Author Topic: New Lineup  (Read 58171 times)

Whineberg

• http://
New Lineup
« Reply #210 on: September 29, 2008, 12:46:54 pm »
2nd guitar player = bad idea.
Name change back to Psyche B. = good idea.

Drew_Kingsley

• Your busted
    • http://www.goleopards.com
New Lineup
« Reply #211 on: September 29, 2008, 01:10:39 pm »
Quote from: Whineberg;204910

The majority of people at any given Breakfast show have probably never heard "Psychedelic Breakfast" proper, aside from maybe listening to Deuce.

(^^^ This may not be true for hometown shows, but I would bet on it being true on tour.)

Changing their name back to Psychedelic Breakfast would be a move to appease the extreme minority and is definitely not a good idea in the midst of trying to maintain your identity during a personnel switch.
Go see your Breakfast, there are starving Leiths in California

Lerherbles

New Lineup
« Reply #212 on: September 29, 2008, 01:28:46 pm »
Quote from: Drew_Kingsley;204917

The majority of people at any given Breakfast show have probably never heard "Psychedelic Breakfast" proper, aside from maybe listening to Deuce.

(^^^ This may not be true for hometown shows, but I would bet on it being true on tour.)

Changing their name back to Psychedelic Breakfast would be a move to appease the extreme minority and is definitely not a good idea in the midst of trying to maintain your identity during a personnel switch.

I totally agree with this statement.   Though I feel that the name change in hindsight was a bad idea.

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
New Lineup
« Reply #213 on: September 29, 2008, 01:33:14 pm »
Quote from: Drew_Kingsley;204917

absolutely correct.  most of the people who would appreciate this either dont tour with bands anymore becuase they are past that age, or are very close to being at that point.  most of the folks who are actively touring jamband kids know this band as "the breakfast"
DS Newbers

Whineberg

New Lineup
« Reply #214 on: September 29, 2008, 01:56:50 pm »
I\'m 47 and many people have tried to take the psychedelic out of me. All have failed, and will continue to do so.

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
New Lineup
« Reply #215 on: September 29, 2008, 02:03:54 pm »
thats why i said most, not all
DS Newbers

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
New Lineup
« Reply #216 on: September 29, 2008, 02:11:53 pm »
Name is not going to change.

Line up might become permanent.

That is all.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

Vassillios

• straight from the gutter
New Lineup
« Reply #217 on: September 29, 2008, 02:13:24 pm »
are we still talking about the new lineup? geeeez what old news
i think it\'s turning back on me / i\'m down on the upside

Whineberg

New Lineup
« Reply #218 on: September 29, 2008, 02:54:09 pm »
permanent = good idea.

JOUNCE

New Lineup
« Reply #219 on: September 29, 2008, 03:37:48 pm »
VIVA LA BREAKFAST!!!!!!!!!

Matt is a kind human being and wonderful keyboard player! Stoops is the man, (a deceivingly tall man) and a perfect addition to any well rounded breakfast!

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
New Lineup
« Reply #220 on: September 29, 2008, 04:02:37 pm »
Quote from: ds673488;204892
spacey, when was your last show?

last toads show ?
*Gia*

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
New Lineup
« Reply #221 on: September 29, 2008, 04:28:23 pm »
Quote from: bezerker;204948
Quote from: ds673488;204892
spacey, when was your last show?

last toads show ?

Last full show, might just be, it is possible.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

Gfunk

• Papa^
    • http://www.myspace.com/weaksauce603
New Lineup
« Reply #222 on: September 29, 2008, 05:46:02 pm »
So what dates is st00ps confirmed to be playing? Eerie Pa->New Years or what? when is the first st00ps+Breakfast show?

on a side note the south is hungry for Breakfast, feed them.
Facial Hair Would Be So Nice

weekapaug19

• In the house
    • http://www.phishhook.com/lists/weekapaug19
New Lineup
« Reply #223 on: September 29, 2008, 05:59:45 pm »
iron horse I believe
"I don\'t know if it\'s an A-sharp or a B-Flat.......If you get this wrong, we\'ll all B-Flat"  -The Goonies

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
New Lineup
« Reply #224 on: September 29, 2008, 06:00:58 pm »
RE: The Name of the Band

Why does everyone insist they keep the name ?

Not to be a debbie downer but they haven\'t really broken out of the local circuit and they draw about the same amount of fans as they did in the early days. So what exactly does the name do ? If you said to people this is the new project by the former members of the breakfast it carries about as much weight as the breakfast does.

Changing the name and project (at the sametime keeping what made PB TB) great isn\'t a bad thing IMHO. It might even get some people out to see what is new as opposed to just dismissing the band outright as they have been there done that.

It is marketing plain and simple. It isn\'t like they have really good name recognition besides folks who have seen them before. They do not have a good market penetration.

Einstein defined insanity as doing the samething over and over again and expecting a different result.

Why not take the opportunity to reinvent yourself or the band when given the opportunity ? It is just as valid an argument as is keeping on keeping on.

It has nothing to do with old school v. new school. What it has to do with is stirring the pot and arousing peoples interest. Isn\'t this why Tim plays solo shows ?(besides getting paid) How many people have seen Tim play solo only to come out and check out the Breakfast because Tim is as good as he is. Why do people go to check out his side projects etc ? Isn\'t to see what Tim et al have cooked up ?

As always this issue etc always comes down to what the guys in the band want to get out of being in the band. If they are content with what they are doing great, keep it going. If they want to get bigger and make more money and gain fans then doing the samething IMHO isn\'t going to cut it. Just as the original fanbase is getting older so is Tim, Adrian, Chris etc.

They originally changed the name for marketing purposes so why draw a line in the sand now ?
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19