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
    • http://www.myspace.com/klout
New Lineup
« Reply #82 on: September 26, 2008, 11:00:28 am »
Quote from: weekapaug19;204363

Some people can\'t take a joke

you = clearly one of those people.

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
New Lineup
« Reply #83 on: September 26, 2008, 11:03:10 am »

the b\'fast fans already have a bad rep of doing this

er=s
(elaboration request=sent)
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

NickNels

• \"That\'s a Deeeewwwww!\"
New Lineup
« Reply #84 on: September 26, 2008, 11:08:28 am »
that\'s one thing i really hope not to see.......the b\'fast fans already have a bad rep of doing this, and this is a opportunity to get ALOT more fans. Some people can\'t take a joke, so keep that in mind, your noob bashing may just turn people off = less fans/money for the band

We\'re going to have to tie-up Holly or something :)
"After some fun times, Luke spacedocked Marissa."

derickw

• Drunken Garbage Can
    • http://
New Lineup
« Reply #85 on: September 26, 2008, 11:17:59 am »
tuna..... just my personal preference

noob bashing....... it\'s inevitable... but always in good fun. and if they ever met any of us face to face they would realize we are all just a bunch of ball busters. take nothing personally that\'s written on the internet, it\'s all hugs at the show
never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you

-. --- .-- / - .... .- - ... / -.. .. -.-. -.-

weekapaug19

• In the house
New Lineup
« Reply #86 on: September 26, 2008, 11:21:06 am »
Quote from: Klout;204366

Some people can\'t take a joke

you = clearly one of those people.

actually, i can, but yours aren\'t very funny, they usually aren\'t.

some people read this stuff and take it serious

Quote from: freddiewaht;204368

the b\'fast fans already have a bad rep of doing this

er=s
(elaboration request=sent)

looking around at other boards and reading what people say when colaborations happen and such. Usually a positive on the music but a bad rep with fans, bashing other bands and what have you.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2008, 11:21:06 am by weekapaug19 »

Vassillios

• straight from the gutter
New Lineup
« Reply #87 on: September 26, 2008, 11:27:47 am »
I can\'t believe I\'m just seeing this thread now for the first time after 6 pages have already been written. I guess it\'s kind of a big deal.

MATT WHAT CAN I SAY YOU WERE THE MAJOR CONTRIBUTOR IN BRINGING THE BREAKFAST TO THE LEVEL THEY ARE AT NOW. Without you the band would probably not have moved forward at all, you brought a lot to the band and it was awesome to get to see you for those 3 shows in Colorado last October \'07. It is sad to see you go, but like what most other people have already mentioned, it is very humble of you to realize this is not for you and not stick it out because you think you have to, and also to reach out and find an AMAZING replacement... hats off to you. I wish you well in the future.

On a side note, I\'m def pissed at myself for not driving down to Harper\'s Ferry they other night.

Quote from: freddiewaht;204329

but seriously,what about goin back to psychedelic breakfast?

I read an article in Relix: "The worst band names" or something like that, and they mentioned the Breakfast and how their old name Psychedelic Breakfast didn\'t work for them... not the best press ever, so I don\'t see the band going back to it.

Quote from: sjell

I\'ve heard great things about Todd\'s playing, but haven\'t heard anything about his vocals/harmonies? Can anyone weigh in on this?...and what role did he play in composing RAQ\'s music and lyrics?

I\'ve seen RAQ a few times and if I remember correctly Stoops sang the majority of the songs. He has a good voice which will be a huge addition, but his playing style is definitely what\'s going to take notice. He and Michetti were def above and beyond the other two in RAQ, and Stoops deifnitely stood out as an awesome keyboardist. He will bring a lot of the funk, the Queeb-psychedelia, cool organ sounds and great piano riffs. This is a huge addition for the band, I actually can\'t believe it\'s true.... I was skeptical about Chris but he has proven himself more than worthy, and with Stoops joining in this is like an all-star band, and people will definitely start to take notice. It\'s kinda like Reed Mathis joining Tea Leaf Green, except the Breakfast is going to sound 100% better than Tea Leaf Green these days. All we have to do is hope and pray that RAQ doesn\'t reform and Stoops finds his niche in the Breakfast for good! (Or at least another 12 months)
i think it\'s turning back on me / i\'m down on the upside

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
New Lineup
« Reply #88 on: September 26, 2008, 11:30:59 am »
Quote from: Vassillios;204387

Quote from: freddiewaht;204329

but seriously,what about goin back to psychedelic breakfast?

I read an article in Relix: "The worst band names" or something like that, and they mentioned the Breakfast and how their old name Psychedelic Breakfast didn\'t work for them... not the best press ever, so I don\'t see the band going back to it.

Any press is good press.

The should have stood there ground and never changed their name in the first place.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

tmn8r1

• Guitar Slave
    • http://www.thebreakfast.org
A Quick and Unpolished response is right - here is the deal.
« Reply #89 on: September 26, 2008, 11:44:02 am »
Quote from: Matt o;204241
Shortly after I realized this, I heard that RAQ was disbanding.

RAQ isn\'t DISBANDING - they are still RAQ. Todd Stoops is just filling in for Matt to help us out until we figure something out. Thats all. Todd Stoops is not joining The Breakfast.
He is, like the press release said, taking over and finishing the year out with The Breakfast.
Plain and Simple. We look forward to Todd helping us out. we are here to make music be it a three piece, four piece, five piece, or a band with buckets and spoons. Matt is missing tour dates for he is doing a movie soundtrack and cameo\'s and also has decided to go to Greece and play with Melvin Sparks for a week. We appreciate Matt\'s contribution to this band over the past year and wish him well.

Tim Palmieri over and out.
When words leave off, music begins. - Heinrich Heine