Author Topic: New Lineup  (Read 61534 times)

LinesWithin

New Lineup
« Reply #165 on: September 27, 2008, 06:35:39 pm »
Quote from: krispy;204656
we are not falling apart, we are relocating.  be afraid, be very afraid...

i wouldn\'t say we are falling apart or even relocating.  the way i see it we are just venturing out.

and yes. as krispy said, be afraid.

psychjosh

New Lineup
« Reply #166 on: September 27, 2008, 06:46:15 pm »
I\'m incredibly bummed if raq rumors are true. GREAT BAND and GREAT GUYS. If it is true and we are fortunate enough to get a player like stoops... well than for once the stars align for this band.

As far as my pipe dream super group is concerned... I think the totally opposite styles of guitar would be flippin sickest thing ever. The songs and vocals would gain 20 points moving forward.

The dynamic of a 5 piece IMHO would force a more laid back approach and less of an ego driven thing (as wolf put it) and I think the masses would catch on instantly...

but then again.. what the fuck do i know..
Bring Back the Shotty Nasal!

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
New Lineup
« Reply #167 on: September 27, 2008, 08:02:43 pm »
Quote from: bdfreetuna;204617
Breakfast with another guitar player.... :lol:

Nominated for worst idea ever. Unless TPalms manages to clone himself somehow, I guess that would be allright.

Ya Duane Allman NEVER played with great Guitar players in the same band ;)

Jerry Garcia Never played with other guitar players either

Frank Zappa nope never ever.

:)

Michetti and Palmieri could be a Duane - Dickey
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

psychjosh

New Lineup
« Reply #168 on: September 27, 2008, 08:11:46 pm »
Quote from: kindm\'s;204665

Nominated for worst idea ever. Unless TPalms manages to clone himself somehow, I guess that would be allright.

that was the 1st questioned i asked when i heard!!

stublatt

New Lineup
« Reply #169 on: September 27, 2008, 08:35:01 pm »
Only been fairly close to this band\'s musical energy for the last couple of years - and I think the world of Matty O - you will be truly missed - those acoustic Daniel St shows were something special- but the time is right to make this Breakfast thing explode!!!!!  Not too familiar with RAQ and Stoops, but knowing that he is a temporary fix, let\'s take advantage of the opportunity to unite the worlds of TB & RAQ, and work on securing a monster keyboard player going forward in \'09.  Forget the 5th band member BS - The genius that is Tim and Adrian does not need much more than themselves to dominate the jamband scene.  No need for a 2nd guitar player to get in the way of TPalms (OK in an occasional live insanity situation, though).
  Chris D is the perfect addition to their world - you are an absolute monster, guy!! -  and you\'ve certainly helped \'raise the level\' to eleven.  There may be musicians out there that come close to the talent of these guys, but I seriously doubt  there are that many (or any) that are better than them.  Tremendous as a band - ridiculous as individuals!!!!!  Thank you so much to each of you for blowing us away on a regular basis!!
  Bottom line - a monster B3 player with vocal dominance should be the final piece to \'all things Breakfast.  Either that, or John Medeski!  I\'m sure he can free up an occasional month or 2 from his busy schedule!

Bottom line - keep pushing it, boys!!!!!!!  Luv ya live!!!!

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
New Lineup
« Reply #170 on: September 27, 2008, 08:57:12 pm »
the news is in the headlines section of jambands.com.

tyzack

• http://
New Lineup
« Reply #171 on: September 27, 2008, 11:14:56 pm »
Quote from: psychjosh;204609
Quote from: Jim Cobb;204437
ENTER NEW RUMORS - re: The Breakfast as a 5 piece...  :chin:

As for treatment of newbies...  I was welcomed with open arms!  At my second show (UAC1), wah pulled me around for like 30 minutes introducing me to people that were "dying to meet" me.  I encountered no bashing as a newb.  Granted, I entered the scene with 2 years of DLing shows under my belt, so I was already familiar with the material (hell, I could\'ve sat in the first time I saw them).  Eh.  just my experience.

1st off... RAQ has definitely not disbanded!!!!!!!!!!! There is nothing on any of their sites to indicate that.
for my money I\'ll go with
Tim
Adrian
Chris
Stoops
and Seth Yacavone!!!!!!!!!

The synergy between Seth and Tim on Bonafide in addition to the tour they did together is unquestionable!!... I think Seth and Stoops (if they would ever even consider this) would be the magic extra ingredient to elevate the band to major status on this scene.

Call it a pipe dream but it would be fuckin sick!

I hope Matt does great things! He\'s one helluva player and has a great career in front of him.

Who is Seth Yacavone?

Didn\'t Jerry play steel guitar on the first NRPS album? I believe he also worked on Blows Against the Empire.

Everyone should drink Narragansetts.

« Last Edit: September 27, 2008, 11:16:06 pm by tyzack »
Apartheid: A policy of segregation and political and economic discrimination.

krispy

• I\'m a negative creep
New Lineup
« Reply #172 on: September 27, 2008, 11:28:47 pm »
Don\'t confuse Stoops with an organist.  This is the whole package.  There is no one who does what Todd Stoops does on the scene today.

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
New Lineup
« Reply #173 on: September 27, 2008, 11:31:46 pm »
Quote from: tyzack;204684

Who is Seth Yacavone?

you ser ? !
*Gia*

LinesWithin

New Lineup
« Reply #174 on: September 28, 2008, 02:34:32 pm »
Quote from: krispy;204687
Don\'t confuse Stoops with an organist.  This is the whole package.  There is no one who does what Todd Stoops does on the scene today.

for those who have never seen todd stoops play, you are in for a treat.  IMO he is the best keyboardist on the scene today.

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
New Lineup
« Reply #175 on: September 28, 2008, 03:06:32 pm »
not only do i love him on keys,but his stage presence if off the charts.
kid brings straight heat and this band should finally go where they been tryin to get for many,many years.
shit,theyve paid their dues somethin ugly.
still out there grindin it out.doin what it takes.
my fingers are crossed.
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

weekapaug19

• In the house
    • http://www.phishhook.com/lists/weekapaug19
New Lineup
« Reply #176 on: September 28, 2008, 03:40:09 pm »
wonder if he\'s gonna bring a song or two over?
"I don\'t know if it\'s an A-sharp or a B-Flat.......If you get this wrong, we\'ll all B-Flat"  -The Goonies

psychjosh

New Lineup
« Reply #177 on: September 28, 2008, 03:47:40 pm »
google him

As far as Stoops goes... If he is available they should realy try to make it last. I agree with everyone else that he is absolutely one of the best all around key players on the scene!

Quote from: tyzack;204684
Quote from: Jim Cobb;204437
ENTER NEW RUMORS - re: The Breakfast as a 5 piece...  :chin:

As for treatment of newbies...  I was welcomed with open arms!  At my second show (UAC1), wah pulled me around for like 30 minutes introducing me to people that were "dying to meet" me.  I encountered no bashing as a newb.  Granted, I entered the scene with 2 years of DLing shows under my belt, so I was already familiar with the material (hell, I could\'ve sat in the first time I saw them).  Eh.  just my experience.

1st off... RAQ has definitely not disbanded!!!!!!!!!!! There is nothing on any of their sites to indicate that.
for my money I\'ll go with
Tim
Adrian
Chris
Stoops
and Seth Yacavone!!!!!!!!!

The synergy between Seth and Tim on Bonafide in addition to the tour they did together is unquestionable!!... I think Seth and Stoops (if they would ever even consider this) would be the magic extra ingredient to elevate the band to major status on this scene.

Call it a pipe dream but it would be fuckin sick!

I hope Matt does great things! He\'s one helluva player and has a great career in front of him.

Who is Seth Yacavone?

Didn\'t Jerry play steel guitar on the first NRPS album? I believe he also worked on Blows Against the Empire.

Everyone should drink Narragansetts.

peaches626

New Lineup
« Reply #178 on: September 28, 2008, 04:03:50 pm »
only a guy like matt could totally bounce out of a band and leave the fans with such good vibes.... thanks again mr. o

and i agree, stoops is ser
taints rule, gypsies drool!

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
New Lineup
« Reply #179 on: September 28, 2008, 04:29:47 pm »
Quote from: Stephengencs;204573
way to go freddie.  hope the means we are going to see you soon holding down front row, pint of guinness in hand, rocking out and pointing at timmy with "that" look on your face.......love ya brother see you in November......

:that:

Quote from: Wolfman;204615
I\'ll definitely miss Matt\'s playing and having him around.  His jazzy stylings were fun to listen to and he wasn\'t afraid to go off completely into outer space during jams.  Whether it worked or didn\'t is completely subjective on a minute-by-minute basis, but it was always entertaining.  And he is a super cool person to have around, which really means a lot.  I\'ll miss you Striker!  Thanks for all the great shows and good luck!

Couldn\'t have said it better wolf. Matt was a really great influence and from day one was not afraid to grab the band as the lead man and forge into a new direction, leading the band. While I always loved jordans playing for it\'s fluidity, this was something he NEVER did. One of my first shows with matt, tim just finished raging a solo and points to matt to take over. Matt doesn\'t do anything for 2 bars. Then just hits the root note they were in. As the song played through the chord changes, he just kept hitting that one note, only changing the rhythm of it. With each chord they band switched into, his one note took on a whole new sonic resonance in that new key, in effect switching from 1 to b6, to 4, 2, 7, etc. All the time just looking at tim with a huge grin on his face which seemed to say "I could do anything I want to here, but I choose not to because this is all I need to do." Tim was loving it. That took some balls. Someone more egotistical would have been running arpeggios as fast as they could, but matt was happy with a root note based on a half beat triplet. As his solo progressed he built into a nice simple melody and the band came back in for the head but that was all he needed to say at that moment. In my mind, it was brilliant. That\'s the kind of thing I\'m going to miss about matt.

Also, who the hell am I going to talk about yoga with now? :lol:

Quote from: krispy;204656
we are not falling apart, we are relocating.  be afraid, be very afraid...

this post proves just how well all the raq fans are going to fit in here. Don\'t take no shit.
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke