Author Topic: New Lineup  (Read 53972 times)

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
New Lineup
« Reply #270 on: October 09, 2008, 09:11:43 pm »
I think horns sound like farts of various frequencies. Therefore I avoid listening to them.
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

Me!

• life got in the way
    • http://www.myspace.com/ekkatin
New Lineup
« Reply #271 on: October 09, 2008, 11:16:19 pm »
whatever happened to doing something just cause it\'s gonna be cool.  It\'s gonna be incredible to have Stoops playing with them for a few shows. Fuck all else.
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

Lexington

• suckin seaweed
New Lineup
« Reply #272 on: October 09, 2008, 11:32:36 pm »
Quote from: bdfreetuna;207147
my posts sound like farts of various frequencies. Therefore I avoid listening to them.

i agree
caress me, aunt jemima

SlimPickens

• just the tip
    • http://
New Lineup
« Reply #273 on: October 10, 2008, 07:25:57 am »
Quote from: Lexington;207152
my posts sound like farts of various frequencies. Therefore I avoid listening to them.

i agree

:lol: now that\'s dick

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
New Lineup
« Reply #274 on: October 10, 2008, 08:30:09 am »
Quote from: Gfunk;207117
Quote from: Spacey;207112
Quote from: Gfunk;207109
You guys are nuts, this is going to expose many new people to the band. Also it\'s not like Tim, Chris, & Adrian will get worse during this time period, they can still write new material and debut new songs with Stoops in the picture. Enjoy your heteraide.

Do you think all these new fans are going to stick around when they go back to being a 3 piece after 1/1?

No, it\'ll be cool for the shows he plays but then we are back to square one.

This band has not made any ground in the last 12-18 months.

Besides, I don\'t think they can survive as a band without Stoops.
What makes you so sure that the new fans wont stick around? You think zero faces will be owned, zero new hardcore fans will be gained? Also you seem pretty sure that Stoops will be out like a fat girl playin dodgeball 1/1. Source?

Don\'t be naive. The first run through as a 3 piece BARELY held together. I enjoyed it but the shows were extremely light.

What makes you think they will stay?

I am saying the opposite of that Stoops is leaving. I think he is staying.

Quote from: bdfreetuna;207123
Spacey I respectfully disagree on lesser points...

The Breakfast does not *need* a keyboard player. Ooops, brain fart. The Breakfast needs a keyboard player!

To me Breakfast Trio was not their highest point musically. The high points being pretty much any time with Sequoia or Matt in the picture. Tim is in my top 5 favorite all time musicians so I hate to criticize at all -- but I really hope not to see the guy trying to tackle keyboards and guitar at the same time again. I mean its badass that he could pull it off... but IMO it caused a lot of limitations that you don\'t have with a seperate guy on keys.

What are we disagreeing with?

I believe the Breakfast needs a Keyboardist to survive.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
New Lineup
« Reply #275 on: October 10, 2008, 11:56:30 am »
for the record, i saw umphreys last night and was talking to everyone i saw about the new lineup, and somehow everyone already knew about it....i think thats a good thing
DS Newbers

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
New Lineup
« Reply #276 on: October 10, 2008, 11:58:16 am »
Quote from: ds673488;207253
for the record, i saw umphreys last night and was talking to everyone i saw about the new lineup, and somehow everyone already knew about it....i think thats a good thing

That is definitely good. Peaking some interest.

The real deal is keeping them interested.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
    • http://www.myspace.com/klout
New Lineup
« Reply #277 on: October 10, 2008, 09:05:34 pm »
in retrospect matt ditching out days before the biggest tour of the bands career was a pretty dick move. I know he wanted to go in different directions musically and thats understandable  so you wanna quit..FINE...but at least honor the commitment you made to the tour.  sticking it out for one more month is not going to impact the rest of your life that much one way or the other.  And why even let him come back for a few shows after doing almost the whole tour without him cause he was too busy with other shit??? In or out.

That said...LETS GO STOOPS!

really hope it works out and he stays on permanently and commits to the long haul. This bands badly needs some stability.

jocelyn

• Not in charge.
    • http://www.myspace.com/cowwcowboogie
New Lineup
« Reply #278 on: October 10, 2008, 09:35:53 pm »
I think horns sound like farts of various frequencies. Therefore I avoid listening to them.

Your post sounds like one big fart.
Masturbation in the MFA

peaches626

New Lineup
« Reply #279 on: October 11, 2008, 10:46:22 am »
is this really the biggest tour of the bands career? i think not.  I also find it strange that they would play shows without matt and then bring him back, but whatever floats their boat i guess...
taints rule, gypsies drool!

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
New Lineup
« Reply #280 on: October 11, 2008, 12:36:30 pm »
Quote from: jocelyn;207395

Your post sounds like one big fart.

At least it didn\'t smell as bad as it sounded.
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

jocelyn

• Not in charge.
    • http://www.myspace.com/cowwcowboogie
New Lineup
« Reply #281 on: October 11, 2008, 06:00:50 pm »
I am grateful for that.
Masturbation in the MFA

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
New Lineup
« Reply #282 on: October 12, 2008, 12:47:24 pm »
Quote from: Klout;207387
in retrospect matt ditching out days before the biggest tour of the bands career was a pretty dick move. I know he wanted to go in different directions musically and thats understandable  so you wanna quit..FINE...but at least honor the commitment you made to the tour.  sticking it out for one more month is not going to impact the rest of your life that much one way or the other.  And why even let him come back for a few shows after doing almost the whole tour without him cause he was too busy with other shit??? In or out.

That said...LETS GO STOOPS!

really hope it works out and he stays on permanently and commits to the long haul. This bands badly needs some stability.

I completely agree with this post.
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

mudd

New Lineup
« Reply #283 on: October 15, 2008, 02:37:45 pm »
the fact that stoops is joining up for the rest of the year has already heightened the public\'s awareness for the breakfast.

that\'s how it all starts. now raq fans are trying to sell out the breakfast shows.

i have no idea how this can be thought of as anything but excellent for the band given the circumstances.

lemons -> lemonade -> sickness

krispy

• I\'m a negative creep
New Lineup
« Reply #284 on: October 15, 2008, 02:48:54 pm »
Quote from: mudd;207999
the fact that stoops is joining up for the rest of the year has already heightened the public\'s awareness for the breakfast.

that\'s how it all starts. now raq fans are trying to sell out the breakfast shows.

i have no idea how this can be thought of as anything but excellent for the band given the circumstances.

lemons -> lemonade -> sickness

agreed.

Mudd? Turtle soup mudd?