Author Topic: New Lineup  (Read 54025 times)

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
    • http://www.myspace.com/klout
New Lineup
« Reply #60 on: September 26, 2008, 07:49:45 am »
I will definitely miss WNU

weekapaug19

• In the house
    • http://www.phishhook.com/lists/weekapaug19
New Lineup
« Reply #61 on: September 26, 2008, 07:56:04 am »
I\'m not sure who could be happier to hear this, myself or Mr. Krispy.

This band is about to get big....I really hope this is for more than the 2 months, but I can\'t wait for the freakout ironhorse show.
"I don\'t know if it\'s an A-sharp or a B-Flat.......If you get this wrong, we\'ll all B-Flat"  -The Goonies

delfunk1

• South Shore BreakfastHead
    • http://
New Lineup
« Reply #62 on: September 26, 2008, 08:05:06 am »
I guess "The Message" haters can rest easy now.
This isn\'t who it would be if it wasn\'t who it is.

"Part of me suspects that I\'m a loser, and the other part of me thinks I\'m God Almighty. " -John Lennon

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
New Lineup
« Reply #63 on: September 26, 2008, 08:18:45 am »
This potentially might be the best Breakfast line-up to date. I feel that all the cards are in place and that if it can\'t be done with Stoops on keys, then it will never be done.

The Breakfast just stepped up to a whole new level.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

NickNels

• \"That\'s a Deeeewwwww!\"
New Lineup
« Reply #64 on: September 26, 2008, 08:39:45 am »
Stoops + the Breakfast = Buquebus will own faces
"After some fun times, Luke spacedocked Marissa."

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
New Lineup
« Reply #65 on: September 26, 2008, 08:47:17 am »
Quote from: NickNels;204301
Stoops + the Breakfast = Buquebus will own faces

My hopes and dreams.

krispy

• I\'m a negative creep
New Lineup
« Reply #66 on: September 26, 2008, 08:52:02 am »
Quote from: weekapaug19;204293
I\'m not sure who could be happier to hear this, myself or Mr. Krispy.

This band is about to get big....I really hope this is for more than the 2 months, but I can\'t wait for the freakout ironhorse show.

I\'m gonna have to go with me on this one...  ;)

derickw

• Drunken Garbage Can
New Lineup
« Reply #67 on: September 26, 2008, 09:17:43 am »
Matt, thanks for everything. Life\'s a learning experience and if you take nothing from your day to day encounters your destined to make the same mistakes and live in purgatory. Cheers to you. i think all band members learned a great deal from each other and i hope everyone retains what they have experienced. Matt opened the other guys eyes to a different side of music which i hope they don\'t lose and i would think the same is true for Matt. Matt i hope you continue to play music, your an incredible keyboardist and though the Breakfast might not have been a fit there are a lot of bands out there that could use your positive energy and adaptive sounds.

Stoops....... we\'ll see. i expect he\'ll be a real good addition to the band. Bringing new fans for the Breakfast, opening the doors with some of his connections. Raq has seen fame the Breakfast is yet to reach and i hope his addition to the band can bring them to those places and show some of the faggot scenester hipsters how a real band owns your fucking face.

and FUCK!!! i LOVED the 3 piece (imho they were the best the Breakfast has EVER been) and i\'ll be pissed if i can\'t catch a show with them ripping it up. and with Chris on bass...... come on people open you fucking ears, this gonna ROCK
never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you

-. --- .-- / - .... .- - ... / -.. .. -.-. -.-

SlimPickens

• just the tip
New Lineup
« Reply #68 on: September 26, 2008, 09:22:19 am »
Quote from: boombox;204286

In addition, "special guest appearances!"?? Does ths mean sequoia is a possible for a few shows? He seems to have been around a lot lately eg the Beatles shows. Much as I respect Todd, might this be the time for Jordan to come back? I for one have missed that organ sound and his vocals for too long. Permanent would be good for me, but if not, even a few shows to bring back some of the classic pb material would be nice.

I don\'t see this happening.  But I agree, I miss his bluesy vocals.  But lets look forward.  I\'m hoping Stoops becomes permenant, and I really think this could be the final piece of the puzzle.

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
New Lineup
« Reply #69 on: September 26, 2008, 09:29:05 am »
Quote from: derickw;204308
Matt, thanks for everything. Life\'s a learning experience and if you take nothing from your day to day encounters your destined to make the same mistakes and live in purgatory. Cheers to you. i think all band members learned a great deal from each other and i hope everyone retains what they have experienced. Matt opened the other guys eyes to a different side of music which i hope they don\'t lose and i would think the same is true for Matt. Matt i hope you continue to play music, your an incredible keyboardist and though the Breakfast might not have been a fit there are a lot of bands out there that could use your positive energy and adaptive sounds.

Stoops....... we\'ll see. i expect he\'ll be a real good addition to the band. Bringing new fans for the Breakfast, opening the doors with some of his connections. Raq has seen fame the Breakfast is yet to reach and i hope his addition to the band can bring them to those places and show some of the faggot scenester hipsters how a real band owns your fucking face.

and FUCK!!! i LOVED the 3 piece (imho they were the best the Breakfast has EVER been) and i\'ll be pissed if i can\'t catch a show with them ripping it up. and with Chris on bass...... come on people open you fucking ears, this gonna ROCK

well said, dw.

Quote from: SlimPickens;204309
Quote from: boombox;204286

In addition, "special guest appearances!"?? Does ths mean sequoia is a possible for a few shows? He seems to have been around a lot lately eg the Beatles shows. Much as I respect Todd, might this be the time for Jordan to come back? I for one have missed that organ sound and his vocals for too long. Permanent would be good for me, but if not, even a few shows to bring back some of the classic pb material would be nice.

I don\'t see this happening.  But I agree, I miss his bluesy vocals.  But lets look forward.  I\'m hoping Stoops becomes permenant, and I really think this could be the final piece of the puzzle.

You always say, "this could be the final piece of the puzzle" and look what happens.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2008, 09:29:05 am by Spacey »

wildcoyote

• El Cuco
New Lineup
« Reply #70 on: September 26, 2008, 09:51:17 am »
Quote from: derickw;204308

/\\/\\/\\ I\'d like to nominate this for post of the year.

I liked the 3 piece (alot).

I like Raq.

I like The Breakfast with Raq (Stoops) sit ins.  

This should be good.

Thanks Matt.  Very classy to recognize it\'s when it\'s not right for you, and then help find a top notch replacement.
A man who has seen the things I have seen,
experienced the loss and pain I have experienced,
I transcend race, hombre.

jking

• thanks!!
New Lineup
« Reply #71 on: September 26, 2008, 09:56:20 am »
well, as much as i like matt and his musical submissions, i have been thinking lately that, as boombox said, he was a bit too jazzy at times. not quite enough balls, not quite enough funk, not quite sure how to space it out without sliding into abstract jazz (all of which is fine, just not within the context of the breakfast). so, while i\'m sad there\'s another bump in the road for the band, i am glad that the band\'s music and success was forefront in everyone\'s thoughts and matt bowed out about as gracefully and classily as could ever be asked for. he saw his vision for himself, he saw the band\'s vision for itself and was able to see the differences and in the end did what was best for both. kudos and thanks to you, matt! now, let\'s see what the future unfolds...

NickNels

• \"That\'s a Deeeewwwww!\"
New Lineup
« Reply #72 on: September 26, 2008, 10:02:30 am »
I liked the 3 piece (alot).

I like Raq.

I like The Breakfast with Raq (Stoops) sit ins.

This should be good.

Thanks Matt. Very classy to recognize it\'s when it\'s not right for you, and then help find a top notch replacement.

I completely agree on all counts
"After some fun times, Luke spacedocked Marissa."

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
New Lineup
« Reply #73 on: September 26, 2008, 10:16:10 am »
these 4 dudes together will absoltely kill it.
:quits job>jumps on tour:
but seriously,what about goin back to psychedelic breakfast?
seriously.
do it!
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

sjell

New Lineup
« Reply #74 on: September 26, 2008, 10:18:28 am »
Thanks Matt!...and best wishes!

I\'ve heard great things about Todd\'s playing, but haven\'t heard anything about his vocals/harmonies?  Can anyone weigh in on this?...and what role did he play in composing RAQ\'s music and lyrics?