Author Topic: New Lineup  (Read 54052 times)

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
New Lineup
« Reply #255 on: October 09, 2008, 03:54:57 pm »
Quote from: Gfunk;207071
but at the very least this will boost The Breakfasts fanbase and create some hype for these upcoming shows (not to mention make some ser music)

Any rumor yet if they are gonna take advantage of the southern RAQ fanbase and book a run down there?  Dividend for Stoops - he gets to visit his family along the way.
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
New Lineup
« Reply #256 on: October 09, 2008, 04:01:51 pm »
Quote from: booztravlr;207086
Quote from: Spacey;207074
I believe it will come down to a decision Stoops has to make with his family in mind.

Lets not bullshit ourselves here. This isn\'t a money gig.

It will come down to comfortability, musicianship and family.

I\'m not questioning that part. It just seems like Adrian/Tim/Chris will be putting in a lot of time and effort to make Stoops apart of the band and if he isn\'t going to stay on for 2009, it\'s basically a wasted effort and a 2 month road block in their songwriting/repertoire.

Do you honestly believe that they haven\'t asked Stoops to fill in past the new year?

Because, I agree, it is a major waste of time and energy if they aren\'t going to be a 4 piece on 1/1. They should direct their attention to tightening up the 3 piece.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

SlimPickens

• just the tip
    • http://
New Lineup
« Reply #257 on: October 09, 2008, 04:14:21 pm »
Quote from: Spacey;207089
I believe it will come down to a decision Stoops has to make with his family in mind.

I\'m not questioning that part. It just seems like Adrian/Tim/Chris will be putting in a lot of time and effort to make Stoops apart of the band and if he isn\'t going to stay on for 2009, it\'s basically a wasted effort and a 2 month road block in their songwriting/repertoire.

Do you honestly believe that they haven\'t asked Stoops to fill in past the new year?

Because, I agree, it is a major waste of time and energy if they aren\'t going to be a 4 piece on 1/1. They should direct their attention to tightening up the 3 piece.

regardless of whether they asked, whether he\'s gonna, the chance to hear even a block of full shows (not just sitins) with Stoops behind the keys is very exciting.  this wasted time theory is worth losing even for just a moment.

booztravlr

• SHlTTER\'S FULL
New Lineup
« Reply #258 on: October 09, 2008, 04:14:23 pm »

I would assume this to be one of the first questions they asked him to which I\'m sure he replied he\'d need a trial run first, which brings us to the current situation.

Exactly my point! It would allow Chris more time to learn additional breakfast songs and also give them all a chance to write more music without being distracted by practices teaching Stoops a couple dozen songs.
Smell my mule.

Gfunk

• Papa^
    • http://www.myspace.com/weaksauce603
New Lineup
« Reply #259 on: October 09, 2008, 04:16:20 pm »
Quote from: alexanderzurflu;207088
Quote from: Gfunk;207071
but at the very least this will boost The Breakfasts fanbase and create some hype for these upcoming shows (not to mention make some ser music)

Any rumor yet if they are gonna take advantage of the southern RAQ fanbase and book a run down there?  Dividend for Stoops - he gets to visit his family along the way.

I\'m with ya Al, they should definitely hit up the much neglected south while Stoops is on board.

whatever haters this is gonna be the shit.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 04:16:20 pm by Gfunk »
Facial Hair Would Be So Nice

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
New Lineup
« Reply #260 on: October 09, 2008, 04:16:38 pm »
Quote from: SlimPickens;207097

regardless of whether they asked, whether he\'s gonna, the chance to hear even a block of full shows (not just sitins) with Stoops behind the keys is very exciting.  this wasted time theory is worth losing even for just a moment.

Forget what is best for the band, right?

Whatever is best for the local CT fans.

Lexington

• suckin seaweed
New Lineup
« Reply #261 on: October 09, 2008, 04:24:24 pm »
for once i agree with spacey
caress me, aunt jemima

Gfunk

• Papa^
New Lineup
« Reply #262 on: October 09, 2008, 04:34:12 pm »
You guys are nuts, this is going to expose many new people to the band. Also it\'s not like Tim, Chris, & Adrian will get worse during this time period, they can still write new material and debut new songs with Stoops in the picture. Enjoy your heteraide.

SlimPickens

• just the tip
New Lineup
« Reply #263 on: October 09, 2008, 04:38:20 pm »
Quote from: Spacey;207103

Stoops presence will benefit just about every audience they play in front of.  It will actually benefit the hardcore local fans the least.  Average 6 pack Joe, seeing the breakfast for the first or second time will not know that they\'re playing a "limited" setlist because there\'s a new member in the band.  It\'s only the longtimes bitchin\' cause they don\'t play Za anymore that are hurt by this lost education time.

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
New Lineup
« Reply #264 on: October 09, 2008, 04:44:29 pm »
Quote from: Gfunk;207109
You guys are nuts, this is going to expose many new people to the band. Also it\'s not like Tim, Chris, & Adrian will get worse during this time period, they can still write new material and debut new songs with Stoops in the picture. Enjoy your heteraide.

Do you think all these new fans are going to stick around when they go back to being a 3 piece after 1/1?

No, it\'ll be cool for the shows he plays but then we are back to square one.

This band has not made any ground in the last 12-18 months.

Besides, I don\'t think they can survive as a band without Stoops.

Quote from: SlimPickens;207111
Quote from: Spacey;207103

Stoops presence will benefit just about every audience they play in front of.  It will actually benefit the hardcore local fans the least.  Average 6 pack Joe, seeing the breakfast for the first or second time will not know that they\'re playing a "limited" setlist because there\'s a new member in the band.  It\'s only the longtimes bitchin\' cause they don\'t play Za anymore that are hurt by this lost education time.

Short-term benefit, maybe.

Long term, if he leaves, none.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 04:44:29 pm by Spacey »

SlimPickens

• just the tip
New Lineup
« Reply #265 on: October 09, 2008, 04:50:52 pm »
Quote from: Spacey;207112

then i guess we all better hope he stays.

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
New Lineup
« Reply #266 on: October 09, 2008, 04:57:37 pm »
Quote from: SlimPickens;207115

then i guess we all better hope he stays.

Which is my original point.

Why special guest him and then go back to a 3 piece?

We can\'t continue to add and subtract musicians from this band. How many times before it becomes a rotating keyboard slot?

If they were dying I could understand but they keep quiting.

Be a 3 piece or be a 4 piece with Stoops.

Please just pick one and stick to it.

Gfunk

• Papa^
New Lineup
« Reply #267 on: October 09, 2008, 05:00:37 pm »
Quote from: Gfunk;207109

Do you think all these new fans are going to stick around when they go back to being a 3 piece after 1/1?

No, it\'ll be cool for the shows he plays but then we are back to square one.

This band has not made any ground in the last 12-18 months.

What makes you so sure that the new fans wont stick around? You think zero faces will be owned, zero new hardcore fans will be gained? Also you seem pretty sure that Stoops will be out like a fat girl playin dodgeball 1/1. Source?

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
New Lineup
« Reply #268 on: October 09, 2008, 06:00:03 pm »
Spacey I respectfully disagree on lesser points...

The Breakfast does not *need* a keyboard player. Ooops, brain fart. The Breakfast needs a keyboard player!

To me Breakfast Trio was not their highest point musically. The high points being pretty much any time with Sequoia or Matt in the picture. Tim is in my top 5 favorite all time musicians so I hate to criticize at all -- but I really hope not to see the guy trying to tackle keyboards and guitar at the same time again. I mean its badass that he could pull it off... but IMO it caused a lot of limitations that you don\'t have with a seperate guy on keys.
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
New Lineup
« Reply #269 on: October 09, 2008, 07:17:47 pm »
Perhaps with Stoops joining temp (or not) they could also recruit a big name (or several) to guest on a short tour. Like some horns or something that isn\'t as common or just ridiculous like  Skerik or Fred Wesley, DBB horns, bonerama, female vocalist something like that. Just go all out do things that they either never do or can\'t because they are missing this or that piece. Simply embrace it as way to get really really creative.

I don\'t think folks are tied to a format. For example (and I hate to keep using them as a reference) The Ryan Montbleau Band. Now, during any given show you might have Ryan play solo, He will also play as a 3 piece (ryan -guitar vox, Larry - Viola, Matt -Bass), they will also play with all 7 or they will play a show without their percussionist. It really comes down to the arrangements.

Bringing a bunch of different artists also exposes their fans to the breakfast in a different setting and helps crowds overlap, the fans get to see killer music and it is all fresh.
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19